The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

I swear by that stuff too! It knocks me out in about 20 minutes but you are right it's one of the only things that makes the itching stop. My mother-in-law gave me this stuff called Sea-Breeze which smells pretty bad but works great for instant relief as well.

It's the alcohol in it. If you have deodorant with alcohol in it - rub it on - it will last longer than the SeaBreeze.

You just gave me one of those "ah-ha" moments, that's makes a lot of sense. Thanks!!

You're welcome. Another suggestion - buy children's Benadryl. It won't knock you out as quickly. That's what I keep in my golf bag so I can still drive home without falling asleep.

I have to go to two, not one, but two jewelry parties this weekend. The modern equivalent of a Tupperware party only it's women drinking a lot of wine and buying jewelry. Oh joy.

At least there's the wine.

Nah - I'm there for the food.

They have food? Food AND wine? That's a good thing.

They have food? Food AND wine? That's a good thing.

Maybe not enough to get me there though. The party and I use that term loosely is 30 minutes away and it's pouring and very windy out there. I may stay in tonight.

CT added a new area code today so we have to dial the area code for all calls even if you're calling your next door neighbor.

CT added a new area code today so we have to dial the area code for all calls even if you're calling your next door neighbor.

I never understood why they didn't just make the new area codes just for cell phones. I mean, that's the reason we need all the new numbers.

We still don't have to do that, but we have to dial the area code for local calls if it's different. But not if it's the same.

I never understood why they didn't just make the new area codes just for cell phones. I mean, that's the reason we need all the new numbers.

I think NYC did that - I believe 917 is for cell phones only. Ty could probably confirm that.

We have to dial the area code before any number now, Its been close to a year now.

I need to go out and mow for probably the final time this year. I'll mow down a bunch of leaves while I'm at it. No raking today.

The grass isn't high, but it's uneven and there's a bunch of leaves.

No 646 is for landlines too, but people didn't want it. They wanted 212 because they thought it had more prestige.

Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

Probably. I used to work at block from the Soup Nazi and he was as mean in real life. I forgot to ask for my fruit once so I went without.

Probably. I used to work at block from the Soup Nazi and he was as mean in real life. I forgot to ask for my fruit once so I went without.

Was his soup really that good?

We have a soup stand in the City Centre building downtown ("Soups!") and I swear they put crack in their soups. But they are really nice.

Was his soup really that good?

His soups were delicious, which is why people put up with the abuse. I never saw him refuse anyone soup, but he often refused to give the fruit and/or bread if people didn't follow the rules.

Now I want delicious soup.

and cupcakes.

and bacon.

It all comes back to bacon. As it should.

I'm curious - what do you consider bacon to be?
  • Nectar of the gods.
  • A Superfood.
  • Better than sex.
  • Top of the food chain.

• Nectar of the gods.
  • A Superfood.
  • Better than sex.
  • Top of the food chain.

E. Yummy

• Nectar of the gods.
  • A Superfood.
  • Better than sex.
  • Top of the food chain.

A and B.

Nothing is better than sex and humans are top of the food chain.

Back