The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Official MC Thread – This is a place to speak about the courses, the matchups, the sponsors and everything else as a whole. Its not a place for banter or for trash talk, but a place for everybody to engage the rest of the forum or answer questions.

You can find all the details to the 2nd Morgan Cup right here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15122

Team THP
Captain - JB - :cleveland:
Coolbreeze - :callaway:
Smallville - :callaway:
Puttin4Bird - :bridgestone:
Hawk - :cleveland:
Hanks - :callaway:
Yoccos - :bridgestone:
TC - :cleveland:

Team Hackers
Captain - Chunkylover77 :callaway:
dhjkelly - :callaway:
One-T - :bridgestone:
INgolfer - :callaway:
bullfrog - :bridgestone:
Yorkem - :cleveland:
mcook - :bridgestone:
tnolan - :cleveland:

Team Paradise
Captain - ddec - :bridgestone:
Howzat - :bridgestone:
ghsace - :callaway:
arydolphin - :cleveland:
biggsy - :cleveland:
TripleBogieTim - :callaway:
SW - :cleveland:
sethO - :bridgestone:

I am wanting to try to make a trip to play both of these courses. I am thinking that the 4 other NC members of the MC should plan a trip. I believe I will be the only Paradise representative.

Looking forward to the announcement of the matchups. Is that going to be announced down the road a bit or should we expect it early?

Looking forward to the announcement of the matchups. Is that going to be announced down the road a bit or should we expect it early?

Good question Smalls. I have a feeling it will be later down the road. Maybe as people settle into their games closer to the event. I don't know though.

Good question Smalls. I have a feeling it will be later down the road. Maybe as people settle into their games closer to the event. I don't know though.
I'm hoping it's a little later too. Hope this is one of the last announcements.

I am wanting to try to make a trip to play both of these courses. I am thinking that the 4 other NC members of the MC should plan a trip. I believe I will be the only Paradise representative.

Ahem...my home isn't far from there and I won't leave you hanging.
I was telling a co-worker about the MC this morning, the look in their eyes was just amazing. I'm still a little in disbelief myself, and it got very real with GG's message this morning.

--
tapatalk

I'm hoping it's a little later too. Hope this is one of the last announcements.

I think it will be. IIRC from last year, the matchups weren't released until after the Outing.

Like Seth0, I'd like to get down to Caledonia and True Blue sometime before the Morgan Cup, I'm sure my dad would be willing to meet me there for a couple of rounds.

Even though I didn't get in, I still have these courses on my life list to play. I would love to join the NC group for a practice round or two there.

Ahem...my home isn't far from there and I won't leave you hanging.
I was telling a co-worker about the MC this morning, the look in their eyes was just amazing. I'm still a little in disbelief myself, and it got very real with GG's message this morning.

--
tapatalk

I think it will be. IIRC from last year, the matchups weren't released until after the Outing.

Like Seth0, I'd like to get down to Caledonia and True Blue sometime before the Morgan Cup, I'm sure my dad would be willing to meet me there for a couple of rounds.

I believe we should get this organized. It would be great to report back to our teams who might not have a chance to see it until a couple days before the MC. I am probably going to take my iPad and keyboard with me to take notes on the round.

Even though I didn't get in, I still have these courses on my life list to play. I would love to join the NC group for a practice round or two there.

Absolutely! I think any THPer who can make it would be awesome to have! Of course I would love to have my main golfing buddy there too.

The courses look fantastic, and I will definitely be up for a spring trip down to play them and report back. To those being sponsored by Cleveland/Srixon (and everyone else for that matter), what direction do you think they will go with putters?

The courses look fantastic, and I will definitely be up for a spring trip down to play them and report back. To those being sponsored by Cleveland/Srixon (and everyone else for that matter), what direction do you think they will go with putters?

I sure hope you guys hit the courses and can give some pics and vids. It would be really appreciated!

As for SRI putters, I like to think they will go with the NC's!

I sure hope you guys hit the courses and can give some pics and vids. It would be really appreciated!

I will certainly do my best to get video and or photos from every hole and report back for everyone. NC putters would be awesome, but so would the Cleveland Classic Black Platinum line. Have you checked those out?

Now that everything is finalized, this event is more real than ever! The sponsors are all wonderful companies and the courses look great! I'm so excited for things to continue with this!

And if they dont go with the NC putters I think the Cleveland putters are some of the most underrated putters on the market.

I will certainly do my best to get video and or photos from every hole and report back for everyone. NC putters would be awesome, but so would the Cleveland Classic Black Platinum line. Have you checked those out?

And if they dont go with the NC putters I think the Cleveland putters are some of the most underrated putters on the market.

I've spent a ton of time checking them all out and have a couple choices from each line. I actually have the CC #3 and would have no problem gaming the Black version. It's a nice stick! My reasoning behind the NC line is more selfish than anything. They have a style that is almost an exact match to what I'm gaming and comfortable with right now. Plus, I can put my name on it!

I've spent a ton of time checking them all out and have a couple choices from each line. I actually have the CC #3 and would have no problem gaming the Black version. It's a nice stick! My reasoning behind the NC line is more selfish than anything. They have a style that is almost an exact match to what I'm gaming and comfortable with right now. Plus, I can put my name on it!

with you 110% on that one Hawk.
i currently own an NC putter and have been drooling over the latest line of NC's ever since they came out.
i want one sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

I'll gladly play whatever they decide is best, but the NC lines are something special.

Just curious here, but any of you having a tough time sleeping at this point? Those course's are looking tough, but sweet. Again, congrats to all of you!

Just curious here, but any of you having a tough time sleeping at this point? Those course's are looking tough, but sweet. Again, congrats to all of you!

Me, but not from nervousness. I literally dream pondered much of last night. I can't stop it.

Me, but not from nervousness. I literally dream pondered much of last night. I can't stop it.

I can see that, lots to ponder.

I can see that, lots to ponder.

It's one of those things you don't want to screw up! That's really where I'm at more than anything. I just want to make sure to pick the best bag to help me play as well as possible. Seems silly, but there's a lot of pressure in the picking!

No issues going to sleep last night but when the wife's alarm went off at 3 this morning I could not go back to sleep as I immediately started pondering everything and then wanted to check and see what I missed on THP while sleeping.

Didn't get to bed until 1am last night...but Hawk and Cookie are right. Every waking moment is spent pondering....
I'm sure there will be many bad dreams ahead of forgetting clubs, showing up naked, pulling a Jim Furyk and not showing up to the event on time, etc...
Lots of pressure and hard work to put in between then and now...but at the end, lots of fun to be had.

It's one of those things you don't want to screw up! That's really where I'm at more than anything. I just want to make sure to pick the best bag to help me play as well as possible. Seems silly, but there's a lot of pressure in the picking!

Not silly at all, I'd be flipping out over all the choices and the pressure to find the right fit.

No issues going to sleep last night but when the wife's alarm went off at 3 this morning I could not go back to sleep as I immediately started pondering everything and then wanted to check and see what I missed on THP while sleeping.

Lol, you might have been pretty worn out by bed time last night. I didn't sleep a wink just thinking about all of you, I was jumping around all the company sites pondering myself, haha

Back