The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my wife's youngest cousin getting hitched. So we have to go.

Also, and I am sure I'll catch flack for this, bit we are going to see Harry potter in the morning, but at least we got free tickets. I'd rather be golfing. ;)

Tappin the keg!

Don't LIE!!!!!!! lol

Wow what happened in here today. One-T got a little rambunctious I see.

I apologize for my 8 hours of absence sir I was busy playing Doogie Howser. I'm back and ready for duty.

Golf Tour Trailer in Warrenton and at 1757 golf club is where I went for a fitting. I am going to Fredericksburg Golf Center tomorrow to try the shaft optimizer.

Did you drop the cash for a fitting there? Thats the range I practice at. You in the Warrenton area?

Ive never been fitted for shafts ever just a lie angle test once. I'm hopefully going to be looking at a new set of irons next year once tax money comes in :)

Make sure you get fitted for the next set...makes a huge difference.

I think it's amazing that you can take the same iron head and ball, and just by changing the shafts you can see some crazy discrepancies. I wanted the PX's to work out best for me (mostly b/c I'm a Phil homer) but they didn't.

It's like a secret that lots of (most?) amateur golfers have not yet discovered.

Where do you guys go to get all these launch monitor numbers and test everything? your local clubs or a golf store? My home course has the Mizuno fitting system but idk what all is included in that.

Most big box stores have launch monitors these days...Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, Dick's, etc. Lots of places also have the Mizuno shaft optimizer which can also be a good place to start to at least narrow down the shaft search a bit before hitting on the launch monitor.

It is my wife's youngest cousin getting hitched. So we have to go.

Also, and I am sure I'll catch flack for this, bit we are going to see Harry potter in the morning, but at least we got free tickets. I'd rather be golfing. ;)

Tappin the keg!

I can think of 100 things I'd rather do then see Harry Potter...golfing would definitely top the list.

We went from talking about coolbreeze getting a shaft fitting to harry potter to weddings. What is this turning into, a dang lifetime movie channel ultimate weekend...this is golf people...golf!

--
tapatalk

Ive never been fitted for shafts ever just a lie angle test once. I'm hopefully going to be looking at a new set of irons next year once tax money comes in :)

By the way, make sure you check out the Callaway Razr line in your iron search...you won't be sorry you did.

We went from talking about coolbreeze getting a shaft fitting to harry potter to weddings. What is this turning into, a dang lifetime movie channel ultimate weekend...this is golf people...golf!

--
tapatalk

Sorry - TEAM HACKERS sucks and will lose the Morgan Cup by a score of 0-16. Better?

Tappin the keg!

By the way, make sure you check out the Callaway Razr line in your iron search...you won't be sorry you did.

I'll be checking everything next year. I don't really like real fat cavity irons but haven't hit Blades yet either and don't think i want to. Maybe a combo where the 8, 9, pw is a blade but rest cavity back. Have to see if any new releases are coming out by then as well.

I'll be checking everything next year. I don't really like real fat cavity irons but haven't hit Blades yet either and don't think i want to. Maybe a combo where the 8, 9, pw is a blade but rest cavity back. Have to see if any new releases are coming out by then as well.

That has the sound of Razr X tours written all over it.

Sorry - TEAM HACKERS sucks and will lose the Morgan Cup by a score of 0-16. Better?

Tappin the keg!

much, thanks :)

--
tapatalk

See below.

That has the sound of Razr X tours written all over it.

What he said.

Plus, these days you can basically order any combination of irons if you want a mixed set.

See below.

What he said.

Plus, these days you can basically order any combination of irons if you want a mixed set.

Sounds like MC`s to me, mixed in with some MB`s maybe.

I will keep my thoughts to myself as to what irons UNCFan should look at due to this being The MC Thread. But what he said he was looking for fits a certain iron to a T.

This is true. Have to see what type of deals my head pro can get as well. He use to be on Nike staff but think he switched to Mizuno. I don't wanna spend a fortune but it will be a good investment if i keep them for years.

This is true. Have to see what type of deals my head pro can get as well. He use to be on Nike staff but think he switched to Mizuno. I don't wanna spend a fortune but it will be a good investment if i keep them for years.

We haven't found out what the TM staffers have selected yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if a of them end up with a mixed set of irons.

I will keep my thoughts to myself as to what irons UNCFan should look at due to this being The MC Thread. But what he said he was looking for fits a certain iron to a T.

Thanks captain obvious. You are such a homer. :D

Thanks captain obvious. You are such a homer. :D

Lol I am aren't I. A month ago I would have been saying a different iron! What can I say. I like everything I hit

Lol I am aren't I. A month ago I would have been saying a different iron! What can I say. I like everything I hit

Thats true! I`d ask you to help me with my pondering but you`re useless.

Sniff. But I really do love them

Make your iron picks please...the quicker you do, the quicker we have them in hand. You've known this day was coming.

I was looking at something very similar to this. Went in a different direction. Went with a C-Taper 130 X shaft to lower the flight. I love the KBS shafts. The 130s I have now were a real game changer for me. The iron shaft fitting really helped me out.

--
tapatalk

Did you ever make your video?

Did you ever make your video?

It's "processing" now. I love the flip but the software is horrendous for making a video...or I'm just illiterate :p

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back