The Morgan Cup: Team Hackers History & Alumni

DataDude

Snakebite X Fan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After being named Captain I got a ton of nice messages from across the forum, but one thing stuck out in the messages and that was how many members told me they always root for Team Hackers and were standing firmly behind me. Conversely there are obviously some Team Paradise folks out there who said congrats, but I hope you lose LOL! I also love tradition so I wanted to get a feel for the history of Team Hackers and also start a thread where we can share that history. I know I have only been on Team Hackers for about 36 hours now, but I would love if everyone would chime in if you are a past Team Hackers member and share some stories about your year(s) in the event and what it meant to you.

Also anyone got a link where we can put a Team Hackers Logo in our signature?

2018 MC Team Hackers alum. I could write forever about everything loved about the MC. The best part was the friendships made. Love those guys from both teams, Jose, Yags, Rachael, JB, Morgan....... I mean it was just an amazing weekend filled with amazing people. Yes the gear, swag, course, etc were out of this world. But it was the people that made it all so perfect.

Never been a member of either team but look forward to see who has been and to hearing their stories. Great thread!

I’ve never played in a MC, so I’m open to which Team to root for, I attempt to be as impartial as possible when putting previews & odds together.

A lot of THP’er that I’ve gotten to meet in person are Team Hackers for life though.
@e1iterate was on last years Hackers Team.
@Canadan was the winning Captain for Team Hackers.
@OITW was a MC MVP & Captained Team Hackers.
@KEV was on that Hackers Team that came back from the dead after day one to win the MC.

But my man @chefkritter was on a dominate version of Team Paradise.

I’m conflicted every year...

I did win Team Hackers contest last year for being closest to guess their pairings, and sometimes game this sweet Team Hackers HC...

0F045D29-34DC-4E83-A7A1-40A6F97126AF.jpeg
862C7DA2-7DDE-41E7-ADCF-F8AB7869C59E.jpeg
0B12577B-5E3D-4B01-9698-D40AFFAEA80C.jpeg

I am a proud member of Team Hackers!! Been to 2 MC's. First year I attended, was the 2nd year of the MC. Team Hackers took home the MC Trophy! I played some good golf that weekend. Played former staff member CoolBreeze and Biggsy. Wound up beating CoolBreeze by hole 14 and all squared Biggsy. Which was a huge accomplishment that sort of went unnoticed. The next year Team Hackers was invited back to defend the title. While I didn't play as well I as I did the first year. Tyno and I kicked butt at alternate shot. It was a blast and we had some TV coverage. So, This is my MC moment that everyone remembers me for...

Good Luck Captain DataDude. The Bullfrog is behind you and your team till the bitter end. When your standing there on the 18th tee on the last day. And you guys watch Team Hacker's last putt fall, you will rejoice at all the hard work and comradery your team put in. WIN or LOSE you will be proud!! But here's to TEAM HACKERS winning it all!

Last edited:
Not an alumni but love Team Hackers (bc that’s what I am!)

I was selected to Team Hackers in 2020. However, because of NY’s travel restrictions and mandatory quarantine requirements, I was unable to join my teammates in Vegas. Because of connections with @Jmk202, @H8tobogie, and @OITW, I gave it my best to follow along and root for Team Hackers.

I have an understanding of what the MC is and what it can mean for anyone who is fortunate enough to participate. I am so happy for all who get to experience this Experience including @HarlettoScara, my mate from Scotland.

I remain Team Hackers 4 Life.

I was chosen last year, and was a complete whirlwind of a time! I loved every single moment of it, and by far the best part was getting to know my Hackers boys and the whole build up to it. An absolutely phenomenal group of guys, and dudes that I would tee it up with and call my friends anytime. Sadly the travel restrictions meant that I was unable to fly because the borders were shut, but I sat and followed every shot for the entire weekend, wore my Hackers apparel and cheered the guys on. Edge of my seat the whole time.

Come this year, and I was invited back, an incredible gesture by @JB, @GolferGal and the rest of the Cobra/Puma guys and one that I will be forever humbled by. I’m really looking forward to getting to know my new team and getting the trophy back on Yags’ desk where it belongs!

I was a replacement Hacker. I hated that someone couldn't go and I got in that way but I sure appreciated getting the call. The equipment and gear is amazing but it's the people that make and sustain this event. For everyone who was in LV, it is hard to describe the feelings I have for these people. Whenever I think about the event or just the individuals, I can't help but smile. @GolferGal at THP World HQ wasn't make able to make it but she, and Rachel at CPG, took such great care of us.

@OITW was an awesome Captain. I can't imagine hope one could be any more supportive and encouraging. @Master Yagley truly made us feel like tour players. My Hackers teammates are my brothers from another. The bond we formed from August 4 on is indescribable. F'n dusty in here. I don't think a day has gone by that we aren't chatting and that makes me so happy. I can see their faces laughing, their looks while wondering WTF Parrot is talking about this time and offering support without a second thought.

There are so many memorable moments but the couple that come to mind are my match with @oumagic and hanging with my alt-shot partner @e1iterate, @jdtox and @MarMill while we were waiting on 7 tee.

This is your ship. You'll will captain it well. I'm thrilled to be able to follow along the journey with you and Team Hackers. We're here if we can help. Can't wait to see you holding the Cup with the Team!

I was a member of 2019 Team Hackers. The truth is that my game was below par that entire year. I had to kind of grit my teeth through the actual three days and had some back surgery soon after. It really took until last year to get me swing back where I expected it to be. However, a THP experience like the Morgan Cup is much more than playing golf, even though that is the focus.

To me, it is about the relationships that are established and the memories created. Team Hackers β€˜19 still group chat all the time. There is a sense of brotherhood that remains.

Some of the memories from β€˜19 include:

1. Putting together a special gift for our captain, @Canadan.
2. The ferry ride from Hilton Head over to Daufuskie Island and Haig Pointe, with all of the anticipation.
3. The great meals and all of the conversation.
4. The celebration after we won the cup.

The most fun out on the golf course was watching @OITW and Jose Miraflor going at it during Sunday singles match play. Everybody who has been around the Morgan Cup knows Jose’s skill level and my teammate was not giving an inch the entire day. At one point, he had the momentum and you could feel that it was so close to breaking his way. Man, was I proud of him.

On a personal note, I really struggled during the Saturday twosome play. I just could not get my back loosened up to make a swing. I felt so frustrated and like I was letting my team down. That night, while everybody was socializing, I stayed back in my room and treated my back for about four hours. The next day for singles play, I came out able to play a little closer to my normal play. It was sort of a personal victory.

The Morgan Cup 2019 will always remain one of my most cherished lifetime experiences. Anybody who gets to participate is beyond fortunate.

Have not ever played in the Morgan Cup, jonesing bad for a chance someday, but that is dependent on winning a contest to get in. Such a great honor for you to get a Captaincy...Well done sir, Well Done

Never played in an MC, but look forward to following along this year.

I'm sure it is fair to say there is def no loser when it is all said and done.

This is a great thread! I’ve never been in a MC myself but I’m loving reading all of this!

Team Dot Com for life!!!

I haven't had the opportunity to take part in an experience yet but I just have to say that I love how you are diving head first into this role, @DataDude

Well done, my friend. The powers that be made the right choice. πŸ‘Š

Love this thread! Cool to see people reflect on an awesome experience.

I am a proud member of Team Hackers!! Been to 2 MC's. First year I attended, was the 2nd year of the MC. Team Hackers took home the MC Trophy! I played some good golf that weekend. Played former staff member CoolBreeze and Biggsy. Wound up beating CoolBreeze by hole 14 and all squared Biggsy. Which was a huge accomplishment that sort of went unnoticed. The next year Team Hackers was invited back to defend the title. While I didn't play as well I as I did the first year. Tyno and I kicked butt at alternate shot. It was a blast and we had some TV coverage. So, This is my MC moment that everyone remembers me for...

Good Luck Captain DataDude. The Bullfrog is behind you and your team till the bitter end. When your standing there on the 18th tee on the last day. And you guys watch Team Hacker's last putt fall, you will rejoice at all the hard work and comradery your team put in. WIN or LOSE you will be proud!! But here's to TEAM HACKERS winning it all!

That video is unbelievable. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Well, I was part of the 2018 MC and took a beat down on Sunday vs. my man @Jimmy3864.... never could someone be soooo nice and gracious delivering a whooping like I took on Sunday.... played well early but swing was off the rails around hole 6 and couldn't adjust.... it was over by hole 13 or 14. Oh, and there was this from Saturday.... kept it off the driving range but not by much...
So many great memories and so many great teammates and competitors, people I still call friend, thanks to MC!

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20180519%2F84ffe658a89bf7009f5cfd815f42e07e.jpg&hash=6022cdc86b4416755673b28eafa6eab3

Wait till I post a pic of the limited edition MC belt buckle... I think there are 8 of us with them...

Although I have not had the pleasure, following along the last few years has been terrific and fun to see all the great posts by everyone involved. It truly is an event that all THPers look forward to each year.

Wait till I post a pic of the limited edition MC belt buckle... I think there are 8 of us with them...
That sounds like a really cool piece of THP memorabilia.

This is a cool thread. I was an original member (we don't really differentiate) of the 2020 team hackers. I think I was the second to last member announced and it was an absolute highlight of the year! We had to pick which team to apply for and I picked team hackers mostly because I'm a 'hacker', and Canadan seemed like fun online personality and someone I'd really enjoy playing with. Nothing against JDtox for TP, but really glad I joined team hackers. 2020 proved to be a very difficult year and made for an awkward MC, but in the end I think it worked out pretty well, and we were able to provide good entertainment for many of you that weekend!

I went OL in my irons and I STRONGLY recommend most of your team considers it, when else are you getting a FREE chance to try OL! I know most of my teammates in retrospect wish they would have tried OL.

You and your team are going to have a hell of a year of equipment, reviews, good natured smack talk, and then competition golf. I'm looking forward to watching you bring home the cup, and if you need support or want to talk through anything please let me know most of the 2020 team will be happy to help any way we can!

ed6d16a940980467304366218f921940.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7b478917934e80135cb63c4506d2920d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back