The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Friday afternoon traffic around here is a nightmare every week and tomorrow Obama is coming for a fundraiser for Dodd - I can't imagine what it will be like then. Military helicopters were flying around yesterday. I may work from home tomorrow.

I can hear the cough starting. You should probably stay home or the golf course. You know 4 hours of fresh air will do you good. :bananadance:

Just got back from lunch with the in-laws. They live 17 minutes away and come down quite often to have lunch with us. They see our kids what, three times a year?

Too bad there's no drinking at lunch any more.

I had scrambled eggs for breakfast. I gave the last two bites to the Basset Hounds. Phillip can eat off a fork with no problem, but Nicholas felt the need to lap at it so eggs went flying everywhere.

Know how sometimes you get the pull on your pants zipper stuck at the bottom of the fly? Boo Girl did that this morning and asked me to help her--naturally she had her pants on at the time. I ended up prying it out of there with my tweezers--and managed to stabb the base of my thumb with them in the process. It really bled, too.

I have actually thrown pants away for that very same problem. I'd rather shank a golf shot than deal with that stuck, metal, pull thing. Gessh, here I thought it was going to be decent day after all..............:banghead:
Know how sometimes you get the pull on your pants zipper stuck at the bottom of the fly? Boo Girl did that this morning and asked me to help her--naturally she had her pants on at the time. I ended up prying it out of there with my tweezers--and managed to stabb the base of my thumb with them in the process. It really bled, too.

There are easier ways. You pinch the zipper part that is stuck between your thumb and finger and pull it straight up.

There are easier ways. You pinch the zipper part that is stuck between your thumb and finger and pull it straight up.

Doesn't work with a little girl already wearing her two year old (and therefore way too small) favorite pants.

Was there a reason you didn't tell her to take them off? I had to use pliers one time to get the zipper to move up enough to grab it. Nothing like spending 30 minutes at the driving range only to get back to your car and realize your fly was undone. I wonder how long it was like that?

I just got back from lunch - a local dive with great food. I haven't been there in a while and it's not the same. They renovated and obviously brought in a decorator. It's just not the same any longer. I hate when dives try to get fancy - the ambiance was part of the appeal.

I've been having very weird dreams where all the people are mixed up, doing odd things and are completely out of context. They're very vivid so I wake up and wonder if they really happened. Anyone else have dreams like that?

I just got back from lunch - a local dive with great food. I haven't been there in a while and it's not the same. They renovated and obviously brought in a decorator. It's just not the same any longer. I hate when dives try to get fancy - the ambiance was part of the appeal.

My favorite Mexican restaurant in Dallas was owned by a couple of friends. They had a lunch buffet that was just out of this world. Lots of traditional tex-mex and a bowl of sliced jalapenos at the end of the line. A couple of years after moving, I went back. It had been turned into an upscale Mexican eatery that had ruined the whole thing. I was very disappointed.

Why does it feel like this week is dragging on forever? :banghead:

Why does it feel like this week is dragging on forever? :banghead:

Because it is. Also, I'm pretty much caught up on things, and I can't remember what it is I do when that happens.

I told my wife this morning as I was pouring my magic elixir, coffee, that I was glad this was TGITDBF day. She said, "Huh?" (She is really on the ball first thing in the morning)

So I explained, "Thank God Its The Day Before Friday Day". This is one of those weeks where I really need to start celebrating early because it is taking soooo long.

Just noticed that the entire first round of this week's PGA tournament has been postponed until Friday because of rain. Good thing the World Series is on tonight so I can get my sports fix.

Okay, this week is so endless that I finished updating our compliance manual this morning. I may even begin the annual compliance review next week.

Spoiler
It's only 16 months late.

Women who just stop talking to you after months of communication, dating, trips, etc. :confused2:

Women who just stop talking to you after months of communication, dating, trips, etc. :confused2:

That's only mildly annoying? As the saying goes, you must not have been that into her.

Viking Classic postponed again today. First round won't start until Saturday . . . maybe.

My guess is she thinks you did something - it might be real or it might be imagined, but she thinks it happened. Have you objectively considered what that might be?

Nicky doesn't understand the invisible fence so in order to walk him I put a towel down and he walks across it like a magic carpet. The problem is that he gets so excited he charges the minute he sees the towel and ends up under it. The tunnel concept is too much for him so he freezes and we have to back up and start again.

Nicky doesn't understand the invisible fence so in order to walk him I put a towel down and he walks across it like a magic carpet. The problem is that he gets so excited he charges the minute he sees the towel and ends up under it. The tunnel concept is too much for him so he freezes and we have to back up and start again.

huh ?

No.

What does the towel have to do with the invisible fence?

He won't cross the line even with his leash on and collar off. He forgets the line is there if the towel is down, but will only walk on the towel as though it's a bridge. He really is very smart.

Back