The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly quiet today. C'mon guys. I want to see some hurt feelings and make up posts.

sorry bro, I was poopin

ok not THAT was funny....brought back some funny memories....if you smell what the Hanks is cooking

Finaaaaallllly.... THE HAAAAAAAAAAWK has come back to the Morgan Cup Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bah got an hour in- 30 mins sand- 30 mins driver - few video shots but it was sprinkling most rhe time. Then it Rly came down on me.

Loving the driver. Biggest miss was maybe 20 yards offline left. I'll take that all day- the supertri it was 50.

I hit atleast 30 drives - I tatooed a couple on video. Well for me atleast- it's not a 335 yard under a rake tho

Getting quicker I see :act-up:

I hit atleast 30 drives - I tatooed a couple on video. Well for me atleast- it's not a 335 yard under a rake tho

Only real men, over 5'3", can hit it 335, and under a rake. Imps need not even try.

Tappin the keg!

You're my teammate buddy but that can't stand. If you look at the world rankings for Quality of life, health care, and education you are way beneath us in all those categories. I love the US, but lets not start something you can't finish.

Here is a quote from the 2011 quality of life "Australia is seen as having the best quality of life among industrialized countries, one ranking ahead of second-place Canada, according to a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

However, it appears the clincher for Australia could be its high voter-turnout rates, which policy-makers in that country agree are largely the result of mandatory voting laws.

Canada scored at or near the top in areas such as housing, education, health and life satisfaction among the 34 major industrialized countries that make up the OECD. Sweden ranked third, the U.S. was seventh and Turkey was dead last."

I have a quote too. Its from the great Daniel Tosh...

If Canada was that great, it would be the 51st state!

I want to make a post here that might not be too popular, but it needs to be said.
The enthusiasm that you guys have coming into this event is amazing, and we are proud of most for taking on this journey to an unbelievable weekend.
But lets remember one thing. This is not a chat room. This is still about The Morgan Cup.
Trash Talking is fine
Equipment and golf talk is fine

But lets remember that there are HUGE companies that are supporting this event and some of the name calling and words that have been chosen are not in their best interest.
The every day banter about nothing leads to nothing and is not what this event is about.

Let's keep this thread special and invite the people around the world to embrace the event, not vilify those participating in it. Thanks.

I want to make a post here that might not be too popular, but it needs to be said.
The enthusiasm that you guys have coming into this event is amazing, and we are proud of most for taking on this journey to an unbelievable weekend.
But lets remember one thing. This is not a chat room. This is still about The Morgan Cup.
Trash Talking is fine

But lets remember that there are HUGE companies that are supporting this event and some of the name calling and words that have been chosen are not in their best interest.
The every day banter about nothing leads to nothing and is not what this event is about.

Let's keep this thread special and invite the people around the world to embrace the event, not vilify those participating in it. Thanks.
I think that was an outstanding post. I agree with you.

I love telling people about The Morgan Cup, each time it is met with the same jaw dropped stare from the people who I tell. We're all very lucky and the companies that have gotten on board are obviously two giants in the golf industry, they wouldn't back this if it was anything short of amazing. It has made me work very hard on my game and I cannot wait for the test that will surely come in August at Reunion Resort!

Thank you Callaway Golf, TaylorMade adidas Golf, Reunion Resort and most of all THP for this opportunity!

Understood JB. It's very easy to get caught up in all of it but you're right, Incredible opportunity that has made me put more into my game than I thought I ever could. Sure it's the same for all the others as well.

Trash Talking is fine

Good post JB. I don't want to make any feel like they can't post or come into this thread to get some information. I think we have a problem of getting off topic a fair bit. I do apologize.

I have read the entire thread (it took quite a while), and for people just jumping in to this thread for the first time it can seem a little daunting as it is a huge thread. One thing that may help, is there any way the first post can be updated with who is on what teams? Yes you all have it in your signatures, but not everyone involved is on here every day, and not every newbie is going to read all 600+ pages to figure it out. Just a suggestion. It may get some non-Morgan Cup players involved a little more if they can pick a team and root for them/trash talk for them. JMO.

I have read the entire thread (it took quite a while), and for people just jumping in to this thread for the first time it can seem a little daunting as it is a huge thread. One thing that may help, is there any way the first post can be updated with who is on what teams? Yes you all have it in your signatures, but not everyone involved is on here every day, and not every newbie is going to read all 600+ pages to figure it out. Just a suggestion. It may get some non-Morgan Cup players involved a little more if they can pick a team and root for them/trash talk for them. JMO.

I do think this is a good idea as there was a time that I wondered which person was on which team.

JB, thanks for posting that. Our enthusiasm for this event can be taken a little far at times. I apologize for that.

This truly is an amazing opportunity and I am really proud to be associated with it. I take every opportunity I can to promote it. I'm very grateful to be associated with it and can't thank THP, Taylormade, Callaway and Reunion Resort enough for the chance to compete in it.

You are supporting our team right Yorkem? ;)

Thanks again to TM, Callaway, Reunion resort and of course to THP for this wonderful event!

Tappin the keg!

Last edited:
You are supporting our team right Yorkem? ;)

Thanks aging to TM, Callaway, Reunion resort and of course to THP for this wonderful event!

Tappin the keg!

My loyalties are for sale to the highest bidder! hahahaha You will all know who I choose whenn I unleash some vicious smack talk...hahahaha

My loyalties are for sale to the highest bidder! hahahaha You will all know who I choose whenn I unleash some vicious smack talk...hahahaha

C'mon my lefty brethren, you and I both know you're in my corner. I'm cool like that, and helpful with Burner 2.0 information, lol

2 drinks (not beer) and a team win next outing, not to mention proudly supporting the winning team in the MC.

Tappin the keg!

New Twitter handles for Team Hackers

TC = @11inarow or @weakassmofo or @softascottonelle @blindleadingtheblind
AHA = @yoccoswhippingboy
CB = @fleur
CG13 = @5metalmanlove
DD = @milkcartonboy @photobomber
Jrod = @donttalktomeuntil530cst
OEM = @closetparadisian @cruisinforwoodinthecaribbean
adwill = @down4with3togo

A ton of funny stuff in here. At points I was waiting for a fist fight. But that was just funny as hell!

Just returned from my (attempted) round. Unfortunately we only got about a total of 7 holes in due to rain. The lightning alarm kept sounding forcing us to return to the clubhouse so we eventually just gave up and had a few beers. In any event, I played with a friend who brought two guests and I was telling them about the Morgan Cup because they're we're asking about my irons. They couldn't believe how incredible of an opportunity this is. When I hear the excitement and see the looks of disbelief in people's faces when I tell them about this event, it makes me feel so lucky to be taking part in the ground breaking amateur golf competition. Thank you Callaway, Taylormade, THP and Reunion Resort!

Jrod is the silent, ninja like type. His fury will be released at the MC. But on Team Hackers.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

His fury is quite, he's like a golf ninja.

Played this afternoon on a new to me golf course. Practice round for my daughter who has a tournament there Tuesday and Wednesday. It's a muni with 36 holes, and we're going back to play the other 18 tomorrow. Put the new woods into play. I'll post about them in the club thread. Played from one set of tees up from the tips. 6,600 yards. Pretty easy course, open with big greens, though most are protected by bunkers. Hit the ball pretty well with the new driver. Still feeling my way with it a bit. Hit my irons like a girl. Really slapping the ball, not driving through it at all. Missed a ton of these huge greens.

Shot 40-39. Had 14 putts on the front side, and that includes a three putt. That should give an idea of how I had to scramble. Back nine was better. 6 pars, 3 bogeys, 16 putts. The greens were darn fast, faster than I'm used to, and the Ghost rolled the Penta pill pretty darn well.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back