The Mizuno Experience Contest and Live Update Thread

HELL to the YES! I love it when an event returns, that means it was so awesome they just had to do it again! Well done boys!

Again??

Reading over comments again. The group sounded awesome. THP has good people!

HELL to the YES! I love it when an event returns, that means it was so awesome they just had to do it again! Well done boys!

I have grander plans...And this one was fun.

SIgned up some new members who want a Mizuno Experience next year. They look bearable, but not great conversationalists.

They demand their own condo....:D

Someone took down the bears playing with a pin on a golf course. Sad.

Last edited:
It’s been a bit more than a week since we left Caledonia and True Blue to return to our homes, I’ve tried to take that time to reflect on those 3-4 days and how, despite the short time things have changed for me. I can tell you (if anyone is still reading), that already my buddy in South Florida and I are plotting the first golf trip he’s ever taken and which will now be my 2nd. Given that we are both past 60 is mind boggling – I had no idea how much fun a golf weekend could possibly be. Throw in great members and staff, great conversation and food the courses, etc. It’s been said many times, golfing with members is something special – if you have a chance to do it, then do not hesitate, DO IT. Then playing golf with members in a THP event or experience – well there is really nothing I can say that the live thread and the other participants did not already touch on. Not wanting to sound greedy, but I hope my future holds more opportunities to play golf in this type of event.

Jerry, Brad, Cody, James, Dan, Chris, Jeff and Josh, it was, and remains an honor having met talked with and golfed with you. I played this past Sunday, and will be playing (weather permitting again this Saturday and Sunday, and I will still enjoy and think back to the Mizuno Experience.

I have told anyone (family, neighbors, playing partners – who I have never seen before and may never see again) about the trip, the equipment, and the THP site, which I stumbled upon this past February looking to rebuild, retool and maybe improve my dwindling game – as I had basically left the sport for about 2+years due to a variety of personal issues and ailments.

Suffice it to say, my buddy (who for reasons I can’t fathom, has still not to knowledge has still not joined), and I will be playing golf sometime this year or early next late fall to early/mid-winter in GA or NC – roughly an 8 hour drive for each of us – we’ll follow some the THP principles, good food, good time on the golf course, and good company – I have not seen this guy in at least 10-15 years – our reconnecting was almost directly due to me returning to golf, and not being able to shut up about the site/equipment/members.

Thanks to you all, hope to see you again or meet your acquaintance soon. Stay well, play your best, but most importantly enjoy your time on the course – and if one of your playing partners happens to hit a ball on the green, and be miles away from the hole, lean over and quietly say, “looks like a birdie opportunity.”

Josh - if you have not decided yet how to make the next one of these better - may I (only partially in jest) suggest having 2 new teams .... that face off against the current winning team (now why would I suggest that)?

I am taking a page from @Desmond this morning. Ground chorizo cooking and then going in my eggs.

I am taking a page from @Desmond this morning. Ground chorizo cooking and then going in my eggs.

Sounds great. I'm about to get off for a while and get some chorizo going, eggs, flour tortilla, Texas salsa. Second breakfast will be around 10 am with oatmeal .... lol

This was a lot of fun.
I have an idea for 2022 and it is a good one.
Much more involved and team golfy and something GRAND....

Stay tuned.

This was a lot of fun.
I have an idea for 2022 and it is a good one.
Much more involved and team golfy and something GRAND....

Stay tuned.
Very eager to hear about this!

Hmm, was thinking more.

grand-rapids-michigan-map.jpg

With THP and Mizuno teaming up again I can guarantee it will be amazing.

I am thinking almost none stop about what iron set I will go with once these come out.. i keep thinking blades but then I think maybe the new 225 HMB…

I am thinking almost none stop about what iron set I will go with once these come out.. i keep thinking blades but then I think maybe the new 225 HMB…
I’ve assumed I’d go all 225. But I’m wondering about a mixed set with the 223s.

Any little birdies happen to know when new toys might find their way to fitting carts....?

Asking for a friend....

Any little birdies happen to know when new toys might find their way to fitting carts....?

Asking for a friend....
It will be a while

Back