The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

According to Captn Golf, this is just a start. Expect rates to go up rather quickly over the next month or so.

Especially since MYB is such a small airport. With the limited number of seats available to MYB (compared to larger destination cities like Orlando, ATL, etc), as seats get taken, the cost of remaining seats will go up quickly.

I'm really debating on driving down. May stay around Casa de ChubbyLover on Weds night and then caravan down Thursday AM.

wow, your flying....how you gonna pack the equipment?

All what equipment? We have my set of clubs that will go in my travel bag.
The cameras and computers and signage will be shipped ahead of time.

There really is not a large amount of stuff to bring down.

I could only picture you guys flying in with the amount of stuff we picked up from THP HQ last time.

I'm really debating on driving down. May stay around Casa de ChubbyLover on Weds night and then caravan down Thursday AM.

Man, that makes my SE Tennessee to Orlando drives look short...with them saying gas will be $4/gal easy you may spend about as much on gas as you would on airfae.

makes sense, I didnt have to fool with all of it so I just assumed it was more of a nightmare. But, now thinking back, I helped Morgan pack the trunk of her car after the event.

Man, that makes my SE Tennessee to Orlando drives look short...with them saying gas will be $4/gal easy you may spend about as much on gas as you would on airfae.

Part of it is, that week we are usually on vacation with the family. So I'll already have driven down to Ocean City. So I could either have someone drop me off at Philly and fly from there and then rent a car at MB, and then fly home to ALB, or drive back and forth. As of now Nerfny is coming so it be 2 round trip flights vs 1 car ride. Not sure yet, but we are leaning towards driving.

Southwest doesn't even fly into MB, I have thought about driving, but it's 22 hours from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southwest doesn't even fly into MB, I have thought about driving, but it's 22 hours from here

yeah that's a liitle much haha

Finally got my confirmations from my family, and i am so excited they are supporting me through all of this. They have been asking me questions about the MC non-stop and they are excited to come watch! I have 5 family members coming with me. My parents, wife, and brother are all riding down with me late wednesday, and we will arrive Thursday morning and I will get some practice rounds in on Thursday. My grandma is also coming up from Sarasota, so I am super excited for that. My grandma used to play a lot of golf so she thinks this is awesome too. I am just excited to have my family there so they can share in this amazing experience with me and get to know all of you.

This is awesome news, it's great to have your family there to support you. It was great in the first MC for my family to be there. I'm hoping that True Blue and Caledonia will provide carts for family member and other spectators like Reunion did last year.

No, but other airlines look at what they do with prices and follow their lead.

Delta flies from PHL to LaGuardia to MB

Part of it is, that week we are usually on vacation with the family. So I'll already have driven down to Ocean City. So I could either have someone drop me off at Philly and fly from there and then rent a car at MB, and then fly home to ALB, or drive back and forth. As of now Nerfny is coming so it be 2 round trip flights vs 1 car ride. Not sure yet, but we are leaning towards driving.

Great to hear that your family supporting you like that INgolfer!

I'm almost finished booking my Flight into Ashvegas for that Tuesday night! Gonna ride down with TC to MB. I don't know if One T will be in town, I hope he is too.

I'm almost finished booking my Flight into Ashvegas for that Tuesday night! Gonna ride down with TC to MB. I don't know if One T will be in town, I hope he is too.
Now thats a handsome car ride I could get into.

yeah that's a liitle much haha

Thought about doing it in 2 days....but with hotel and meals and gas it's just as cheap to fly

Finally got my confirmations from my family, and i am so excited they are supporting me through all of this. They have been asking me questions about the MC non-stop and they are excited to come watch! I have 5 family members coming with me. My parents, wife, and brother are all riding down with me late wednesday, and we will arrive Thursday morning and I will get some practice rounds in on Thursday. My grandma is also coming up from Sarasota, so I am super excited for that. My grandma used to play a lot of golf so she thinks this is awesome too. I am just excited to have my family there so they can share in this amazing experience with me and get to know all of you.

That's awesome IN! I am still holding out hope that my wife will be able to make it, and will book it just in case she can, but, it will be tough.

Man maybe I should detour into the Ashvegas area. We could get our golf on

That is like 4 hours in the wrong direction bro.

thank god someone in that company knows how to read a map...4 hours the wrong way? That's crazy chubby talk right there

Haha who needs a map?!

thank god someone in that company knows how to read a map...4 hours the wrong way? That's crazy chubby talk right there

I don't see tacking an extra 8 hours onto the drive, but that's just me.

Back