The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Morgan Cup

THP, Callaway Golf and TaylorMade/adidas Golf are giving a Tour Player experience to 16 golfers in the ultimate amateur golf event.

*WE KNOW THIS IS A LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BECAUSE THERE IS VITAL INFORMATION REGARDING REGISTRATION*

1191361064_gx7xY-M-2.jpg

The Hackers Paradise will be holding an event that is like none other before it. A weekend of competitive golf where golfers will get a tour like experience and be a part of a team and staff like most have dreamed of for years.

When & Where
Friday, August 19 - Sunday, August 21, 2011
Orlando, FL

The Courses
Reunion Resort is the only destination in the world to boast three Signature golf courses designed by legends Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson. Combining the beauty of their natural landscaping with unique and challenging layouts, these courses have won numerous awards and followers over the years.

Match Play Team Event
Sixteen golfers will have the ability to compete in this weekend event and there will be two teams of 8. Each team will be complete with a team captain that will become the center piece for each roster. It will be their job to set lineups, make changes and work with their teammates to come up with the winning formula. Teams will compete in 3 rounds of golf over 2 full days.

Video & Scoring
On the home page of THP during the event, there will be both video and scoring updates. You will see player interviews, company information, and actual course gameplay taking place before your eyes. There will also be a scoring feature where you will be able to follow along with the matches and see who is playing and what team is coming out on top.

Qualifying Criteria
While THP stands for all skill levels of golfers, an event like this must have some limitations. Therefore to qualify for this competition you must be an 18 handicap or better at the time of registration. While we never want to eliminate people based on level of play, this is a competition and in the end, that must take precedent. THP believes in the honor system as it pertains to handicaps and if you say you are an 18 handicap or better, we respect that and take you at your word, however please remember that the level of fair play rests in your honesty.

This is only open to active forum members. To qualify for this event, you must have a minimum post count of 500 including 50 in the last 30 days. These must be relevant posts to the forum and not just one liners to get your post count up. If you do not have this many posts, you have plenty of time to get there before signup.

This is an amateur competition, if you are currently on staff with any companies through sponsorship or endorsement, you will not be able to compete in this event.

Tour Experience
Each golfer that competes will be sponsored by THP in conjunction with a major company for the weekend of golf. The competing golfers will sign on with THP for the weekend and will be sponsored in full. Their contract is made up like this.

Staff Bag - Each golfer will be using a bag with the company logo.
Hat and/or Visor - Each golfer will be wearing the logo on their hat/visor.
14 clubs - Full 14 club deal is in effect. You must play all 14 clubs for the event.
Full scripted apparel - Scripted outfits chosen by the company for each day of competition.
Footwear - One pair of golf shoes to go with the scripted outfits.
Golf Ball - Playing the company branded golf ball best suited for your game.
Accessories - Gloves and eyewear make up the final sponsorship.

Each golfer will be required to sign a contract.

Golfers that are able to be part of this competition will get fit for the brand before the event takes place. THP will then work with the sponsoring company, as well as the golfer to determine the best possible equipment, apparel and accessory combination for each player..

At the end of the Morgan Cup, each sponsored golfer will get to keep their entire sponsorship package.

Media
Being a tour pro for a company like TaylorMade Golf or Callaway Golf is not just about the equipment, apparel and accessories. With the logo and contract comes commitments and those are the promos that will be done. Each golfer will be responsible for shooting multiple promotional videos shot by THP as well as many interviews during the competition conducted on the items that you are using.

The Companies
Callaway Golf and TaylorMade/adidas Golf will be sponsoring this event and each company will have 8 golfers that make up their THP staff. This is not team Callaway vs team TaylorMade, as both teams will have four "staffers" on each roster.

Each company is thrilled and delighted to be working with both THP and their new weekend staff and we cannot thank them enough for being involved.

Schedule
Friday Practice Day: This day is used to get used to your new gear. Full day of range time complete with unlimited range balls. Work with your new gear to get it dialed in and at the same time work with the media director to make sure all staff obligations are taken care of such as interviews, promotional videos and more.

Friday Evening: THP Dinner. This will be held at THP HQ and will be a fun time to relax and unwind as well as talk with fellow competitors over the tour life experienced in day one.

Saturday 36 Holes: Morning round will be two rounds of competition that will take place on Saturday. Captains will work with their respective rosters and put together what works best and then there is an 18 hole competition. There will be a break for lunch and then another 18 Hole Competition.

Morning Round - Two man team scramble. Each foursome will consist of two players from each team competing against each other. After each shot, the best of the two shots is selected and both players play from that spot, until the ball is holed. One team score is recorded.

Afternoon Round - Four Ball. All four players play their own ball throughout; at the end of each hole, the low score between the two partners on each team is that team's score.

Sunday 18 Holes: Singles. Players compete in a singles matchup.

Sunday Evening: The Morgan Cup trophy ceremony for the winning team.

All golfers will be playing from the same tee boxes to be determined by THP.

Teams & Captains
There are two teams competing head to head against each other and those are Team Hackers & Team Paradise. Each team is captained by a golfer and it is their responsibility to set rosters and match ups and make sure that their team has the best possible chance at winning. Their role as a captain will also be to assist in organizing their team for interviews.

It was a tough process to choose captains and THP has made the decision that forum members TC and biggsy would each be captaining a respective team. This of course leaves 7 spots available for each team. Teams will be determined by THP based on handicap and other factors.

Cost For Event
The cost for the event is $399 and here is what is included.
All greens fees & cart fees for competitive rounds
All range balls for the weekend
THP Dinner
Full Scripted Outfits (3 of them)
Headwear for each outfit
1 pair of golf shoes
Accessories (gloves & eyewear)
Staff Bag
Golf Balls for your play
All 14 clubs
Trophies for the winning team

This cost does not include lodging. This is not a stay & play event, you are free to stay wherever you would like, although we recommend Reunion Resort.

Signing Up

Signing up is very easy, you will send an email to golfergal@thehackersparadise.com letting her know you would like to participate. She will then send an email to one person at a time, in the order they were received, letting them know they qualified and how to continue and pay for their spot. Once the 14 spots are filled, we will notify the forum. You must wait until March 15th at 2pm EST and for us to make the post letting everybody know that signup is open before sending in your email.

Come Enjoy The Action
While only 16 golfers will be competing in the THP competition, there is always room for more THP'ers to join in on the fun. Come down walk the fairways, watch the action, assist in the performance aspect of it, play the same courses the event is held on (if staying on property) and of course partake in the rest of the festivities.

The Teams

Team Hackers
Lucas Calloway
Andrew Aurand
Ryan Staples
Ben Kember
Donne Willingham
Matthew Buemi
Jarrod Krug
Kevin McNiel

Team Paradise
John Biggs
Kevin Dunn
Ryan Belbin
Jason Kunze
Jarret Calloway
Amol Yajnik
Dean DeCrescenzo
Marc Gradillas

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW

wow this is great. Biggsy and TC will be great captains. I'm really interested in this. Nerfny is going over money with me right now haha

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I really want in, congrats TC and biggsy, great captain choices.

Wow... I'm so speachless and just in shock. It is so scary to think that I could possibly be a part of this. As far as an email goes the first 14 to email get the spots?

Awesome opportunity. Wow. 399 is such a low price I can't believe it.

From the iPhone.

This is so great..Calendar date has been set!!!
Way to go THP!!!

So is it first come first served then if you want in?

This friggin ROCKS!!!!! Way to go THP, Callawy and Taylormade!!

while my golf skilz are not up to the task, i would love to attend this shindig. Super cool!

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! My wife just said "I wish I could take a picture of your face right now." She's right, I'm like a kid in a candy shop. This is going to be epic. Thanks to THP and the sponsoring companies for making this possible!!!

Awesome!!! I am not sure I can knock down my handicap 6 or 7 shots in a month but I am going to try my best!!! Good luck to those who get to partake in this great event!!! Excellent choice for captains as well!!!

Wow... I'm so speachless and just in shock. It is so scary to think that I could possibly be a part of this. As far as an email goes the first 14 to email get the spots?

Theoretically yes. However, it's not just about sending the email. Once I get the email I will respond back with instructions on how to pay. They will have 1 hour to pay and if they do not then they will lose their spot. So the first 14 people to pay are the ones who get in but it will all be based on first come first serve with the email. I hope that helps clarify that a bit.

Information overload! The first thing I notice is that I need to take 3+ stroke off my cap in about a month! EEEEEKKKK

I'm not asking any questions, YET! Way too much to digest.

This is without question the coolest thing I have ever had even a glimmer of hope of being involved in. Thank you again to THP, JB, GG, TC TaylorMade, and Callaway!

Wow is right, to bad my handicap is no where near low enough. Just unreal that THP has been able to put this all together for the lucky 16.

Teriffic! Hey GG I hope your server has a good breakfast that morning! :)

Very cool, stuff. It's like THP fantasy camp. Way to go THP, TM, and Callaway.

What an event!!! Extremely well thought-out. TC and Biggsy are great captains for the event. Congrats to THP, Callaway Golf, TaylorMade Golf, and Reunion Resort for being involved in such a groundbreaking event!!!

You better believe that I will be sending my entry as soon as I am allowed to do so.

Also, congrats to TC and biggsy...I'm sure they'll be great captains!

This sounds simply amazing. Looks like I need to do a lot of posting.

Posting a wow again... This will definitely be an anxious wait until that day. The spots will fill up lightening fast. Thank you THP, Taylormade and Callaway golf for setting this up. I'm nervous already on whether or not my email is is going to be a lucky one!!! WOW!!!!!

I may be misunderstanding the process. Do we enter, get picked by one of the captains and then pay? Or do we pay and then get picked?

Theoretically yes. However, it's not just about sending the email. Once I get the email I will respond back with instructions on how to pay. They will have 1 hour to pay and if they do not then they will lose their spot. So the first 14 people to pay are the ones who get in but it will all be based on first come first serve with the email. I hope that helps clarify that a bit.

I may be misunderstanding the process. Do we enter, get picked by one of the captains and then pay? Or do we pay and then get picked?

Please see above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back