The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

My neck hurts - I have no idea why.

flexible-bending-girl-237x300.png

Hmm - you think?

I couldn't come anywhere close to doing that.

We are a regulated industry, and our agency gets all bent out of shape over security issues.

It's time to pay our registration renewal fees, so the emal was expected. Looks good, from the right place, etc. etc. I clicked on the link and got an error message--the security certificate wasn't from a recognized certificate issuer. I went to my bookmarked site and got the same message.

Now, I know the site's okay, becuase I've used it for years, the URL is correct, etc. etc. I just don't get how a federal agency so bent out of shape about security and internet privacy can't manage their secure website correctly.

I gave away most of the cupcakes I made and froze the ones I kept for myself so I wouldn't eat them all at once. Now I want one and it's frozen.

I gave away most of the cupcakes I made and froze the ones I kept for myself so I wouldn't eat them all at once. Now I want one and it's frozen.

10 seconds in the microwave.

Mildly annoying: draining pasta while wearing glasses instead of contacts.

I prefer to dive in and just start eating away.

Someone seems frisky tonight.

I've somehow managed to lose my second favorite hoodie. And it's not one that can be replaced.

I'm beginning to think maybe its not always the best plan for me to take off my clothes for every Pam, Nicole, and Tracy who asks me too.

Spoiler
Giggity.

For some reason, I can't get into the network at work and I need a file. :banghead:

Mildly annoying: My college throwing in an additional "institution" fee of $150 bucks on top of tuition.

Mildly annoying: My college throwing in an additional "institution" fee of $150 bucks on top of tuition.

It appears that colleges are starting to operate like the phone company.

The mouse touch pad on my lap top decided to stop working last night. I tapped, I clicked left and right, offered it a WI aged cheddar, all to no avail. We had a wireless mouse laying around and that's working fine, but it's taking a little getting use to. Why would the stupid mouse touch pad just stop working? I couldn't browse this forum for almost 30 minutes while my daughter found and got the wireless one going. That was a pretty scary 30 minutes.

Kevin

That would suck Esox. Glad you finally got back to cruising THP! We actually use a wireless mouse with our laptop all the time because we don't like using the touchpad.

That would suck Esox. Glad you finally got back to cruising THP! We actually use a wireless mouse with our laptop all the time because we don't like using the touchpad.

The wireless is actually not bothering me at all, and I think I'll end up liking it better, it's just been so long since I primarily used a "mouse" mouse. The real problem is if the touch pad went, how long before the next problem crops up. We use the lap tops for our business, and I hate to buy a couple new ones when my business is up and down.

So wireless with fingers crossed it is for the time being.

Kevin

Esox-

That happened to my old laptop one time. It turned out the cable had somehow come loose. If yours is like mine, it's one of those paper thin kinds that slides into place and is held by friction alone. (Dear loard, someone please explain that better than I did.) I just took all the screws out of my case, lifted the keyboard out of the way, and put the cable back. Worked fine after that.

touchpad_connector.jpg

Thanks, Harry, I'll consider it. Suffice to say I have never opened a computer to see what they have in there. I am not computer savvy.

Kevin

Back