The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esox, you do realize that I have Taylormade staffers on my team too, right? It's not just you dude. My personal opinion of the XFT's were formed well before this event and it has nothing to do with you either.

You better be really, really good, and really, really straight off the tee, with an incredible short game, b/c that's precisely the picture you've painted. I'd hate to see anything other than that. You might be somewhat shocked at how good some of these THP'ers really are.

Never said I was really, really, good. Dude, I post almost every score I shoot. What part of 80, 81, 83, or my seven handicap indicates I'm really, really, good? I hit the ball straight, the wedges have been fantastic, and I have had a few of what I think have been some pretty nice rounds. I'm competitive. The rest is trash talk. Hell, more than half the time I'm making fun of myself, but maybe that goes over your head.

But I'll have a little wedge contest with you if you want, Gomer. I'm sure the greatness that is you wouldn't hesitate.

I was pretty proud of that round today. You chose to belittle it and my enjoyment and surprise at how well I like the wedges. Your teammates and supporters didn't do that. That's your choice. And then you piss and moan about people thinking you're a douche bag. That's your choice, too.

Funny, really. Note that at no time have I commented about your over the top raving about your wonderful Callaway irons. Yet I've formed my opinions on Callaway irons.

Kevin

Never said I was really, really, good. Dude, I post almost every score I shoot. What part of 80, 81, 83, or my seven handicap indicates I'm really, really, good? I hit the ball straight, the wedges have been fantastic, and I have had a few of what I think have been some pretty nice rounds. I'm competitive. The rest is trash talk. Hell, more than half the time I'm making fun of myself, but maybe that goes over your head.

But I'll have a little wedge contest with you if you want, Gomer. I'm sure the greatness that is you wouldn't hesitate.

I was pretty proud of that round today. You chose to belittle it and my enjoyment and surprise at how well I like the wedges. Your teammates and supporters didn't do that. That's your choice. And then you piss and moan about people thinking you're a douche bag. That's your choice, too.

Funny, really. Note that at no time have I commented about your over the top raving about your wonderful Callaway irons. Yet I've formed my opinions on Callaway irons.

Kevin

Me too, they are amazing!

That means they declare a winner.
Not flop all over the place and call it even.
I feel cheated watching sports that dont end in a winner.
And I can assure you, at a real competition like the Morgan Cup, a winner will be declared.

Serious Morgan Cup question: is there a procedure in place to decide a winner if the matches are tied at the end of Sunday? Would it be a playoff match between one guy on each team, like the playoff between Tiger and Ernie in the President's Cup a few years ago?

Serious Morgan Cup question: is there a procedure in place to decide a winner if the matches are tied at the end of Sunday? Would it be a playoff match between one guy on each team, like the playoff between Tiger and Ernie in the President's Cup a few years ago?

Yes there is a procedure in place and it will be announced at the event.

Asked in the Reunion thread but I think it was overlooked. But given how often they punch greens here in Florida, I'm assuming they are scheduling those around the event and we have no chance of freshly punched and sanded greens.

Have you been out lately to see the course?

Asked in the Reunion thread but I think it was overlooked. But given how often they punch greens here in Florida, I'm assuming they are scheduling those around the event and we have no chance of freshly punched and sanded greens.

Have you been out lately to see the course?

We have been assured the course would not schedule maintenance around this kind of event.

We have been assured the course would not schedule maintenance around this kind of event.

Figured as much. They only do that crap in my area, then again, it wasn't The Morgan Cup :D

Kevin

Deep down you know I'm stoked for your efforts. To think otherwise would be silly. I even encourage you on your facebook page. I don't care what you think about my irons. They're good to me. If you don't like them, fine with me. Yet again another Paradisian gets defensive and bent out of shape. You guys really are like females. It's borderline ridiculous at this point.

Seriously, congrats on your round. You and your amazing wedges will win 3 points in August. I'm trembling in my douche baggery boots.

I'm at a point where I'm ready for the event to be here b/c honestly, I'm sick of all this bullsh*t. I make funny videos, you guys rip them apart. I give some of you crap, you all cry home to mama or take it so personally that it's stupid. I'm just over it at this point. I am ready to take my wonderful Callaway irons and play golf.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

No dude, someone responds to your crap, or does a little trash talking at your expense, and then we're out of line. You come off as defensive. You remind me of a woman. You're ripping people, they rip back. You can't have it both ways. You can't possibly think all this crap I've been putting out makes me think I'm the best player in this shindig. For christ's sake, I'm 50, overweight, and coming from a cool climate. That's three strikes before we freakin' start. When I say I won't hit a bunker, or I'm going to hit every fairway, or drop wedges all over the flag, it's supposed to be funny, because those things are all highly unlikely. Irony.

At best I'm second or third best. lol.

Kevin

Actually this is me...in the red shirt at a recent Massachusetts Golf Association event. See, I'm not that terrible. :)

web.jpg

But it's not 11P EST yet. Where's Yoccos? Is it still 2 days ago MST?

I think he's night putting. If it's night in MST.

Kevin

This thread has been weird today while I was away golfing and it has taken me some time to catch up. Played a great round of golf today, for 15 holes, and then a bad 3 holes coming home. It was the Valley Course at my home course which is 70.8 / 130 6456 yards with the hardest greens I've ever putted. Shot a 38, 45, for an 83, but came home double, double, bogey....grrrrrr. I had 3 birdies 11 fairways, 8 GIR, only 32 putts and played great until the previously said 16th hole where I hit a great iron, right at the flag stick, which it then hit, and the ball off the green into a deep pot bunker, and short sided. I got a little mad at my bad luck, pitched out and 3 putted! I let that get to me for the next two holes. Just entered this score into the RCGA and my HC is now the lowest its ever been, 11.9, I've never been under 12 before, and the goal was to be a 10 or less before the MC so I have some work to do if I want that to happen, but I'm close.

But it's not 11P EST yet. Where's Yoccos? Is it still 2 days ago MST?

Yep, its early afternoon last wednesday now MST, so he's probably just getting off work.

This thread has been weird today while I was away golfing and it has taken me some time to catch up. Played a great round of golf today, for 15 holes, and then a bad 3 holes coming home. It was the Valley Course at my home course which is 70.8 / 130 6456 yards with the hardest greens I've ever putted. Shot a 38, 45, for an 83, but came home double, double, bogey....grrrrrr. I had 3 birdies 11 fairways, 8 GIR, only 32 putts and played great until the previously said 16th hole where I hit a great iron, right at the flag stick, which it then hit, and the ball off the green into a deep pot bunker, and short sided. I got a little mad at my bad luck, pitched out and 3 putted! I let that get to me for the next two holes. Just entered this score into the RCGA and my HC is now the lowest its ever been, 11.9, I've never been under 12 before, and the goal was to be a 10 or less before the MC so I have some work to do if I want that to happen, but I'm close.

Congrats on the HC bro that's good stuff. I played awful today with DD. But DD gots game.

Just got home from my round today with OEM. We played the blue tees at Queenstown Harbor's River Course.

71.8/132

This is the first time I have ever played this course and was very impressed. I think I managed to find most of the bunkers, which led to some great practice for TMC. The greens were very firm, which is something I am fairly new to. I am used to hitting at pins and having the ball sit or maybe bounce a little. I am not really sure how many balls I bounced off of the greens today, but it was a decent amount. The course really got backed up after 5 holes and that's where I started my minor blowup. Holes 6,7, and 8 led to 3 penalty strokes and double, double, triple. The triple was on a par 3 that was playing 177, fairly straightforward. I duffed it like a clown into a ravine, hit my 3rd shot onto the green with a full SW, had it bounce off the back and then couldn't get up and down. I came back to life on the back 9 and started finding the short grass from the tee. Birdied the par 3 16th, only to end with a bogey and double.

44/40 - 84
FiR: 6
GiR: 6 (need to work on this)
Putts: 29 (yay, no 3 jacks)

We were able to get a few vids. We wanted to get some more, but the guy we were paired with was in a hurry to finish each hole so we could wait 15 minutes on the next tee box.

OEM, lay up on a long par 5
[YOUTUBE]zV2V_S9MR8A[/YOUTUBE]

My tee shot on the par 3 that led to a bird... Played 172 yds, 12ish feet right of pin
[YOUTUBE]6lkwvLoDwIA[/YOUTUBE]

OEM Chipping...
[YOUTUBE]udeoy9AUyuI[/YOUTUBE]

OEM is a chipping machine. He hit quite a few today to a foot or two. Jake and One-T are going to have quite the battle on their hands. I had a blast today getting to meet and play some golf with Kevin. We are already talking about getting a few more rounds in at some good courses.

DD and OEM, glad to hear that you guys had a good day, course looked good too!

I was at the range tonight for a little while, hit a couple of buckets, mainly working with my metal woods and hybrids. I took another look at the Watson course online yesterday, and some of the fairways look pretty tight, so hitting the fairways will be really important. Anyways, there was a little kid hitting balls in the stall next to me at the start of my session. After a few balls, he started crying, and then yelling for his mommy, and after that he was taken away. Crying and yelling for mommy....sounds like what all of Team Hackers will be doing after we're done with them.

Looks like a nice course OEM & DD. Cool to hear some other Morgan Cuppers are getting some rounds together.

CB, congrats on your HC bro! That's quite an accomplishment.

Nice front nine, dude. It's those damn double bogeys, right? Stupid things they are, I tell you. I hate them. Under 10 is doable. Start a personal war against the doubles.

Kevin

Double bogeys were all over my scorecard today.

Actually this is me...in the red shirt at a recent Massachusetts Golf Association event. See, I'm not that terrible. :)

web.jpg

You playing with Esox?

DD and OEM, glad to hear that you guys had a good day, course looked good too!

I was at the range tonight for a little while, hit a couple of buckets, mainly working with my metal woods and hybrids. I took another look at the Watson course online yesterday, and some of the fairways look pretty tight, so hitting the fairways will be really important. Anyways, there was a little kid hitting balls in the stall next to me at the start of my session. After a few balls, he started crying, and then yelling for his mommy, and after that he was taken away. Crying and yelling for mommy....sounds like what all of Team Hackers will be doing after we're done with them.

Well if you plan on shanking balls into your competitors at TMC like you did that poor kids you may need a new strategy. That's low brow, even for a duke fan.

--
tapatalk

Nice front nine, dude. It's those damn double bogeys, right? Stupid things they are, I tell you. I hate them. Under 10 is doable. Start a personal war against the doubles.

Kevin

Thanks man, I only had one double on the card until those last few holes, but I let the bad luck get to me, and I really shouldn't have. The war against doubles has begun! And great round today by you as well. From last to first is crazy good, and your score, (78? going off memory) is really really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back