The most frustrating thing you can do in the golf course

Hitting a terrible approach shot after a great drive. Nothing pisses me off more than wasting a great drive.
trying to make a smart play and take an iron off the tee or try to lay up to avoid something. Then hit the safe club into something worse.
For me it gets super frustrating when I flub a chip shot. A shot I’ve hit a hundred times and for some reason I hit the ball 2ft
At a THP Experience nonetheless, can confirm I've still got it!:p

Lately... it was losing 6 balls in 9 holes, three of them going OB.

(Along with missing every green and only hitting one fairway. Oh, and that "hit" was an 128 yard topped dribbler of a 5W tee shot that barely made the short stuff. Yet all of it in wildly spectacular fashion)

Yeah, it was... A DAY.

stay strong!

bring more balls...

Playing safe off the tee with less than driver and hitting it into trouble

Will 2nd this one. Neglected to take driver last night after a couple rough holes and decided to send a 3H OB and then the follow up into a fairway bunker .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the chunked wedge...I joke about having written a book with a chapter on 'How to ruin a good drive'.

A friend recently has been losing his cool after not playing well (new kid, less time to play). He has thrown clubs and hit balls into the woods in frustration. That annoys me.

Something about ugly shots working out can annoy me (but in a good way). Skulling a 5i only to have it land on the green annoys me - Really? That shot worked out but a good strike ending up short didn't? It's more comical than frustrating, though.

Lost balls in play are up there, too stiff a penalty for a good swing, but three putts are probably my biggest gripe right now, infuriating!!

Hmmm where do we begin.
  • taking an iron off the tee, for control, only to miss the fairway
  • ruining a good drive by chunking or blading the next one
  • the mean wicked slice that cuts off 50 yards of distance
  • 3 putt on a par 5
  • 3 putts in general when a green is hit in regulation
  • Bogeys!
  • playing down to the competition, instead of playing the game I know I know how to do
  • blading a 10 yard bunker shot, 50 yards over the green
  • cart path only, especially on days when you think it doesn't warrant it
  • cart paths that should be made of concrete, instead are dirt paths. If you're playing with another group in a cart & they are ahead of you, you have to hang back otherwise you get a face full of dirt
  • cart paths in general. When you land on them they scuff up the ball (which I take out of play) plus I never get the "good" bounces. Mine always seem to bounce sideways into more trouble.
  • people hitting into me, especially on a crowded course, when there is no where to go. Inpatient F***s! Hit into me once, accident, maybe ... twice, then we are going to have words, that you're probably not going to like very much
  • the new golf carts with GPS that are controlled by the club house about where you can & can't go. I ultimately end up somewhere off the beaten path that may be even 5 yards off the cart path & the cart tells me I'm in a "restricted area" & proceeds to not allow me to go forward. Only in reverse can you get out. (side note .... once a cart did this to me incessantly on a day I wasn't playing well & by the third or fourth time it happened, I punched the GPS screen & it shattered. I took my bag off & walked to the parking lot & left. Luckily the course was amazingly nice about the incident & didn't charge me)
  • To be continued later .... I know there are more. Let me think on it for an hour or so :unsure:

Either.....bombing a perfect drive and leaving a simple wedge shot that I hit fat...or....driving the ball great all day and then topping one off the 18th tee

Both are very frustrating

Simply wasn’t scoring opportunities.

No thinking the hole backwards.
What do I want to hit into the green?
What do I need to use, based on hitting good shot, to get to that club.

Decelerating on any shot 
 maddening.

Back