The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

I need some advice on travel bags for the staff bags. Anyone have any thoughts on that for those of us who are flying? Hard case is a must?

I won't be needing my travel bag for the MC since I am driving. I got a cheap one to use for the outing in which I'm gonna ship them a few days ahead. So the cheap one will work fine for that. My MC bag will be seat belted in for the drive down to MB. To keep it safer! Lol

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

With all of the coverage and pictures from the PGA Show this past week I know it has me thinking more and more about MC 2.0. Hard to believe that 6 months from today we will all be going home, Team Paradise victorious and the others well hopefully they travel safe. THP's coverage gave us a glimpse of what will be coming to Pawleys Island in July. Top notch equipment and some really great apparel. I have a feeling things will start ramping up around here shortly.

With all of the coverage and pictures from the PGA Show this past week I know it has me thinking more and more about MC 2.0. Hard to believe that 6 months from today we will all be going home, Team Paradise victorious and the others well hopefully they travel safe. THP's coverage gave us a glimpse of what will be coming to Pawleys Island in July. Top notch equipment and some really great apparel. I have a feeling things will start ramping up around here shortly.

Well said....for the most part.

The excellent coverage of the PGA show and seeing all of the Bridgestone equipment really had me thinking about this a TON this morning. Not to mention getting a taste of the J40's by getting to play a J38 yesterday and hitting some great shots made me think of executing those shots in July.

When I was playing yesterday on dead TX hardpan all I could think of is I won't see a lie like this in July! :)

All three sponsors were definitely represented well at the PGA Show and we've seen some great coverage so far. This is literally on my mind almost all day. I woke up thinking about the picture of the 588 wedge and shaft choice in the Classic driver. I can't wait to tee it up and have some fun too.

It is going to be here before we know it! I have recently been thinking about it almost being February so that means Spring is right around the corner and we will start having some more mild weather coming up soon. I can't wait to start putting in more practice time!

All three sponsors were definitely represented well at the PGA Show and we've seen some great coverage so far. This is literally on my mind almost all day. I woke up thinking about the picture of the 588 wedge and shaft choice in the Classic driver. I can't wait to tee it up and have some fun too.

I am really hoping someplace local gets some of the CG drivers in LH so I can try them out and really see what I want instead of guessing.

excellent PGA show coverage indeed. lots of good eye candy from all 3 MC2 sponsors, pics and vids. gets ya all pumped up to do some pondering and receiving of weapons!
i'm more excited than ever to come home every day, knowing that pretty soon i'll have some custom wedges waiting for me!!!!

I'm starting to think I might drive to the Morgan Cup so I can drive across America and see some sites. I just mapquested it and it looks like a cool drive and could easily be done in three days. I will probably end up flying but I love the idea of it anyway, it would be great if I could drive there and fly back.

I'm starting to think I might drive to the Morgan Cup so I can drive across America and see some sites. I just mapquested it and it looks like a cool drive and could easily be done in three days. I will probably end up flying but I love the idea of it anyway, it would be great if I could drive there and fly back.

Rental car with unlimited miles on the rental?

Rental car with unlimited miles on the rental?
Thats not a bad idea, I might look into it. Plus the route would take me through South Dakota and KC so I could see P4B and Smalls in their native habitats.

Plus you could just crash at different THPers' houses. A generous bunch of folk around here.

I dont think it can be done in 3 days while seeing sights though...

Thats not a bad idea, I might look into it. Plus the route would take me through South Dakota and KC so I could see P4B and Smalls in their native habitats.
See me nothing...pick me up! That would be a heck of a good road trip there.

Then why not camper van it and pick them up on your way. save a bit on cost of fuel ??

Plus you could just crash at different THPers' houses. A generous bunch of folk around here.

I dont think it can be done in 3 days while seeing sights though...
I wouldn't be stopping to see sights, just look at the different areas of america as I drove, I like driving.

See me nothing...pick me up! That would be a heck of a good road trip there.
BAM!!!! This idea just got awesome!

I wouldn't be stopping to see sights, just look at the different areas of america as I drove, I like driving.

BAM!!!! This idea just got awesome!
I hear ya dude. Right now I'm looking at something close to $500+ for plane tickets, road tripping it would be cheaper I'd think. Especially if we had a halfway fuel economic vehicle. Know anyone that can give you a Prius or something?

I hear ya dude. Right now I'm looking at something close to $500+ for plane tickets, road tripping it would be cheaper I'd think. Especially if we had a halfway fuel economic vehicle. Know anyone that can give you a Prius or something?
I can get my hands on a pretty cheap gas vehicle. I like this idea and I think it would be a lot cheaper than flying.

If any MC participants are flying to Charlotte, you will be more than welcome to crash at my place.

I can get my hands on a pretty cheap gas vehicle. I like this idea and I think it would be a lot cheaper than flying.

I wouldnt think so, unless you did it round trip. the expensive part of renting a vehicle is when you drop it off at t different location than where you rented it from.

Dude....you and me riding shotgun across the country listening to Backspin on XM radio. Picking up hitch hikers along the way. Hell yes, I'm in!

164040__dumb_dl.jpg

We'll have to check it out for sure, flying 1 way is usually somewhat spendy too isn't it?

I think if i was picking up the handsome bird man then I would drive back too. We would be rocking out and car dancing our way to victory at the Morgan Cup.

I think if i was picking up the handsome bird man then I would drive back too. We would be rocking out and car dancing our way to victory at the Morgan Cup.
We could mount the cup as a hood ornament on our way home too.

Round trip would probably make the most sense $ wise but time wise it's turning it into a pretty long trip. I still love the idea.

"Got room for 1 more if you still wanna go to Aspen"

We could mount the cup as a hood ornament on our way home too.

Round trip would probably make the most sense $ wise but time wise it's turning it into a pretty long trip. I still love the idea.

"Got room for 1 more if you still wanna go to Aspen"
True, it would take some time, I'm going to start looking into one way flights and what the car rental would be ect.... The most fun if you looked at the route is we could pick up Smalls and Hawk and have an epic roady.

True, it would take some time, I'm going to start looking into one way flights and what the car rental would be ect.... The most fun if you looked at the route is we could pick up Smalls and Hawk and have an epic roady.
I definitely have the PTO time so I'm all for it. I show it's about 24 hours from my place to Myrtle Beach. I think Smalls already has his plane tickets but I bet we could pick up Hawk. Come rolling up laying on the horn, he couldn't possibly refuse!

Back