The Mizuno Experience Contest and Live Update Thread

Just got caught up after being out all day, sounds like great day of golf despite the heat. Have fun tonight and tomorrow ….going to be a barn burner.

Will wagers on team vosh be refunded if he’s on the injured list tomorrow? I thought @JB was the one with near death experiences at events now the mojo is transferring to the OEM’s.

Vosh is fine! Played 9 holes after the incident. Steering on the Finn is less responsive than a speed cart. Great time.

Vosh is fine! Played 9 holes after the incident. Steering on the Finn is less responsive than a speed cart. Great time.

That’s good to hear. a good fall builds character, feels like it may provide us a Jordan flu-game esque storyline now!

Just got caught up after being out all day, sounds like great day of golf despite the heat. Have fun tonight and tomorrow ….going to be a barn burner.

Guys, I can't tell you how wet we were out there... I went through 3 gloves, put a rain glove on my right hand, and still had a driver slip out of my right hand on hole 10. You could not dry your hands off on your shorts because they were soaking wet. Perspiration dripping down your arms, legs, face, wrists, hands ... it was like taking a shower outside. Think I took 4 aspirin and drinking 4-6 oz of PowerAde between holes. It was THP Survival. But the guys made it all fun.

Muscle strain?
It’s a bit worriesome but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. I suspect tomorrow will be much better still.

Will wagers on team vosh be refunded if he’s on the injured list tomorrow? I thought @JB was the one with near death experiences at events now the mojo is transferring to the OEM’s.
Haha he is fine.

A real pleasure playing with @Vosh68 @Canadan and @Desmond

27 holes in a freaking blast furnace. I, the younger old guy, ran out of gas around hole 23. Chris and Dan hit the ball farrrrr, a pleasure to watch. What they say about golf with THPers yes 100% true goooooood people.

i agree with Dan these greens…

but it was nice to make a putt here and there.

both courses are remarkable and fun to play.

oh yea the equipment. Wedges performed for me and copper is awesome and looks more and more awesome as it oxidizes. The driver okay with it a bit, no adjustments until the match was done. I hit it ok early and as i ran out of gas not so much. Tomorrow is another day.

Mizuno is the real deal, as if anyone didn’t know and Chris and Jeff Crawford are great representatives.

This is a trip of and golf event of a lifetime, I’m honored to be a part of it.

and it’s been great talking to all the members on this trip, whether teammates or opposition. In the end, we’re all golfers and that makes us all friends.

PS Jerry is sneaky good too.

Guys, I can't tell you how wet we were out there... I went through 3 gloves, put a rain glove on my right hand, and still had a driver slip out of my right hand on hole 10. You could not dry your hands off on your shorts because they were soaking wet. Perspiration dripping down your arms, legs, face, wrists, hands ... it was like taking a shower outside. Think I took 4 aspirin and drinking 4-6 oz of PowerAde between holes. It was THP Survival. But the guys made it all fun.

Wow. I wonder if I could stay gloveless in Myrtle Beach, want to go late September. Have my FootJoy rain glove just in case.

I
Wow. I wonder if I could stay gloveless in Myrtle Beach, want to go late September. Have my FootJoy rain glove just in case.
I started the day with a Caddy Daddy Claw Pro on my left and a rain glove on my right. By the second hole on the back 9 I broke out a brand new pack of rain gloves for both hands.

What a round. Holy cow that was a fun read. Great playing out there! Very cool to see things so close. Loved all the updates, thank you alL!! Looking forward to how things go tomorrow!!!

I really enjoy stepping outside the AC and not being able to see through the water on my sun glasses instantaneously……

That looks really good. A little gravy pimento cheese on there would make that the most Southern meal in the South LOL!
Fixed it for you. 🤣

Great stuff today, guys! Thanks for taking THP along for the ride.

Did someone ever get Dan a rum drink?

I

I started the day with a Caddy Daddy Claw Pro on my left and a rain glove on my right. By the second hole on the back 9 I broke out a brand new pack of rain gloves for both hands.
If you have transportation, go get some hand sweat cream...worked wonders for me when I was out there. This wasn't it, but something similar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-155023_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-155023_Firefox.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
I had a great time golfing in a wet blanket that just came out of the dryer and needed an extra half hour because it was still wet and hot and stuff. Oof.

we had a great time. I definitely want a couple extra looks at some of these putts but I’m pretty damn happy about how I played.

had a great time with @Desmond in the cart. He’s going to be lethal with that driver tomorrow I think.

If you have transportation, go get some hand sweat cream...worked wonders for me when I was out there. This wasn't it, but something similar.
I am good. The brand new rain gloves grip really well. Two full pairs of gloves should be more then sufficient but I do appreciate the suggestion.

Reactions: J4U
In September, maybe but probably not.

Did anyone mention it was hot?
But the third hole, i was soaked. By 9 i was gripping a towel between shots. 3 gloves in and rotating them sometimes made no difference.

by 14 sweat was literally dropping off my shorts. By 17 i had one small area in the left short leg that was dry. When i finally showered my feet looked like i had just come out of the pool.
1627768994668.gif

Great thread to follow along. Sounds like an amazing time!

To be clear. My treammstes @Jman and and @NVGOLFER80 and @Vosh68 good people to watch, play and listen to. And our opponents, @Stryker and @Desmond as well as @jcraw311 and @Canadan plus a few minutes with @JB. Again good to watch play and/or listen to. It’s been a great event and tomorrow, win lose draw. New friends and life time memories. Leaving soon for dinner. Thanks to everyone associated with this event. I was quiet on the site and live updating due to the pruning of the heat and humidity of Myrtle beach!

Group dinner tonight at a local place at 7:15 ET and we have a private room where we will be able to talk about today as well as get questions answered for those that have them. A bit of an Ask Any Equipment Question kind of deal. @Vosh68 and @jcraw311 are an open book and have so much they can share.

Attachments

• 1FEB5633-230B-4657-B4C0-2EC74B384EBE.jpeg
    1FEB5633-230B-4657-B4C0-2EC74B384EBE.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19
Have been in and out all day as I got out for a round myself. Looks like a ton of fun was had. Cant wait to go back through and catch up

Incredible follow all and glad you tore it up today!!!

For God's sake, though will somebody please get @Vosh68 a sandwich?!? He looks like he never eats!

So, was it hot out there? 😂

Great updates and glad everyone had a great day. Enjoy dinner and tonight.

Back