The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what Biggsy is gonna think when his hand picked team of choice loses. It's gonna be a crushing to morale.
You are going to have to play your best to find out...I know you don't have it in you. I also know you are outclassed in this online debate as well and your partner will be no where to defend you as we hash this out...he's stuck in his garage polishing and licking his buttery soft irons driving his intensity level up to volcanic proportions. Kinda like what I expect in our match as well.

Man thread is quite this morning, 4th of july I guess. Normally when this PST fella gets out of bed and gets to work there is 4-5 pages to catch up on from the EST'ers. Anyway happy 4th of July my American brothers and sisters. Be safe out there, and hopefully you can get out there and work on your games. I know I am.
Thanks CB, same to you!

You are going to have to play your best to find out...I know you don't have it in you. I also know you are outclassed in this online debate as well and your partner will be no where to defend you as we hash this out...he's stuck in his garage polishing and licking his buttery soft irons driving his intensity level up to volcanic proportions. Kinda like what I expect in our match as well.

I don't need him here to defend me. The simple fact is, playing from the distance we are the short game is gonna be much more important than your preconceived distance advantage, which in all honesty probably doesn't even exist. There is no doubt we will have to be at our best, and I know it will be a tough match. However , that being said , from everything I've gathered throughout my time here I would take our short games over your "distance" any day, and that my friend will win us this match.

Not once have I said that openly. But like every member of your team, we've discussed him. We've broken down every player. AHA will be a tough point, but his intensity will get the best of him. We never did hear how he did against the defending club champ in match play...

I just finished my 2nd round match...probably won't play the next one for a few weeks.

Nope, I rechecked, never a word about playing the defending club champ in match play. Then again, I'm sure they haven't played yet.

This is the last mention of the Match Play results.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-a-Tour-Player&p=735154&viewfull=1#post735154

See above.

I fully expect JRod to bring his A game for this match. As for my alleged intensity that you keep referring too, I'm not sure you remember playing golf with me. Focused, sure...competitive, yep...intense...eh, just enough to stay calm on the course and hit the necessary shots to post good scores. In fact, maybe you should try some of that...the good shots and good scores, not the intensity.

I really don't think length is going to be important at all in this match. It's going to be who hits greens and makes putts.

I did in fact just clean up my BEAUTIFUL Callaway Razr X Forged irons that my top notch sponsor was kind enough to provide for this once in a lifetime event, thanks for asking. Also, I'm curious what irons you'll be playing for the Morgan Cup? I have a funny feeling that they will be forged as well. TM MC's perhaps? I believe they are also a "forged musclecavity-blade." See TM website. Pot, meet kettle. Just because the Razr X Forged irons look good, don't have a fancy weight port or carbon fiber details, doesn't mean they're less forgiving. Performance over paint (and bolts, useless details, etc.).

I really don't think length is going to be important at all in this match. It's going to be who hits greens and makes putts.

Agreed, studying the course its short but extremely difficult. The undulation on the greens is gonna be pretty brutal on a guy who has a hard time not three putting on dinner plates.

I did in fact just clean up my BEAUTIFUL Callaway Razr X Forged irons that my top notch sponsor was kind enough to provide for this once in a lifetime event, thanks for asking. Also, I'm curious what irons you'll be playing for the Morgan Cup? I have a funny feeling that they will be forged as well. TM MC's perhaps? I believe they are also a "forged musclecavity-blade." See TM website. Pot, meet kettle. Just because the Razr X Forged irons look good, don't have a fancy weight port or carbon fiber details, doesn't mean they're less forgiving. Performance over paint (and bolts, useless details, etc.).

AHA, feeling frisky this morning I like it. I think you EST guys have been drinking a little so far today, but I like it.

I think they sponsors might have a little interest in this matchup as well. Can't wait to make them proud.

Performance over paint!

I just finished my 2nd round match...probably won't play the next one for a few weeks.

See above.

I fully expect JRod to bring his A game for this match. As for my alleged intensity that you keep referring too, I'm not sure you remember playing golf with me. Focused, sure...competitive, yep...intense...eh, just enough to stay calm on the course and hit the necessary shots to post good scores. In fact, maybe you should try some of that...the good shots and good scores, not the intensity.

Glad to see you are awake!

Doesn't it always? Between Belbin and I, we hit plenty of greens. Easier to do with shorter clubs in our hands.

Settle down there buddy, we know you love the Razrs! Proof is in the sales I guess. :alien:

We aren't sure, but whether it be the forged series or 2.0's or something pre-release, I'll be thrilled to continue representing this great company!

Settle down there buddy, we know you love the Razrs! Proof is in the sales I guess. :alien:

We aren't sure, but whether it be the forged series or 2.0's or something pre-release, I'll be thrilled to continue representing this great company!

I agree, whatever TM sends us it will be great I am sure.

Oh and Biggsy is right, we both hit plenty of GIRs. I am hovering around 55% for the season right now. Putting on the other hand...;)

Tappin the keg!

Doesn't it always? Between Belbin and I, we hit plenty of greens. Easier to do with shorter clubs in our hands.

Doesn't it always? I dont think so.

On an unrelated note, I hope nobody needs this.

Can't wait to hear JB's response to this. As we all know, sales = quality + performance. **sarcasm** As for your irons, you might want to hold off on bashing forged irons until your sponsor provides you with (and you select) something. Aren't they pushing "forged for everyone" or something like that?

Who's up for ripping on the other sponsors' offerings?

Kevin

Can't wait to hear JB's response to this. As we all know, sales = quality + performance. **sarcasm** As for your irons, you might want to hold off on bashing forged irons until your sponsor provides you with (and you select) something. Aren't they pushing "forged for everyone" or something like that?

Sales mean nothing in terms of quality to the individual.

I agree. That's what I feel is happening regarding my Razr X Forged irons. Everyone seems to think/presume that they're unforgiving, etc. I'd be the first to admit that TM makes great products and I've had plenty of their stuff in my bag over the years. I just find it amusing that everyone is mocking forged irons when most of the 2011 line from their own sponsor (TM) is also forged.

Kevin

You also like women's tennis.

How can anyone not like women's tennis biggsy? Wimbledon, white outfits, the shiznit buddy.

Sales mean nothing in terms of quality to the individual.

+1

I feel like in golf more than almost any sport different strokes for different strokes really applies. For example, when I played baseball our team got sponsored by Nike and I had been swinging Easton almost my whole life, but changing my bat didn't really effect me too much, whereas if someone came up and handed me a club I would need to make sure so many things were to my liking (length, lie, flex, etc.)

I agree. That's what I feel is happening regarding my Razr X Forged irons. Everyone seems to think/presume that they're unforgiving, etc. I'd be the first to admit that TM makes great products and I've had plenty of their stuff in my bag over the years. I just find it amusing that everyone is mocking forged irons when most of the 2011 line from their own sponsor (TM) is also forged.

It's happened from your team, too.

Kevin

Doesn't it always? I dont think so.

On an unrelated note, I hope nobody needs this.

Thank god it's match play.

I'm not bashing. Simply poking fun of you, lighten up. This is the intensity we've all come to know and love!

Did you notice the :alien: emoticon?

Not sure what they are pushing.

Kevin
yeah, no kidding.

I am happy that you're in this thread and are so interested in the competition. However, I read the bolded part and could only think of this:

So you're playing a part? Why should you have to play a part, just be yourself. It's silly if people try to act like one thing when they're not that in reality, sounds like what internet golfers in other places do, not on here.

I also like the Bomb Squad name. The nice part about them playing together is that they can talk similarly about what clubs and types of shots to hit from the same distances. Example: "You like a cut 8-iron from 175? Me too!"

I wonder if Taylormade will let us hook these up to the driver headcovers for biggsy and belbin:

EBrbf02.jpg

OK...that was funny!

Really...you must of missed the barrage of videos me and my team fired out last week. You should go check this thread out. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Morgan-Cup-Pre-Event-Videos&highlight=morgan

You obviously don't understand how a Captaincy works. I make the call representing my team, it's a team decision. Not everybody is going to agree on the same thing. I think we paired the teams to make the best and most compelling matches from top to bottom. I spent a good 8 hours working on match-ups before our conference call for the scramble match-ups and not once did I have myself paired with Belbin in the scramble. I bombarded my team for their input on the match-ups. I went through their scores and individual stats, there was a lot of effort that went into it. It just worked out that way because of the handicap gaps and trying to make match-ups balanced. We were also two Taylormade staffers paired against two Callaway staffers, adding a little more drama to it.

I take it you've never played the Watson course. Especially at the yardage we are playing, length DOESN'T matter. I would have liked to have seen the course longer, but that wasn't my call I respect their decision to play where we are playing. In the end, we'll make a good pairing and AHA and Jrod are going to have their work cut out for them.

ddec and ary are playing together before the event, making them a perfect pairing. I always knew I was going to have P4B playing with One-T in at least one match and I think Esox is the perfect mentor for young Yoccos. Plus, who doesn't want to see a Bears fan and Packers fan getting together! These teams and pairings balanced out well with the pairings from Hackers.

Thanks for tuning in!

You also like women's tennis.

It's about so much more than competitive edge. Our team comes in with a lower handicap and we are the stronger team, it's already a competitive edge.

Nothing like disheartening two of their best players in the first two matches.

Correct, at some point I wanted to play with Ryan, I thought it would make a strong team. I originally had it in the Best Ball against TC and AHA. It worked out to be in the scramble.

Thank you for your support!

Excellent reply Biggsy. Thanks for providing a little insight, but length will always matter. Even if it means you and Belbin are teeing off with a hybrid instead of a driver. Wouldn't that be a more accurate club? Then if you are in the fairway at the same spot as others who used a driver to get there and you are both hitting 9-irons in and the opposition is hitting a 6-iron, who is going to be more accurate and hit more greens?

This kind of proves my point, doesn't it?

I am not saying it won't work out for you, just that I would have split you two up, and that to me that would give you an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back