The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Have you ever given Nicholas and Phillip pickles? Grace rolls on hers a couple times before eating them.

:rofl: She must smell lovely after that. No, I don't eat pickles so they don't get them.

:rofl: She must smell lovely after that. No, I don't eat pickles so they don't get them.

She smells like a Hound so the pickle gives her a slightly better scent. You should get a couple dill chips and see what they do. It might be good for a laugh or two.

She smells like a Hound so the pickle gives her a slightly better scent.

The boys smell too, but the mobile groomer comes every three weeks, which helps. Their breath leaves a bit to be desired though.

The boys smell too, but the mobile groomer comes every three weeks, which helps. Their breath leaves a bit to be desired though.

She needs a bath a lot more than that but because I'm lazy she gets a bath every 2-3 weeks. She smells days after her bath. I wonder if Gasman has the same problem with his Basset.

She needs a bath a lot more than that but because I'm lazy she gets a bath every 2-3 weeks. She smells days after her bath. I wonder if Gasman has the same problem with his Basset.

You can buy scented wipes to use in between baths. They're like Wet Ones for dogs and they sell them at Petsmart, etc. I'm sure Lulu smells too.

Last edited:
They can stink up the place pretty quick but then again so can my buddies. I found by cleaning her ears once a week it helps. Ill have to try the pickles later.

I was driving home tonight and there was snow mixed in with the rain. I even wore gloves. It's only October 15 - what's going on?

I was driving home tonight and there was snow mixed in with the rain. I even wore gloves. It's only October 15 - what's going on?

We had rain for the last 2 days and then it was 95 today. Go figure.

They can stink up the place pretty quick but then again so can my buddies. I found by cleaning her ears once a week it helps. Ill have to try the pickles later.

There's an idea. I might have to try that. Grace's ears do stink pretty bad.

There's an idea. I might have to try that. Grace's ears do stink pretty bad.

You can buy the stuff to clean them in pet stores. It makes a huge difference.

We are having a heat wave. 95 today when the temps should be in the mid to low 80's.

You can buy the stuff to clean them in pet stores. It makes a huge difference.

We have some. I just don't clean her ears often enough. Maybe I'll have to start doing it weekly. She enjoys it. It's so funny watching her when I get the bottle of ear wipes out. She goes crazy and climbs in my lap.

We are having a heat wave. 95 today when the temps should be in the mid to low 80's.

Oh shush already. It's in the 40's and should be in the 60's.

Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in. :peace2:

Yeah yeah. Sure you didn't. :smile-big: Can you send some of that heat east?

Yeah yeah. Sure you didn't. :smile-big: Can you send some of that heat east?

It should be coming your way next week as our temps come back down into the low 80's. Of course, by the time it gets to you, it will only be 40 degree air instead of 90 degree air. It will get mixed with the Yankee Clipper.

I am sitting here with two bored whining Basset Hounds so I'm making them chase the laser around the office. It's very entertaining.

I am sitting here with two bored whining Basset Hounds so I'm making them chase the laser around the office. It's very entertaining.

My old cocker would chase a flashlight beam all around the room or around the backyard at night. She would also try to bite the reflection my watch made when sunlight struck it while driving. All of those things were entertaining as well.

I wish I could figure out the constant need for them to whine. Grace does that just walks around and whines. I take her outside, she comes back in and whines. :confused2: Those are the times I wish she could talk and tell me why she is whining. She won't chase the laser pointer. We tried. :sad:

We do that with our Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. It's a crack-up. He's really quick though, and "catches" the laser speck all the time. It's even more fun now with the bamboo floors because he slides around alot.

I wish I could figure out the constant need for them to whine. Grace does that just walks around and whines. I take her outside, she comes back in and whines. :confused2: Those are the times I wish she could talk and tell me why she is whining. She won't chase the laser pointer. We tried. :sad:

They just want attention. So you took her out - she wants to be pet and told how beautiful she is as well.

They just want attention. So you took her out - she wants to be pet and told how beautiful she is as well.

Think of her as a woman in a fur coat. That should do it.:banana:

I can't do that. The wife gets jealous. :shock:

Five weeks ago, I broke down and got The Kid a cell phone. Lots of lectures about responsibility, etc. Naturally it went lost Wednesday. We know it arrived home Wednesday evening. It's off, and there's been no activity on it, but we can't find it anywhere, and The Kid thinks it's possible it fell out of his pocket biking to school yesterday morning.

He buys the next phone, and he knows it.

He buys the next phone, and he knows it.

That was the problem with the woman I dated before I met my wife. Her 15 year-old daughter lost and got a new phone, paid for by mom, no less than 6 times in two years. Imagine how well it went over when I suggested maybe she should start buying her own since obviously she wasn't learning how not to lose it!

Back