The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I dont think I need an explanation on why I find something funny. Personally I found it freaking hysterical.
Nor do I care what other websites publish.
And no offense, making the top story on a website in the middle of July is hardly making something the most dramatic sports event in a few years.
Glad you enjoyed it, but I found that statement funny. Apparently I am not allowed to feel that way.

Sorry for the strong response, I just get my guard up when I think people are disparaging soccer, but after looking at it again, I'm sure that was not your intent. It just comes from playing the game throughout my childhood and still being a huge fan of the sport, but we can differ on opinions. I'll take further soccer talk to the WWC thread.

Wow....some folks take the interney WAY too serious. I got you riled up so I am doing my job as a Team Hackers supporter. Others laughed at some of the comments and saw them for what they were. I will move onto someone else who can take some good natured ribbing. Good luck in your practice this week...you will need it come August. :act-up:

I like that you're interested in the event, even if you are a fan of the wrong side. But it would probably be more constructive if you actually supported Team Hackers instead of only taking shots at Team Paradise. JMHO.

Wow....some folks take the interney WAY too serious. I got you riled up so I am doing my job as a Team Hackers supporter. Others laughed at some of the comments and saw them for what they were. I will move onto someone else who can take some good natured ribbing. Good luck in your practice this week...you will need it come August. :act-up:

Yeah dude, you may want to move on...Those soccer fans are clearly a little "out there" evidently...Or maybe its just Mr. Dolphin....Shots have been taken by just about everybody.

Let's take a break from the WWC and get back to the Morgan Cup...you know an important sporting event. :act-up:

Great shooting Esox...glad you're getting all that out of your system now.

Yeah dude, you may want to move on...Those soccer fans are clearly a little "out there" evidently...Or maybe its just Mr. Dolphin....Shots have been taken by just about everybody.

Noted - no problem!

Dear Team Hackers. I've been informed that you will be allowed to use your 15th club for The Morgan Cup. You'll be able to choose your weapon from the assortment below. It was a tough call for Team Paradise, but we figured you could use all the help you needed.

4c650e3a-1972-6f37.jpg

HAHAHAHHA!

The Morgan Cup might get better TV ratings in the US than the WWC as well.

And, yes, I'm a soccer fan, and yes I did watch the game.

Biggsy: I just spoke with Captain TC and he feels obliged to extend Team Paradise the same opportunity. You can use them for bunkers or to dig your own grave....your choice!

shovel2_lg2-242x300.jpg

Hmmm...., and how did that work out for you Esox, you handsome devil?

Second round of the husband/wife tournament at our club.

35-37 for a one over par 72. 4 birdies, 3 bogeys, 1 double bogey. These TM wedges are making me laugh they are so easy to hit close. Today I hit two to 3 feet or so to make birdies, (one of those I hit the R11 over the corner trees on a dogleg that is the #5 handicap hole on the course), another to 10 feet for another birdie, one from 40 yards after having to punch out of the trees to 4 feet to save par, and chipped with the 58-09 from little short sided lies to less than 18" three times. 28 putts with the Corza Ghost, and that includes one three putt on a par 3 for bogey.

My wife and I went from tied for last place to third. Not a great day, but I'm old and don't have much game, so sometimes I have to settle.

Let's play some damn golf.

Kevin

Lights out Kevin! Nice shooting buddy.

I went to play golf and this thread had like 15 more pages.

Welcome to the team Spank. Glad to have you my friend!

I didn't play great today but I didn't play terrible. The wind out there today was CRAZY. It was at least 18MPH with gusts of 25-30. I had 4 penalty shots today, and I lost a ball 5' off the fairway. (that is irritating) Ended up with an 81, I was +5 after 4 holes, so only +4 on the other 14, so I am not overly happy with that, but I have a tough time in the wind. On #18 (560y downhill par 5), I hammered a driver, then hammered a 3w, and I still had 120y left. The wind was nuts.

I only had 31 putts today, that is shaping up nicely, I am loving the new grip and new stroke. Another thing was my 3/4 "under the wind" wedge shots. They got me in close 4-5 times and I managed to sneak out 3 birdies.

The score wasn't great but I am happy with the putting. Short game is coming around nicely and the new TM wedges are feeling wonderful.

Nice job. Looks like the new grip is grip is paying early dividends.

Breaking News: Team Paradise have a new OEM sponsor

41gGPfdMqJL.jpg

72819_b_1.jpg

Biggsy: I just spoke with Captain TC and he feels obliged to extend Team Paradise the same opportunity. You can use them for bunkers or to dig your own grave....your choice!

shovel2_lg2-242x300.jpg

Awesome reply MCook

41gGPfdMqJL.jpg

72819_b_1.jpg

Ditto, MikeF...love the first of those two pics. They even make a putter for Esox.

shovel2_lg2-242x300.jpg

Most of the guys on our team could beat half their team using those instead of irons. In fact, I suspect seeing us hit a couple shots on the range, OEMKevin would be off to the nearest ACE Hardware to buy a couple to replace his TMC irons.

I heard in Texas you call those dirt picker uppers, because shovel is too hard to say.

Kevin

You could try to drink with me and my rugby mates TC

That could be a recipe for trouble!!

I agree. Ladies games shouldnt be called sporting events! :alien:

KellyBo is gonna come hunt you down for that one!!

41gGPfdMqJL.jpg

72819_b_1.jpg

I am sure Kevin is already calling Golf Galaxy to see if he can trade in one of his Razr drivers for one of those!!!

41gGPfdMqJL.jpg

72819_b_1.jpg

CG13 has a set of those he'll be gaming at TMC. He was fit for them at Olympia Fields. You should see him hit the 5Plastic. He loves his precious 5Plastic.

Kevin

esox - really? That the best you got? Is this what you had for breakfast and lunch?

Weak Sauce - the official drink of choice by Team Paradise

6a00e5505fc496883401053719d7de970b-800wi

esox - really? That the best you got? Is this what you had for breakfast and lunch?

Weak Sauce - the official drink of choice by Team Paradise

6a00e5505fc496883401053719d7de970b-800wi

You showed me. I'm destroyed by your TX wit. Or is it dissected?

Kevin

LOL! Destroyed, dissected, demolished.....the same descriptives that will be used in August when the Hackers send the Paradisians back to Paradise. :D

LOL! Destroyed, dissected, demolished.....the same descriptives that will be used in August when the Hackers send the Paradisians back to Paradise. :D

Regardless of the result, we're all WINNERS and each and every one of us know it. Just glad to see so many THPers jumping on board with support! It's good for the members, the sponsors and most importantly...THP!

You make it sound like going to Paradise is a bad thing

Nahh...perfect place to drown the sorrows!

Regardless the result, we're all WINNERS and each and every one of us know it. Just glad to see so many THPers jumping on board with support!

Agree 1000%. Just an unreal opportunity for ALL involved and hopefully the start of something really long and special!

Okay, that right there is pretty funny.
Do soccer fans root for a tie in golf too? :alien:

^^^^Speaking of winners! Looking good Hawk! Love it.

Great round Esox, too bad it was probably on your home course, the one you play all the time. That's like a 90 at Reunion Resort cheese fart. XFT's are doo doo and everyone knows it.

This thread just gets better and better every day. Cook and Hawk, appreciate you two laying the beat down while I was playing golf then attending a PGA tour event.

Allow me to give a brief sypnosis of this thread today.

1. Sean you are odd dude.
2. Hairy Dolphin you crack me up, not a day goes by without some hurt feelings.
3. You all got destroyed by Hawk and Cook.
4. I'm a huge soccer fan, however that being said. Women's soccer is awful. It's like watching the MLS.

ryanhawk308
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey buddy, pay attention to the road and keep your thoughts to yourself. :wink:

Okay, that right there is pretty funny.
Do soccer fans root for a tie in golf too? :alien:

A tie in golf means that there's a playoff, and that means more golf. That's good, right? :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back