The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

That was the problem with the woman I dated before I met my wife. Her 15 year-old daughter lost and got a new phone, paid for by mom, no less than 6 times in two years. Imagine how well it went over when I suggested maybe she should start buying her own since obviously she wasn't learning how not to lose it!

If your experience with OPC's (other people's children) was anything like mine, that floated like a lead canoe. The kid had been spoiled from birth and now believes the sun and moon do rotate just for her benefit. It is wrong on so many levels that it just cannot be fixed.

That was the problem with the woman I dated before I met my wife. Her 15 year-old daughter lost and got a new phone, paid for by mom, no less than 6 times in two years. Imagine how well it went over when I suggested maybe she should start buying her own since obviously she wasn't learning how not to lose it!

Some day daughter's gonna hit a bump in the road and Mom won't be there to fix it. It's gonna be ugly.

Cell phone reappeared in backpack. I'm mostly annoyed at the lack of initiative The Kid took in looking for the darn thing.

I bought knee socks to wear under knee high boots, but the socks go up further on my leg and you can see them so I can't wear them.

Fold them over? Or are they supposed to stick out a little?

Fold them over? Or are they supposed to stick out a little?

No - if I'm wearing a dress - you should see bare leg between the top of the boots and the bottom of the dress. If I tuck my jeans in, the socks are to hold the jeans in place so they don't bunch, but you want to see boot, then jeans.

No - if I'm wearing a dress - you should see bare leg between the top of the boots and the bottom of the dress. If I tuck my jeans in, the socks are to hold the jeans in place so they don't bunch, but you want to see boot, then jeans.

You women and your fashion.

Says the man who lets his Basset Hound rolls in pickle juice to smell pretty.

As long as she feels pretty I don't care. :laughing:

When we were at my sister's this summer, she took a fabulous shot of the family. Turns out it's not sufficiently high resolution to print out and frame. Grrr.

However, this came up because my other sister took an even more fabulous shot of the kids that is (as I type) getting printed out for Christmas cards. I'm formatting the invitation for our eggnog party today and should be addressing invitations and cards by the weekend.

As a friend of mine likes to say, you have 12 months advance notice about Christmas. There's no excuse for coming up short.

When we were at my sister's this summer, she took a fabulous shot of the family. Turns out it's not sufficiently high resolution to print out and frame. Grrr.

However, this came up because my other sister took an even more fabulous shot of the kids that is (as I type) getting printed out for Christmas cards. I'm formatting the invitation for our eggnog party today and should be addressing invitations and cards by the weekend.

As a friend of mine likes to say, you have 12 months advance notice about Christmas. There's no excuse for coming up short.

I'll be waiting for my invite. I can't wait to taste some of that 'nog that we hear so much about. :bananadance:

I'll be waiting for my invite. I can't wait to taste some of that 'nog that we hear so much about. :bananadance:

If you can walk home afterwards, you're welcome to join us! :party:

If you can walk home afterwards, you're welcome to join us! :party:

Can I just bunk with the kid or in the basement or even on the front lawn? That's a mighty long walk for me.

Can I just bunk with the kid or in the basement or even on the front lawn? That's a mighty long walk for me.

We might be able to swing that. Extra props for entertaining the really little ones in the basement and helping to clean up afterwards.

Edit: the liquors and liqueurs are already blending in with the whole spices.

We might be able to swing that. Extra props for entertaining the really little ones in the basement and helping to clean up afterwards.

Edit: the liquors and liqueurs are already blending in with the whole spices.

I'm sure after a couple drinks I'll be very entertaining for them. :bananadance:

I'm sure after a couple drinks I'll be very entertaining for them. :bananadance:

I"m sure their parents would appreciate it.

I was at a stop sign on my way home tonight when the guy behind me tapped me. I got out to make sure there was no damage and the guy told me that I had rolled back into him. My car was fine and I had to laugh and give him points for coming up with that one. Before anyone says anything - I was in first gear with one foot on the brake and the other on the clutch.

No marks of any kind on your car Diane? If I got tapped sitting at a stop sign, I would give the guy behind a piece of my mind, even if there wasn't any damage. You are way too nice.

No marks of any kind on your car Diane? If I got tapped sitting at a stop sign, I would give the guy behind a piece of my mind, even if there wasn't any damage. You are way too nice.

No marks so why make a fuss.

I"m sure their parents would appreciate it.

I think he meant after he had a few drinks, he would be entertaining . . . but way to go straight to child endangerment like you'd been there before. :D

I think he meant after he had a few drinks, he would be entertaining . . . but way to go straight to child endangerment like you'd been there before. :D

Sweetie, that's how I interpreted it. The other parents would love to have this drunk looking after their kids.

Sweetie, that's how I interpreted it. The other parents would love to have this drunk looking after their kids.

Not just any drunk. An unknown by everyone drunk. :bananadance: Is that Chirs Hanson coming down the steps??

Not just any drunk. An unknown by everyone drunk. :bananadance: Is that Chirs Hanson coming down the steps??

Hey, so long as you can sing the Whoville song from the original Grinch movie, the kids will love you.

I was at a stop sign on my way home tonight when the guy behind me tapped me. I got out to make sure there was no damage and the guy told me that I had rolled back into him. My car was fine and I had to laugh and give him points for coming up with that one. Before anyone says anything - I was in first gear with one foot on the brake and the other on the clutch.

correct me if i am wrong, but regardless it would have been their fault for not assuring a safe distance. way too many times i have sat at a light wondering if this was going to be the day that i roll back into someone who stops too close. but i love driving a manual car too much to give that up for that reason.

next to that...people who chew with their mouth open and chew loudly anger me...a lot. haha

Hey, so long as you can sing the Whoville song from the original Grinch movie, the kids will love you.

By then I'll have my own version of the song. :blob:

Friday afternoon traffic around here is a nightmare every week and tomorrow Obama is coming for a fundraiser for Dodd - I can't imagine what it will be like then. Military helicopters were flying around yesterday. I may work from home tomorrow.

Back