ANNOUNCEMENT The Morgan Cup will Return in 2021

When you get into this thread and read about the Morgan Cup, what one word would you use to describe this Experience?
Desire

I've been fortunate to be a part of many THP events. But The Morgan Cup has eluded me. It is the gaping hole in my THP journey. And it is the only Experience that I'm insanely jealous of those who get chosen. I can only hope to one day soon to join the MC Club.

You've been on the journey a few times, I know it's not easy, but could you pick one word to describe the MC?
I'd say its hard to pick one word because its so many could describe the experience. How does un****ingbelieveable sound? 😁

I'd say its hard to pick one word because its so many could describe the experience. How does un****ingbelieveable sound? 😁
Sounds good to me! I know it's difficult, but I enjoy thought provoking exercises. It makes me really think about what the MC is, not only to me, but everyone else on the forum.

My one work to describe the MC would be: Remarkable

Remarkable what Cobra does for THPer's
Remarkable what THP does for it's members
Remarkable how strangers come together and form strong bonds
Remarkable the venues that host this event

I could go on, but I think that would be my word....until I think of another :ROFLMAO:

When you get into this thread and read about the Morgan Cup, what one word would you use to describe this Experience?

NUTS!

It’s nuts that participants get to select a full set of Cobra Clubs.

It’s nuts that they get to interact with and learn from Yags and Jose about the Cobra equipment.

It’s nuts that only OITW will likely have more new PUMA apparel than they wil

It’s nuts that you get to play golf for several days at a great course with a great group of people, all of whom are as excited about things as kids are at Christmas time.

It’s nuts that hundreds of people you have never met will be transfixed in following the ups and downs of a couple of rounds of golf while wishing that they were there playing.

NUTS!

It’s nuts that participants get to select a full set of Cobra Clubs.

It’s nuts that they get to interact with and learn from Yags and Jose about the Cobra equipment.

It’s nuts that only OITW will likely have more new PUMA apparel than they wil

It’s nuts that you get to play golf for several days at a great course with a great group of people, all of whom are as excited about things as kids are at Christmas time.

It’s nuts that hundreds of people you have never met will be transfixed in following the ups and downs of a couple of rounds of golf while wishing that they were there playing.
Yes!! This is what I'm talking about, so nutty!

It would be pretty damn difficult to describe in a single word for sure.

I've never thought I had a big issue with "want vs need" UNTIL I started participating on this forum. I used to just be happy with a set of irons for a few years, a driver every couple of years, etc.....Now I find myself wanting to try, test, all sorts of brands of irons, drivers, putters, balls. It's crazy. I think I've now got a few psychological issues. Can you say counseling?!:unsure:
I used to be so frugal with money before golf but especially before this place. Now I have stuff showing up all the time and I just get glares from my lady whenever I start talking about getting something new. Damn you THP :LOL:

I used to be so frugal with money before golf but especially before this place. Now I have stuff showing up all the time and I just get glares from my lady whenever I start talking about getting something new. Damn you THP :LOL:
You should always say something like “WOW I can’t believe I won another contest on THP!” when packages arrive. Trust me. It makes things go much smoother.

So very, very true!!

You should always say something like “WOW I can’t believe I won another contest on THP!” when packages arrive. Trust me. It makes things go much smoother.

I have gotten my wife to the point she just sighs and rolls her eyes... As long as I'm in my annual golf budget we make, I'm golden! :cool:

I have gotten my wife to the point she just sighs and rolls her eyes... As long as I'm in my annual golf budget we make, I'm golden! :cool:
There is no way I would agree to any budget. She would be around $20 a month and I would be around $1000. I just make most of my purchases from my business account where she has no access and no idea what is in it.

One word? Hard to do it, but how about rewarding? You get what you put into it.

Separate question then.... what would you give to get to go back like @jdtox ?
Going back would be a tremendous honor. There aren’t many more things in life that I would say I’d want to do more than once, but the Morgan cup is one of them.

I get the “just what you need, more golf clubs” 😀

One word? Hard to do it, but how about rewarding? You get what you put into it.
Very apt description from what I've seen and heard from years past!

Next week and we'll have a captain for Team Hackers! Fun times coming soon!!

Back