The Morgan Cup: Team Hackers History & Alumni

2018 TEAM HACKERS......Alum here. Im not going to go all in on every single memory i have from this event that weekend. Its just too much to encapsulate within one post. Just know that weekend changed my entire golf outlook personally and redirected my THP engagement for the better. Throw in all the tears and emotions from the last day between both Captains and their teams and months ensuing afterwards.......Its really not something words can do justice to try and make others understand. I played singles vs @jdtox .....got wooped. We didnt even care. Id pay for some retribution in the name of Puttin4Bird though. Just a hell of a weekend. This event means so much to so many people on here. Everyones watching and rooting both teams on. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Talk to the people that have been there before like youre doing. Its more emotional than you might expect it to be for a number of us. This event alone I got to meet some of my best THP buds. You know who you are.

I enjoyed the heck out of my experience on Team Hackers when The Morgan Cup returned in 2017. Unfortunately much of the team is no longer around but I enjoyed hanging out with the guys from Team Paradise and had a fantastic time golfing with my teammate @tomcat on our first day. I can't remember what the score was after day 1 but we were down pretty deep and were able to come back to win the title. That last night was probably some of the hardest laughing I've done in my life and I was very lucky to get to spend the trip down to Tulsa and back with Puttin4bird.

Member of the 2014 Team Hackers in Myrtle Beach for the Big One - 5 teams & 5 OEM's at one place. Crazy weekend. Guys that were apart of that team and that are still around were @Johnny mojo @Paladin @adwillingham & @Jeff Spicoli

How times flies.

Welcome to the Team Hackers family DataDude!!

I was fortunate enough to be a two time Hacker.

The first time in the inaugural Morgan Cup back in 2011 at Reunion Resort outside of Orlando. That year there were two teams of eight guys, the original Team Hackers and Team Paradise. I think I am the last occasional poster from that Team Hackers group. Team Paradise got us good that week, but it was an amazing experience...even getting whacked my my friend @ddec in singles play.

My second Team Hackers experience was even more special as I got to captain the team in the 2014 Morgan Cup held at True Blue and Caledonia in Pawley’s Island, SC. As Nate said, there are a few of us still here from that team, and those are definitely brothers of mine that I don’t get to see often enough but is always special when I do. While we didn’t win the five team competition, I think we finished 3rd on points but won a decent amount of matches. While captain ship and leadership is not really my thing, we had a lot of fun and some big characters that year.

As is always the case on THP, things get better and better as years go on, so these events were certainly different than what the Morgan Cup has become, but I know the experience will be beyond your wildest dreams just as mine were in the past. I know you will do a great job and the historical members of Team Hackers will be behind you all all the way.

Hopeful to one day call myself an alum of this amazing event, but until then I'll keep enjoying these stories and memories you guys keep sharing! Great stuff!!

Love hearing these stories and memories from previous years!

I’ve not had the chance to attend a MC, so no allegiances here... yet!

I enjoyed the heck out of my experience on Team Hackers when The Morgan Cup returned in 2017. Unfortunately much of the team is no longer around but I enjoyed hanging out with the guys from Team Paradise and had a fantastic time golfing with my teammate @tomcat on our first day. I can't remember what the score was after day 1 but we were down pretty deep and were able to come back to win the title. That last night was probably some of the hardest laughing I've done in my life and I was very lucky to get to spend the trip down to Tulsa and back with Puttin4bird.

I think I still have our scorecard (I have one of the two days). I'll check when I get home from work.

I can't remember what the score was after day 1 but we were down pretty deep and were able to come back to win the title.

Just checked and Paradise was ahead 4.5 to 3.5 after day one. Final was 14.5 to 9.5.

I'm still around, just with a different user name (JManni62 = Roadrunner)! lol

As much as I love golfing with my AZ THP compadres, it will be hard to top my experience at the 2017 Morgan Cup! From the first night at Flying Tee to the boozefest finale mentioned by @KEV, it was simply a blast! Oh, and there was golf: watching @hunter57 hit a spectacular shot to the 18th green at Patriot Club to halve our match with Team Paradise was pretty sweet, but seeing Team Hackers come back in Sunday singles to win the MC was awesome! I hope I get a chance to be on Team Hackers again!!

Also found this video that @X.Man had posted in the live thread. It's a good look at how Mike and Jose jab each other. Lots of fun!

2017MC

Also found this video that @X.Man had posted in the live thread. It's a good look at how Mike and Jose jab each other. Lots of fun!

2017MC

This is awesome! They are 2 of the most down to earth and fun people I’ve have come across in the industry, and I owe a big thanks to THP for that! For sure!

2017MC
That's great. Thank you so much for digging that up. That was the year before I joined the forum so I hadn't even seen anything from that year.

Back