The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in everyones opinion who has the bigger advantage? The people who got their irons first or the people who got their woods first?

Had to go to some work today and then a long range session and it gets spicy in here! Come on Jake, TC's never on his own in here, Team Hackers is the team of the people because we spend the most time on the forum talking to the people, plus are metrosexually handsome. Either way, it works for me.

So in everyones opinion who has the bigger advantage? The people who got their irons first or the people who got their woods first?

IMO, woods. If lofts are similar with your previous irons and you aren't making a drastic change in make (ie: GI to Blade) they should play similarly. Woods seem to be a different beast to tame for me, anyways.

IMO, woods. If lofts are similar with your previous irons and you aren't making a drastic change in make (ie: GI to Blade) they should play similarly. Woods seem to be a different beast to tame for me, anyways.

I'd say you're about right. I can get adjusted to irons fairly quickly for the most part, but the woods have taken me about 2 weeks to get dialed in. I'd say by the time the MC rolls around knowone will have an advantage.

For me it's woods. I got adjusted to my previous set of irons fairly quickly. I'm glad I have my woods now, that's all I can say.

I feel comfortable in knowing I'll have my MC bag full in enough time to get comfortable with every club. I think most will feel the same way, but that's for them to chime in.

It's really been a fun process from start to where we are today.

Tough one- if you asked me which id like earlier- I would probably choose irons just to get used to em and dial in the yardages. Getting distance down with them is pretty important and takes time, also a driver you dont really need to know distance, just swig away,

But confidence off the tee with a new club would be huge.

So im Not sure either has an advantage- there are pros and cons to both,

Im Going to live at the course this next month in preparation. Still don't know what were gonna game but it should be pretty amazing!!

Tough one- if you asked me which id like earlier- I would probably choose irons just to get used to em and dial in the yardages. Getting distance down with them is pretty important and takes time, also a driver you dont really need to know distance, just swig away,

But confidence off the tee with a new club would be huge.

So im Not sure either has an advantage- there are pros and cons to both,

Im Going to live at the course this next month in preparation. Still don't know what were gonna game but it should be pretty amazing!!

You make some valid points but this last one I don't agree with. I need to know with my driver, how far I carry it, and how much it rolls so I know if I can carry that bunker, carry the water, cut that corner or run out of fairway.

You make some valid points but this last one I don't agree with. I need to know with my driver, how far I carry it, and how much it rolls so I know if I can carry that bunker, carry the water, cut that corner or run out of fairway.

I gotcha. Guess what I meant was it's one club- easier to get it's distance down. Rather than a full set of irons.

Didn't say that too well.

I will be stoked to get out there and hit some irons though!

Are the callaway guys waiting to get their woods until the taylormade guys get their irons? Or is it just working out that way?

Sure had been a fantastic ride up until this point. I can't wait to get to Orlando in a few weeks.

Chunky, I think its safe to say that those who received woods first will find that more beneficial, and those who received irons first would say that's more beneficial.

Personally, I think those that receive wedges first have a slight advantage. Those make or break you in this format.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Welcome back CG! Good to see you in here again and glad the vacation went well. Someone had a new putter show up today. ;)

Chunky, I think its safe to say that those who received woods first will find that more beneficial, and those who received irons first would say that's more beneficial.

Personally, I think those that receive wedges first have a slight advantage. Those make or break you in this format.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

This I totally agree with. After spending an hour with my wedges today I have to say I'm so glad we got these as early as we did. I'm going to be practicing so much with these wedges I'm going to have to change out the faces a couple of times before the MC.

Kinda what TC said Chunky. Wedges for this guy. Good thing I'm gaming them already to be honest. Unless we aren't choosing from the JAWS line. I do like to know my misses with the irons more.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Where did everyone go? I get home from work and its like a ghost town in here.

Where did everyone go? I get home from work and its like a ghost town in here.

tumbleweed_small.jpg

I'm still here failing miserably in the video uploading department.

Thats a very apt, pic. I guess I'm going to have to wait for some witty banter. Loving all the TaylorMade clubs though, can't say enough about them.

I would say wedges, but since you didn't ask that I am going to say irons. Though I don't think there is a big advantage either way.

IMO I'd go with irons but I'm picky about mine. Having the distance really dialled in with both full and knock downs is probably the best part of my game and the only reason I can make up for sucky tee play.

However TC makes a compelling point about the wedges. The course looks mighty tough with a lot of sand and rough being brought into play even with fairly talented golfers. Having functioning escape routes will be big, even more so for the guys who will "go for it" as it were.

I think it's an advantage to have irons first. You have more time to get a lot more clubs dialed in and figured out.

I think it's an advantage to have irons first. You have more time to get a lot more clubs dialed in and figured out.

I thought you were going to say putter.

I wold think the woods are most important, especially those using adjustable woods like the r11. It might take a bit of time dialing it in and getting the right set-up for your shots. Wedges are very important like TC said but the question was irons or woods.

he really wanted to say staff bag

Staff bag will take a while to get used to. Here is a question, after the morgan cup, will you use your Morgan Cup staff bag, as your everyday golf bag, or will it be sort of a souvenir that will be in the corner somewhere?

While I'm very glad to go ahead and get my woods/hybrids as I need the most work on those, I'm anxious to get to order our irons because this will be the first fitted set I've had. I'm thinking I might have a bit extra getting to know you time with how 2 degree upright reacts compared to std.

Staff bag will take a while to get used to. Here is a question, after the morgan cup, will you use your Morgan Cup staff bag, as your everyday golf bag, or will it be sort of a souvenir that will be in the corner somewhere?

Right now, I'll say I don't envision making the staff bag my daily use bag because I don't want to mess it up...just have to figure out where I'm going to display it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back