The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting into the sponsors debate here, both companies are the best in the game, Taylormade with the slight edge of course! I think I'm going to slip ooout for a roound of golf today. Too nice a day to be indoors at work, plus I'd just be sitting around wondering when my box of wonderful wedges will show up.

I totally understand your point. I think everyone in this event has quickly developed a strong allegiance/loyalty/passion for their respective sponsor and speaking out for them (and sometimes against the competition) is part of it. There is a reason that lots of golf commercials and golf marketing include comparisons with competitor's products.

It's happened from your team, too.

Kevin

I agree. That's what I feel is happening regarding my Razr X Forged irons. Everyone seems to think/presume that they're unforgiving, etc. I'd be the first to admit that TM makes great products and I've had plenty of their stuff in my bag over the years. I just find it amusing that everyone is mocking forged irons when most of the 2011 line from their own sponsor (TM) is also forged.

I don't think they are unforgiving and all the Callaway staffers seem to be happy with their choices. I'm glad. We're all winners when it comes to equipment and these two great companies.

Couldn't agree more. We are all lucky, both companies are amazing and I'm sure we'll all have the tools to take our game to the next level thanks to this unique event.

I don't think they are unforgiving and all the Callaway staffers seem to be happy with their choices. I'm glad. We're all winners when it comes to equipment and these two great companies.

I am not saying it won't work out for you, just that I would have split you two up, and that to me that would give you an advantage.
1000 ways to pair these teams up, trust me I tried. That's why we play the game. Hopefully everyone is entertained!

Indeed. I respect both of these companies, and what they are doing for THP.

Ok, enough morning bickering for me. I'm off to the course to put in a few solid hours of practice. Happy 4th of July everyone!

46 days until the Morgan Cup!

Erin Hills tee time at 2:15. Walking with a caddie. High of 84*, reasonable humidity. Looking to play from 6,700 yards, but may go up to 6,400. From 6,700 there are four par 4s over 400. The par 3s are pretty reasonable. Par 5s are long as hell with a 620 yarder as the last. Really wish i was going into this round hitting the ball better with my irons than I have the last several rounds. We typically do a parade and other family stuff on the 4th, but I sent the females off to do that stuff themselves. Plan to get to the course nice and early to try and get the iron swing tweaked a bit on the range. I'm going in pretty confident with how the new Eggs are performing, and my short game has been solid.

Fees are more than I typically care to drop on a round of golf, so I hope to play well enough where I don't feel like I tossed the dough into the wind.

Kevin

Kevin

Erin Hills tee time at 2:15. Walking with a caddie. High of 84*, reasonable humidity. Looking to play from 6,700 yards, but may go up to 6,400. From 6,700 there are four par 4s over 400. The par 3s are pretty reasonable. Par 5s are long as hell with a 620 yarder as the last. Really wish i was going into this round hitting the ball better with my irons than I have the last several rounds. We typically do a parade and other family stuff on the 4th, but I sent the females off to do that stuff themselves. Plan to get to the course nice and early to try and get the iron swing tweaked a bit on the range. I'm going in pretty confident with how the new Eggs are performing, and my short game has been solid.

Fees are more than I typically care to drop on a round of golf, so I hope to play well enough where I don't feel like I tossed the dough into the wind.

Kevin

Kevin

Play well, and most importantly enjoy your day off!

Good luck out there Kevin. I've never played with a Caddy before, I think that would be fun.

Kevin

Kevin
Have fun Kevin...it's great getting local knowledge from a caddy. Don't be afraid to trust your own reads on the green, they aren't always right.

Sure was nice to see some other members of Team Hackers get involved with those silly Paradisians. Way to go AHA, you bring it when you want to brother.

I don't remember anyone bashing anyone else's clubs at all. Those Paradisian's are just a sensitive bunch.

Todays rehab assignment was Downingtown CC in Downingtown PA which is very close to my work. Played the blue tees which is par 70/128 and playing at 6200 yards. The greens were very fast and not one flat one on the whole course. No driving range which I find as annoying as all the walkers and gnats at this place. So basically I warmed/lost balls for the front 9 and then played a little better on the back. First time ever playing this course too. Pretty much played double bogey golf on the front and lost a ton of balls, had 19 putts and fought a nasty hook. Shot an "other". On the back things were a little better, 16 putts, mixed in a couple pars with the bogeys and two doubles. The finishing hole was a par 5 playing 536 yards with a nasty sloping green that I managed to par. That made for a nice end to the round as I managed a 44 on the back. Lots of work to do on the game in the next couple weeks.

solid back 9 man....that course is a tough one and to par the last hole is really something....

Todays rehab assignment was Downingtown CC in Downingtown PA which is very close to my work. Played the blue tees which is par 70/128 and playing at 6200 yards. The greens were very fast and not one flat one on the whole course. No driving range which I find as annoying as all the walkers and gnats at this place. So basically I warmed/lost balls for the front 9 and then played a little better on the back. First time ever playing this course too. Pretty much played double bogey golf on the front and lost a ton of balls, had 19 putts and fought a nasty hook. Shot an "other". On the back things were a little better, 16 putts, mixed in a couple pars with the bogeys and two doubles. The finishing hole was a par 5 playing 536 yards with a nasty sloping green that I managed to par. That made for a nice end to the round as I managed a 44 on the back. Lots of work to do on the game in the next couple weeks.

Shot an" other"?

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

solid back 9 man....that course is a tough one and to par the last hole is really something....

Thanks hanks. For the price of that course I won't play it much without a driving range. It not worth having to warm up for 9 holes. But those greens are fast and very good practice the Morgan Cup.

Here's what I did today in preparation for the Morgan Cup. Great day here in the land of corn!

IMAG0044.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That looks like one big giant germ.

A box is located outside my front door, "Do not refuse, Custom Order" Hmmmmm I wonder what it could be?

The Flowbee

flowbee2.jpg

The flowbee doesn't have a chance in hell at cutting my hair, no way it has the power!

The flowbee doesn't have a chance in hell at cutting my hair, no way it has the power!

at first glance I thought that was Randy Johnson with the flowbee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back