The Morgan Cup will Return in 2020

love the driver.....

fairways look real good, and while I wasn't a huge fan of the f8, i know these are a different animal and really wanting to try them out. I feel I would be more geared to the King Speed zone. Decent profile, low cg to help raise that launch (what I need in the FW) and has the matte finish it looks like haha.

hybrids same as fairways for me, but finally found a hybrid I love (the g410), so would be interested to see how these compete/go up against that.

Irons are interesting.... haha for sure not my typical style, but hey, I moved into a more bulky/forgiving iron set this year with the Apex pros so who knows, I could continue that trend :devilish:

love the driver.....

fairways look real good, and while I wasn't a huge fan of the f8, i know these are a different animal and really wanting to try them out. I feel I would be more geared to the King Speed zone. Decent profile, low cg to help raise that launch (what I need in the FW) and has the matte finish it looks like haha.

hybrids same as fairways for me, but finally found a hybrid I love (the g410), so would be interested to see how these compete/go up against that.

Irons are interesting.... haha for sure not my typical style, but hey, I moved into a more bulky/forgiving iron set this year with the Apex pros so who knows, I could continue that trend :devilish:

You should read through the article on the home page and check out that video. Some good info in there.

You should read through the article on the home page and check out that video. Some good info in there.

I did watch the tech video with Dan. Really enjoyed it, but for some reason I couldn’t hear it very well so I’m going to have to rewatch it. i’ll admit I did briefly skimm through the driver article, But I read thoroughly your first post on the fairway wood/hybrid thread. Those do excite me, I’ve just always had a weird thing with the rails on the bottom. The F8 was great when I hit it well and certainly off the tea, but off the deck for some reason mentally I just felt like I couldn’t get a good contact consistently due to the rails. I know it was all mental and not because of the design. I just for somebut I read thoroughly your first post on the fairway wood/hybrid thread. Those do excite me, I’ve just always had a weird thing with the rails on the bottom. The F8 was great when I hit it well and certainly off the tea, but off the deck for some reason mentally I just felt like I couldn’t get a good contact consistently due to the rails. I know it was all mental and not because of the design. I I really am looking forward to hitting the lineup though.

Where do I get more information about this?? Getting good reviews on here.

Where do I get more information about this?? Getting good reviews on here.

Full details will be coming very soon. Here are the details from this year's event to get an idea of what is taking place.

Morgan Cup excitement was already mega high but all the new club release info today jacks it to a totally different level!

I'm hoping this is the setup that has me gaming a FWY vs the Thriver setup that I've adored the past few years.
I think this is the setup that actually opens the door for a 4w for me (which is a dynamic lofted Canadan 5w lol).

I think this is the setup that actually opens the door for a 4w for me (which is a dynamic lofted Canadan 5w lol).

dynamic lofted 5w haha

i’ll ask this in the driver thread as well but are the w

@jdtox ....in the spirit of Team Paradise...

Here is me today...

Holy moly on the club releases. Just made it through the driver and man oh man. I’ll be back in a bit once I finish reading the rest of the articles.

With today's press releases on the new Speedback lines, this event is going to be completely off the chain. I want in this bad. REALLY bad!

I

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking about set up today with these new Cobra drivers and fairways.

The top of the bags are going to be sick.

I'm going to be curious who goes with the forgiveness of the extreme. Pushing the limits of moi is awesome.

The fairway and hybrid setups are going to be so interesting to see. The big tour I think is going to be in a lot of bags. I'm hoping we see some 7 woods again as well. Hybrids going up to 5h should also be inter to see where people make the switch to headcovers.

The speedzone irons I'm guessing are going to be another hit. But the forged tec also look great. Someone better get blades again....

The wedges still are the best black wedges I've ever used. Hope the MIM lineup gets extended since the widelow is probably my favorite grind in golf and the classic is so well done.

To those fortunate enough to get selected for this event, the gear is great but the people are even better.

Sitting here running through what I “think” my bag would look like if I got the chance to get in to MC 2020 and it’s getting me kind of giddy haha.

Between the Forged Tecs and the Speedzone driver/fairway woods, this is going to be an epic year for the Morgan Cup! Seriously mind-blowing what Cobra is releasing this year!

Pre fitting thoughts:

Driver Speedzone SZ Gloss Yellow 10.5* Head with PX Smoke Yellow

Big Tour FWY 13.5* HZRDUS Red

Speedzone Tour 4 FWY

TRail 4i with Catalyst 85 6.0 18.5*

Forged Tec w/ DG105 4-PW OL

Cobra MIM Wedges 50/54/58

Will drop putter for this setup - the Tour FWY and TRail are interchangeable. Could possibly add hybo instead of either or.
T rail were underrated.... I hit a couple great 4i shots at Hammock.... shaft you suggest would be great option for me too!

Edit: Started to think about the Cobra releases and this is how I'd go:

Driver Speedzone SZ yellow 10.5 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver
3/4FW SpeedZone SZ tour PX black 85
17* hybrid Speedzone TT AMT White - black
4i T Rail TT AMT white - black
Speedzone irons 5-GW TT DG 120 S400
MIM Cobra wedges DG 120 S400 +1"
Cobra Connect grips all around (jumbo) or wrap build ups

Last edited:
Finally... we can talk about the SZs. Geez. Sicker than F9. And F9 was pretty freaking sick. Technically speaking. Really, really looking forward to teeing it up with 14 THPers in Utah, sharing life & golf stories, knocking back a cocktail and watching the sun set on another Team Hacker victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love the driver.....

You gotta give the SZ irons a shot. I went from Forged TECs to F9s and gained; distance, height and consistency. SZs are even better.

Finally... we can talk about the SZs. Geez. Sicker than F9. And F9 was pretty freaking sick. Technically speaking. Really, really looking forward to teeing it up with 14 THPers in Utah, sharing life & golf stories, knocking back a cocktail and watching the sun set on another Team Hacker victory.

Master Yags! You and your Cobra teammates have blown it out of the water! Congratulations on the new releases all around! Can't wait to see these in my local PGATSS so I can have a go! Pre-order thoughts already in play!

The 2020 Morgan Cup is going to be another phenomenal experience with yesterday’s bombshells dropped by Cobra. I can just hear the giggling already from the range on Day 1.

You gotta give the SZ irons a shot. I went from Forged TECs to F9s and gained; distance, height and consistency. SZs are even better.

Oooh height for me is not a bad thing haha.

and I guess if the man himself is giving me advice, I have to take it and at least try em out right? :)

thank you. Always enjoy cobra launches and this one just seems like it’s a complete hit for the entire lineup, not just one area. Excited for January.

Back