The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it dude! I think I'm going to in honor of a friends bday tonight.

evening team paradise hope all 4 of you are well trained and rested for the day. i also hope as its the weekend that we are all going to concentrate on training for the most important hole of the day the 19th!!

Good write-up Dr. Teeth. No extra holes in this format, so Hackers & Paradise would get a half point, so that is 2 1/2 - 1 1/2 after the morning session.

Thanks biggsy. I fixed my prediction.

Okay so I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath on my break down of the first day pairings, so here they are. First off, let me say that although I am supporting Team Paradise I am not letting this cloud my judgement in anyway. So here they are:

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- I am saving the first round for last, because IMO this is the pivotal matchup of the morning. So on to the second group.

Ryan Belbin & John Biggs vs Jarrod Krug & Andrew Aurand- The Big Hitters vs 4 iron and Precision. First off believe the hype! Biggsy and Rbelbin can hit the ball a mile! (Since there is a Canadian on this team I will translate that into metric). This team can hit the ball 1.609344 km! That being said Team Hackers has a guy that doesn't even need to use a driver! He steps up to the tee box and tells his caddie "4 iron please!" Yes they may be hitting the ball from 100 yards (or 91.44 meters) behind Biggsy and Belbin, but they have a secret weapon. AHA!!! This guy can hit the ball closer to the pin from 180 than most people can from 20 ft! My prediction is Team Hackers will have an Ah Ha moment and take the point from Team Paradise.

Kevin Dunn & Marc Gradillas vs Donne Willingham & Ryan Staples- This going to be a battle of some unknowns, at least unknown for me. On the one team we have Yoccos and Esox, the old and the young, the Seefu and the Grasshopper, it is a combo that has worked in the Ryder Cup and it may just work here. Next we got adwillingham and DirtyDawg, a couple of down home country boys who are not afraid to get down and dirty in order to grind this thing out. But in the end I think Yoccos hitting draws all day long and Esox stroking that ball into the cup like it is a cat in need of a good grooming is going to tip the balance in favor of Team Paradise.

Dean DeCrescenzo & Amol Yajnik vs Matthew Buemi & Ben Kember- The recent appearance of filmmaker M Night Shyamalan on The Hackers Paradise, showing off his golfing prowess has given life to this team that was previously known only for using shovels to get the ball in the hole. But this team has their work cut out for them because they are going against some stiff competition. Dispite the fact that this team should be essentially a one man team considering one of their players is both a lefty and a Canadian, normally a fatal combination, but in this case two negatives do equal a positive and it is one giant, 6'4" positive by the name of Coolbreeze. Coolbreeze made a bold move by cutting his signature locks and this had many wondering if this was a good idea or if like Sampson of old he was cutting the very source of his strength. On the contrary he has come away from the shearing a new man, leaner, meaner and cleaner. That coupled with his kicking of the cig sticks and the fact that CG13 only needs one putt per hole with his new Ghost Tour Marinello putter and I believe Team Hackers has this one in the bag!

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- Finally, the pivotal matchup! A matchup that has so many levels it deserves its own thread. Brother vs Brother. Equipment Tester vs Equipment tester. Team Hackers is team that has a man that owns every single club known to mankind teaming up with a man who has only ever 4 clubs his whole life because they don't make it left handed. Team Paradise consists of a couple of funny talkers, who despite their inability to speak proper English, can flat out play! P4B, the big man with the aerodynamic head! This guy drives the ball like Bubba Watson! No he doesn't have Bubba's distance, but he does have his banana slice. But don't be fooled by his ability to workability the ball, because he is consistently in the middle of the fairway. One-T who can at times be inconsistent with the driver is peaking at the right time smacking drive after drive 300+ and straight down the middle, plus, this guy doesn't need a spaceship to putt with. He is like a surgeon with his precision blade dropping putt after putt. Team Hackers is headed by their fearless leader. A man who looks 25 foot, nay 45 foot putts in the face and laughs as he sinks them in the dark with a crowd full of naysayer looking on. His golfing ability is the stuff of legends and his youtube videos have changed the face of golf forever! Finally there is OEM. What can you say about a man who goes out and buys a driver that he is going to receive for free a couple of weeks later, except that he is serious! His motto is "Look Good, Play Good", and he exemplifies this motto. Team Hackers is legit and is going to give Team Paradise a seriously hard time with there play, but in the end I predict that the combined play of Team Paradise pulls this one off on the 18 hole.

So like every good soccer match should be, I have it 2-2 after the first round, but I think that it is going to be close and a few matches could go either way. I can't wait to see what the Round 2 pairings are and you bet I will give my predictions on that one too.

That was awesome buddy, I love how it shows you have read the threads and paid attention to what people have been saying. I thought that was very clever. and quite frankly a fun read. I look forward to your next predictions. Just an FYI....we cant go to extra holes, that would be a half point.

Dr. Teeth, excellent write up and read. I dont like Team Awesomes outcome but a good read nonetheless.

Great write-up Dr. Teeth...some very interesting analysis and obviously a lot of thought went into that break down!

I'm still drafting OEM as a sleeper pick in my Morgan Cup Fantasy Golf draft
Okay so I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath on my break down of the first day pairings, so here they are. First off, let me say that although I am supporting Team Paradise I am not letting this cloud my judgement in anyway. So here they are:

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- I am saving the first round for last, because IMO this is the pivotal matchup of the morning. So on to the second group.

Ryan Belbin & John Biggs vs Jarrod Krug & Andrew Aurand- The Big Hitters vs 4 iron and Precision. First off believe the hype! Biggsy and Rbelbin can hit the ball a mile! (Since there is a Canadian on this team I will translate that into metric). This team can hit the ball 1.609344 km! That being said Team Hackers has a guy that doesn't even need to use a driver! He steps up to the tee box and tells his caddie "4 iron please!" Yes they may be hitting the ball from 100 yards (or 91.44 meters) behind Biggsy and Belbin, but they have a secret weapon. AHA!!! This guy can hit the ball closer to the pin from 180 than most people can from 20 ft! My prediction is Team Hackers will have an Ah Ha moment and take the point from Team Paradise.

Kevin Dunn & Marc Gradillas vs Donne Willingham & Ryan Staples- This going to be a battle of some unknowns, at least unknown for me. On the one team we have Yoccos and Esox, the old and the young, the Seefu and the Grasshopper, it is a combo that has worked in the Ryder Cup and it may just work here. Next we got adwillingham and DirtyDawg, a couple of down home country boys who are not afraid to get down and dirty in order to grind this thing out. But in the end I think Yoccos hitting draws all day long and Esox stroking that ball into the cup like it is a cat in need of a good grooming is going to tip the balance in favor of Team Paradise.

Dean DeCrescenzo & Amol Yajnik vs Matthew Buemi & Ben Kember- The recent appearance of filmmaker M Night Shyamalan on The Hackers Paradise, showing off his golfing prowess has given life to this team that was previously known only for using shovels to get the ball in the hole. But this team has their work cut out for them because they are going against some stiff competition. Dispite the fact that this team should be essentially a one man team considering one of their players is both a lefty and a Canadian, normally a fatal combination, but in this case two negatives do equal a positive and it is one giant, 6'4" positive by the name of Coolbreeze. Coolbreeze made a bold move by cutting his signature locks and this had many wondering if this was a good idea or if like Sampson of old he was cutting the very source of his strength. On the contrary he has come away from the shearing a new man, leaner, meaner and cleaner. That coupled with his kicking of the cig sticks and the fact that CG13 only needs one putt per hole with his new Ghost Tour Marinello putter and I believe Team Hackers has this one in the bag!

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- Finally, the pivotal matchup! A matchup that has so many levels it deserves its own thread. Brother vs Brother. Equipment Tester vs Equipment tester. Team Hackers is team that has a man that owns every single club known to mankind teaming up with a man who has only ever 4 clubs his whole life because they don't make it left handed. Team Paradise consists of a couple of funny talkers, who despite their inability to speak proper English, can flat out play! P4B, the big man with the aerodynamic head! This guy drives the ball like Bubba Watson! No he doesn't have Bubba's distance, but he does have his banana slice. But don't be fooled by his ability to workability the ball, because he is consistently in the middle of the fairway. One-T who can at times be inconsistent with the driver is peaking at the right time smacking drive after drive 300+ and straight down the middle, plus, this guy doesn't need a spaceship to putt with. He is like a surgeon with his precision blade dropping putt after putt. Team Hackers is headed by their fearless leader. A man who looks 25 foot, nay 45 foot putts in the face and laughs as he sinks them in the dark with a crowd full of naysayer looking on. His golfing ability is the stuff of legends and his youtube videos have changed the face of golf forever! Finally there is OEM. What can you say about a man who goes out and buys a driver that he is going to receive for free a couple of weeks later, except that he is serious! His motto is "Look Good, Play Good", and he exemplifies this motto. Team Hackers is legit and is going to give Team Paradise a seriously hard time with there play, but in the end I predict that the combined play of Team Paradise pulls this one off on the 18 hole.

So like every good soccer match should be, I have it 2-2 after the first round, but I think that it is going to be close and a few matches could go either way. I can't wait to see what the Round 2 pairings are and you bet I will give my predictions on that one too.

I think this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it. If this information is available (if not, just ignore this post), can someone please repost which course we will played for each match and the tees/yardage we will be playing? Maybe I'm just losing my mind because it's Friday, but I thought I remember reading this somewhere before. Thanks!

Here you go man:

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13646

Saturday: Independence Course, designed by Tom Watson (6319)
Sunday: The Tradition Course, designed by Jack Nicklaus (6537)

I think this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it. If this information is available (if not, just ignore this post), can someone please repost which course we will played for each match and the tees/yardage we will be playing? Maybe I'm just losing my mind because it's Friday, but I thought I remember reading this somewhere before. Thanks!

Something special is about to be unveiled. Stay tuned to the THP Forum for the video.

Dr Teeth - great write up!! Thoughtful analysis, even if Team DDAD is an underdog.

Something special is about to be unveiled. Stay tuned to the THP Forum for the video.

Can't wait to see what it is.

Great writeup Dr Teeth - I enjoyed reading that!!

Yeah I think OEM is going to be the deciding factor on this match! If he plays well, then it is going to be very tough for Team Paradise to get the win!

Oh Lord, now I can't get in my afternoon nap, JB has gone and posted another teaser.

I will say this CB, as I looked over the first round matchups I do think you and CG13 will be victorious in your match, which is good. The bad news is that will be the only match Team Hackers wins that day. Precidtion Paradise up 3-1 after day one!!

haha - team paradise supporter predicting the upset. gotta love it.

Got some good Morgan Cup preparation in yesterday. I didn't play all that well, in fact I played like :poop:. However It was a great opportunity to get to meet and play with Arydolphin. We got to know each other's game a little bit, we spent some time on the range and short game area. It was a fun day. The course we played was pretty difficult, esp for the 1st time playing it. It may be a good one to go back to at some point because it was a lot of fun to play. On the back 9 there is a par 5 that reads 578 yards from the tee. I hit a 3w(gps'd at 298, yeah that's right!) and then a 2nd 3w to end up just off the green to the right side. Not to be out done Ary stepped up and hit a driver(gps 358) and then a 23 degree hybrid to the green. Coolbreeze and Mr. Guarantee, we are ready for you.

your team is so confusing. first of all - your captain invented "ranch" not team hackers. 2nd: you say im hyper-active and jumping all over the place - needing adderol or ritalin or whatever, and in the same thread say im a slow player?!? I just dont understand your train of thoughts.

Also: that video is a perfect example of Team Paradise. All talk - no game. Did you girls even hit a ball? all talk....

Got some good Morgan Cup preparation in yesterday. I didn't play all that well, in fact I played like :poop:. However It was a great opportunity to get to meet and play with Arydolphin. We got to know each other's game a little bit, we spent some time on the range and short game area. It was a fun day. The course we played was pretty difficult, esp for the 1st time playing it. It may be a good one to go back to at some point because it was a lot of fun to play. On the back 9 there is a par 5 that reads 578 yards from the tee. I hit a 3w(gps'd at 298, yeah that's right!) and then a 2nd 3w to end up just off the green to the right side. Not to be out done Ary stepped up and hit a driver(gps 358) and then a 23 degree hybrid to the green. Coolbreeze and Mr. Guarantee, we are ready for you.

Also: that video is a perfect example of Team Paradise. All talk - no game. Did you girls even hit a ball? all talk....

skimmer - takes his time on shots, but doesn't take time to read

love the breakdown!!!

so two team paradise supporters have Coolbreeze and I winning both times.

Love it!

skimmer - takes his time on shots, but doesn't take time to read

hehe i know i read it all - i meant in the video: no video evidence of a golf swing :)

even with my new "zen" practice for shot preparation: I got around the front nine in 1 hour 18 mins yesterday.

on 13 we caught two foursomes and had to wait for the greens to clear on every hole.

Our time? 3 hours 26 mins.

i guess thats slow play in team paradise eyes?

Yes i take time to visualize my shot, yes i take time lining up putts - but i am not a slow player. But keep on thinking whatever you like, Dr Teeth had the pleasure of observing my iron game and putting on the champ course:

when the putter was warm - i was draining putts all day- and i had birdie putts on two par3's of the Bear Trap.

I hope you two are ready. Even your supporters know you are doomed.

Dr. Teeth...you say Coolbreeze is a "giant" at 6'4". Well, I'm 6'5" and I've played with Ary. Don't start counting your chickens yet. :)

You guys see the awesome MC trophy?

MCTrophy.jpg

You guys see the awesome MC trophy?

MCTrophy.jpg

Yea it's magnificent

Haha didn't see the nameplates in tapatalk-

Take a pic- it's the closest those names willcome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back