The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome CB. I am still pondering what irons to go with as well, but will have it narrowed down tomorrow afternoon after I go to the golf shop.

Wow you guys are slow, put in the request about 3 hours after the message ;)

Tappin the keg!

Yeah ball flight with x100 was lower, but the KBS tour stiff were AHA style... just like butter

Not the KBS tour 90s the normal ones.

Is that what you ended up going with (the KBS Tour Stiff)?

Yup. I hit them the best of all the options at my fitting.

Nice! It is a fantastic shaft, but I'm a little surprised that with your clubhead speed it doesn't launch too high for you. Like others have said, that's what fitting is for. Glad you found something you like.

Nice! It is a fantastic shaft, but I'm a little surprised that with your clubhead speed it doesn't launch too high for you. Like others have said, that's what fitting is for. Glad you found something you like.

Yeah it did. But I don't really swing at my irons really hard.

Tappin the keg!

Tappin the keg!

Three hours? Why so slow :act-up: Think mine was in within the hour.

Tappin the keg!

haha, I was all set about a week ago, but the thought for some forgiveness has crept into my mind. I was also fit for x100's, but want to give the shaft optimizer a go. If you're going with KBS stiff, then maybe I should prob be swinging regular flex:act-up:

KBS tours gave me the second best numbers and I liked them, but compared the the PX`s it was night and day.

KBS tours gave me the second best numbers and I liked them, but compared the the PX`s it was night and day.

I get good numbers with the PX as well CB. I just love the feel and the numbers of the KBS. Best of both worlds is the PX graphite

Did any specific numbers change from the KBS to the PX or was everything just better?

I get good numbers with the PX as well CB. I just love the feel and the numbers of the KBS. Best of both worlds is the PX graphite

Ya its funny CL, I thought I would hate the extra weight of the PX 6.0 but I loved it. Plus the dispersion with the PX was just so much better than anything else, if thats going to be my miss than its going to be a good weekend of golf at the MC.

haha, I was all set about a week ago, but the thought for some forgiveness has crept into my mind. I was also fit for x100's, but want to give the shaft optimizer a go. If you're going with KBS stiff, then maybe I should prob be swinging regular flex:act-up:

Dude go with the fitting results. I do NOT hit irons far at all. PW is 135, 5 iron is 190-200+

Tappin the keg!

Did any specific numbers change from the KBS to the PX or was everything just better?

Yes the dispersion numbers were much better, and I was getting less spin with the Project X. It just started to climb and then climb and climb, but you could tell that it was spinning much less than the KBS tours which started to climb and then abrumptly would launch really high in the air.

Yes the dispersion numbers were much better, and I was getting less spin with the Project X. It just started to climb and then climb and climb, but you could tell that it was spinning much less than the KBS tours which started to climb and then abrumptly would launch really high in the air.

It will never cease to amaze me how much of a difference a shaft that fits your game can make.

It will never cease to amaze me how much of a difference a shaft that fits your game can make.

Ive never been fitted for shafts ever just a lie angle test once. I'm hopefully going to be looking at a new set of irons next year once tax money comes in :)

No golf for me tomorrow, stupid wedding to go to. I will be playing a match both on Sunday and again on Monday night though.

Tappin the keg!

I think it's amazing that you can take the same iron head and ball, and just by changing the shafts you can see some crazy discrepancies. I wanted the PX's to work out best for me (mostly b/c I'm a Phil homer) but they didn't. I agree with AHA, it's just freaking mind boggling.

Where do you guys go to get all these launch monitor numbers and test everything? your local clubs or a golf store? My home course has the Mizuno fitting system but idk what all is included in that.

I think it's amazing that you can take the same iron head and ball, and just by changing the shafts you can see some crazy discrepancies. I wanted the PX's to work out best for me (mostly b/c I'm a Phil homer) but they didn't. I agree with AHA, it's just freaking mind boggling.

Yeah I love the PX driver shaft and figured the iron shaft would also be great, but it was the opposite. I could not hit it al all. I urge everyone to get a proper fitting. Worth every penny

Tappin the keg!

No golf for me tomorrow, stupid wedding to go to. I will be playing a match both on Sunday and again on Monday night though.

Tappin the keg!

lol, same issue here with a wedding tomorrow. I have no desire to go, but for some reason my wife wants to and it's not even on her side of the family.

Where do you guys go to get all these launch monitor numbers and test everything? your local clubs or a golf store? My home course has the Mizuno fitting system but idk what all is included in that.

Golf Tour Trailer in Warrenton and at 1757 golf club is where I went for a fitting. I am going to Fredericksburg Golf Center tomorrow to try the shaft optimizer.

lol, same issue here with a wedding tomorrow. I have no desire to go, but for some reason my wife wants to and it's not even on her side of the family.

It is my wife's youngest cousin getting hitched. So we have to go.

Also, and I am sure I'll catch flack for this, bit we are going to see Harry potter in the morning, but at least we got free tickets. I'd rather be golfing. ;)

Tappin the keg!

I've already had 2 weddings this month. Ruined my golf weekends

just tap it in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back