The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "processing" now. I love the flip but the software is horrendous for making a video...or I'm just illiterate :p

I hard a time when I used yours. I deleted the video 3 times before I figured it out. It's not just you.

Alright I think I made my decision. Possibly....maybe....alright maybe I haven't then.

It will never cease to amaze me how much of a difference a shaft that fits your game can make.

Truer words have never been spoken, it really is amazing sometimes.

KBS tours gave me the second best numbers and I liked them, but compared the the PX`s it was night and day.

Another example of how different shafts work for different people. I get great results from KBS Tour Stiff, but every time I try to hit PX shafts in irons, I lose carry distance and it feels like I'm swinging telephone poles.

Make your iron picks please...the quicker you do, the quicker we have them in hand. You've known this day was coming.

My order is going in later tonight, so quit bugging me. :D

When I played steel shafts I was fitted for the Project X Flighted. I loved those shafts.

I had my order written up in ten minutes. Then thought I should go take another look at Golfsmith. Order was in shortly thereafter. I based my selections on Coolbreeze's number because I want to be just like him. Tall, hairy, and Canadian.

Kevin

I had my order written up in ten minutes. Then thought I should go take another look at Golfsmith. Order was in shortly thereafter. I based my selections on Coolbreeze's number because I want to be just like him. Tall, hairy, and Canadian.

Kevin
Kevin, do you still play steel shafts? I had to switch to graphite due to some elbow problems.

Kevin, do you still play steel shafts? I had to switch to graphite due to some elbow problems.

Stiff and steel. I had a wicked case of tennis elbow last fall and through the Winter. Was a swing problem. I get a twinge now and then, but Aleve does the trick.

Kevin

Last edited:

Kevin

Thanks man, I based mine off you. Actually I just put in my iron order 1 minute ago, the pondering is over and I'm really excited and I know I made the right choice.

Thanks man, I based mine off you. Actually I just put in my iron order 1 minute ago, the pondering is over and I'm really excited and I know I made the right choice.

Good for you. I can't wait to hear about your selection.

Paradise > Hackers

I've been feeling kind of funny playing golf in Foot Joy shoes, so I picked up a pair of Powerband 3.0s on clearance at Golfsmith. First pair of adidas shoes I have owned in a long time. They seem really comfortable. Putting them to work tomorrow and Sunday. Quite the cleat and traction system on the bottom of these babies.

Kevin

some pointed out the sway back here on my takeaway: its a problem ive been fighting - leads to some inconsistencies, and my biggest miss "the top"

it originated in a lesson at golftec - he wanted me to really get my weight back - and Ive over exaggerated it. I really think its my biggest hurdle at this point and Im looking for some drills to correct it.

any of you guys have some drills to work on? that prevent the sway seen in these movies..

[video=youtube;-0Fyq5ugj44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Fyq5ugj44&feature=related[/video]

I think its just the way you're thinking about it man. You don't "shift" your weight into your back leg, you turn it into your back leg, and more importantly to the inside of your back leg. If you keep your lower body stable and just let your turn slowly take your weight into your back leg you will make a full weight "turn" without swaying.

Time to stop tinkering and start scoring, junior. I could give you a tip, but it's time to stop thinking. Seriously. Hit it, find it, and hit it again.

i watched that damn video I made, and I wish I wouldn't have. I didn't even need to know what it looked like.

Kevin

I was going back reading some of the earlier posts when this event was announced. First of all, the excitement was like nothing I have seen. I got chills as I rereading it. It's really humbling to go back and read them. This truly is a fantastic event and we are all very lucky and fortunate to be a part of it.

Along with the excitement, I found this little gem:

You know I'm paradise baby!

I was going back reading some of the earlier posts when this event was announced. First of all, the excitement was like nothing I have seen. I got chills as I rereading it. It's really humbling to go back and read them. This truly is a fantastic event and we are all very lucky and fortunate to be a part of it.

Along with the excitement, I found this little gem:

hehehe. He is a Paradiseian at heart.

Kevin

I'm thinking about backing it up to 6,500 tomorrow at my home course. This turns four of the par 4s into really difficult holes. I'll decide in the morning, but that's the plan as of right now. I dread the tee shot on the 3rd hole. 60-70 yards back from the white tees, and through a chute of trees. My nemesis shot.

Kevin

Damn, this looks like a fantastic event to take part in. Really wish I would have found it earlier haha.

Hit 'em well!

back and i did mate shot a nice 81 and probally could of gone lower. putting was solid but it could of been better 37 putts couldn't get to grips with the greens couldn't read them.
93% fir
44% gir
and 37 putts.

Truer words have never been spoken, it really is amazing sometimes.
Another example of how different shafts work for different people. I get great results from KBS Tour Stiff, but every time I try to hit PX shafts in irons, I lose carry distance and it feels like I'm swinging telephone poles.
My order is going in later tonight, so quit bugging me. :D

When it comes to PX shafts, that usually is more about playing the wrong number than the shaft. We spoke to them about this earlier in the year and I went through a fitting with them to basically have them "prove me wrong". And they did actually. Just had to drop down one.

I've been feeling kind of funny playing golf in Foot Joy shoes, so I picked up a pair of Powerband 3.0s on clearance at Golfsmith. First pair of adidas shoes I have owned in a long time. They seem really comfortable. Putting them to work tomorrow and Sunday. Quite the cleat and traction system on the bottom of these babies.

Kevin

Best bang for the buck out there right now. Low cleat system, incredible comfort. You will be happy I have a feeling.

Time to stop tinkering and start scoring, junior. I could give you a tip, but it's time to stop thinking. Seriously. Hit it, find it, and hit it again.

i watched that damn video I made, and I wish I wouldn't have. I didn't even need to know what it looked like.

Kevin

Agreed. Working on swing changes this close will lead to very bad things in my opinion.

Damn, this looks like a fantastic event to take part in. Really wish I would have found it earlier haha.

Always the annual THP Outing that while may be full, always has spots open up.
And stay active on the forum and you never know what kind of thing pops up.

One thing I want to add please. Lets remember that this is not the banter away thread or the equipment pondering thread guys. Movie talk, wedding talk, talk of clubs that have nothing to do with the companies involved here, really has no place in this thread. Thanks.

I have multiple pairs of Adidas shoes and they are the most comfy ones I own. I also have a pair of Callaways that are great. They have ball markers built into the side of each shoe. Sounds like a gimic but works well. I think you will be happy with the powerbands Esox!

Tappin the keg!

I have multiple pairs of Adidas shoes and they are the most comfy ones I own. I also have a pair of Callaways that are great. They have ball markers built into the side of each shoe. Sounds like a gimic but works well. I think you will be happy with the powerbands Esox!

Tappin the keg!

How do the callaways fit? True to size or do they rrun big/small?

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back