The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of doubt that myself. You can play....that's pretty clear from that swing. I have a feeling our paths will cross at some point in the matches too, should be fun.

I'm looking forward to it. Would be a good battle for sure.

Nice write up Esox.

Finally a little golf talk. I love the last few pages. Tough for me to make predictions because I haven't played with anyone in the event.

It seems clear that TC and AHA should perform well. JRod and DDawg67 have the young guy fluid swings that I envy. I've teased Coolbreeze about a weight shift, but he actually smacked the crap out those wiffle balls with a fine swing. Sounds like AD hits a ton of fairways. CG13 sure works hard, and OEM sounds like he's getting back into the swing of things. I get the feeling JRod may be tough as nails. I think Coolbreeze is cool enough to handle himself when the lights go on. That will be the key for the others, too, but I don't have a good enough read to make more definitive comments. Not near a good enough read to predict someone is going to fail.

On my team, it's obvious biggsy is fiercely competitive, and really intense. I expect him to do really well, but he's going to want it so bad, he may need to take a step back and take a breath a time or two during each round. I hope he doesn't mind my saying that. Since I'm old I'll take the liberty to remind him when we're there.

Rbelbin is another young dude with a swing I wish I had. From the shots I've seen him hit on video, and from what I know of him from emails, there's not much holding him back. I think he's ready to go really low, like 68 or 69 low, he just needs to believe he can do it. Start thinking you can birdie every hole young Jedi, because the way you hit it, you can do it. Hit the damn thing in there and walk up there knowing you can make it.

Jake takes some heat for his "FL record". Another guy that really wants it. I hope to get him in a practice round and make him laugh. I hope he doesn't press down there. You can tell there's some serious intensity there, and he's going to want to do really, really, well.

Yoocos is going to rock it down there and play better than he probably thinks he can. Because he really seems to know how to have fun. And that's exactly what he should do. If he has fun and doesn't worry about much else. He'll be fine. we're going to have a blast in the first match.

Ary has really stepped it up in the forum, and I think it's starting to come more naturally. He's another guy I hope has fun. That swing looks damn good.

Ddec seems to have the right attitude. Not wound too tight from what I can tell. If he's focused on the course with the swing I've seen, he could be a real sleeper.

One-T. I suspect he might be a lot better than everyone knows. This could be his deal.

Me? I'm most worried about the heat.

Pretty vague stuff I know, but I don't know anyone personally. Thise are just some impressions I have. There are five or six swings in this 16 man group that in my opinion are really, really good on the videos I've seen. They look like swings that can put up some good scores. A few guys will shine.

Kevin

Great write up Esox, during my 72 hole weekend of Morgan Cup prep this weekend I'm going to take a bunch of video. This is going to be good practice time.

Finally a little golf talk. I love the last few pages. Tough for me to make predictions because I haven't played with anyone in the event.

It seems clear that TC and AHA should perform well. JRod and DDawg67 have the young guy fluid swings that I envy. I've teased Coolbreeze about a weight shift, but he actually smacked the crap out those wiffle balls with a fine swing. Sounds like AD hits a ton of fairways. CG13 sure works hard, and OEM sounds like he's getting back into the swing of things. I get the feeling JRod may be tough as nails. I think Coolbreeze is cool enough to handle himself when the lights go on. That will be the key for the others, too, but I don't have a good enough read to make more definitive comments. Not near a good enough read to predict someone is going to fail.

On my team, it's obvious biggsy is fiercely competitive, and really intense. I expect him to do really well, but he's going to want it so bad, he may need to take a step back and take a breath a time or two during each round. I hope he doesn't mind my saying that. Since I'm old I'll take the liberty to remind him when we're there.

Rbelbin is another young dude with a swing I wish I had. From the shots I've seen him hit on video, and from what I know of him from emails, there's not much holding him back. I think he's ready to go really low, like 68 or 69 low, he just needs to believe he can do it. Start thinking you can birdie every hole young Jedi, because the way you hit it, you can do it. Hit the damn thing in there and walk up there knowing you can make it.

Jake takes some heat for his "FL record". Another guy that really wants it. I hope to get him in a practice round and make him laugh. I hope he doesn't press down there. You can tell there's some serious intensity there, and he's going to want to do really, really, well.

Yoocos is going to rock it down there and play better than he probably thinks he can. Because he really seems to know how to have fun. And that's exactly what he should do. If he has fun and doesn't worry about much else. He'll be fine. we're going to have a blast in the first match.

Ary has really stepped it up in the forum, and I think it's starting to come more naturally. He's another guy I hope has fun. That swing looks damn good.

Ddec seems to have the right attitude. Not wound too tight from what I can tell. If he's focused on the course with the swing I've seen, he could be a real sleeper.

One-T. I suspect he might be a lot better than everyone knows. This could be his deal.

Me? I'm most worried about the heat.

Pretty vague stuff I know, but I don't know anyone personally. Thise are just some impressions I have. There are five or six swings in this 16 man group that in my opinion are really, really good on the videos I've seen. They look like swings that can put up some good scores. A few guys will shine.

Kevin
Practice round or not we'll be hanging out and there will be lots of laughs, I know that already. You're right about your statement there, last weekend my best round of the week (and of my life coincidentally) came when I made the decision to just get out there and free wheel it more. Staying loose and having fun is when I play my best.

Looking forward to it man...a 72 hold weekend sounds pretty awesome after the work week I've been having!

Great write up Esox, during my 72 hole weekend of Morgan Cup prep this weekend I'm going to take a bunch of video. This is going to be good practice time.

Whats funny is we have the worlds biggest Wal-Mart right here in Victoria BC, apparently there is one almost complete or just complete in NY that will beat it out, but it just opened and its ENORMOUS! The wal-marts we had before were big, but it was a big joke around here that our small Canadian City, has/had the worlds biggest walmart.

I seriously had no idea if Canada had Wal-Mart or not! That is really funny that you have the biggest Wal-Mart in the world there. FWIW, I try to avoid Wal-Marts at all costs, they are just full of craziness.

Great write up Kevin. The heat will be brutal, but the Adidas gear should help. AD and I will try and get you back in the clubhouse early saturday morning.

Nice CB, that's a grind. I am playing a tournament tomorrow morn, 18 after and 36 Sunday. Saturday is free so far, but I feel a good range session in the works.

I thought the match that had to happen was me vs. Mr. Yappy from Ohio?

Yea if I were you I'd be begging to take on a guy 4 handicap PTS behind me. Big of you- do you always challenge yourself this hard?

Pathetic

Kevin, the heat will be brutal, just hydrate way in advance. I played 27 today around 100* in Nebraska with little breeze. 38/41/...50 hahaha. Yes, the course won, or was it the beer?

Last edited:
I've noticed there is a lot of talk about length off the tee. While length is great and all, I just want to sink some putts.

Yea if I were you I'd be begging to take on a guy 4 handicap PTS behind me. Big of you- do you always challenge yourself this hard?

Pathetic

Pathetic? You've been calling me out since the teams were announced, and everyone else has been planning for it, I thought I'd state the obvious.

I've noticed there is a lot of talk about length off the tee. While length is great and all, I just want to sink some putts.

Doesn't mean squat really, in fact sometimes in can be a real PITA, I would rather be 100 yards out than some goofy distance like 55 yards where I have to carry a bunker to a tucked pin.

I think that length will be more important on the Nicklaus course than the Watson course. That being said, you are right, match play is usually decided by which team has the hotter putters.

Ah yes...the putter...the great equalizer.

Doesn't mean squat really, in fact sometimes in can be a real PITA, I would rather be 100 yards out than some goofy distance like 55 yards where I have to carry a bunker to a tucked pin.

I think, at least on the Watson course, that length will not be much of a factor given the tees we'll be playing for the first two rounds.

I think, at least on the Watson course, that length will not be much of a factor given the tees we'll be playing for the first two rounds.

Agreed. Of course if the wind kicks up it could make a big difference.

Nice analysis Kevin. When we played our match on Sunday we teed off at 7:10 am and finished at 8:20 pm, with a 45 minute break between matches. It was hot, not Florida hot, but hot enough. I'm 56 and my partner was/is 59. We defeated a couple of mid-20 year olds. You'll do fine if you stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water even if you don't feel thirsty. Don't eat big lunch, something light, and during the matches stick with bananas and energy bars.

Lots to catch up on and I getlost in multiquote at times with multi pages. Plus just being I woke up from a short siesta I have no idea whats going on.

I read the recaps and I love the honesty and thought put into them. Lots of trash talk in this thread but as TC mentioned we are all friends and just want to make this weekend special for everyone.

Ill throw some thoughts up on video at some point soon. While I've been joking around a lot, I pay a lot of attention to what everyone is doing, shooting and swinging. I was ninja like in getting any info I could at the outing as well. I'm off to practice! Haha.

Lots to catch up on and I getlost in multiquote at times with multi pages. Plus just being I woke up from a short siesta I have no idea whats going on.

I read the recaps and I love the honesty and thought put into them. Lots of trash talk in this thread but as TC mentioned we are all friends and just want to make this weekend special for everyone.

Ill throw some thoughts up on video at some point soon. While I've been joking around a lot, I pay a lot of attention to what everyone is doing, shooting and swinging. I was ninja like in getting any info I could at the outing as well. I'm off to practice! Haha.

You sneaky Ninja, you`re MST is crazy, you`re just gettin up and going to the range? Is it Friday there or Saturday?

Agreed. Of course if the wind kicks up it could make a big difference.

Very true. I've requested a light breeze for that weekend. We'll see how that goes...

Tuesday buddy.

I know man, I hate napping... Fact is my hours at work are early and I'm not an early to bed type. Been killing me lately lol. Que the violins please.

You sneaky Ninja, you`re MST is crazy, you`re just gettin up and going to the range? Is it Friday there or Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back