The most frustrating thing you can do in the golf course

Losing a ball that should be perfectly findable, whether it be in rough that's longer than anticipated, a soggy fairway, or someone just flat out stealing your ball on the rare occasion.

Flubbing a chip shot is infuriating too. You know it's into the grain. You know your type of grass is really sticky and easy to do... Better decelerate into the ball like a ******* idiot.

Hitting a fat shot is just the worst feeling in the world and I've loosed 10 curse words before the ball or beaver pelt of a divot have come to rest. 2 fat shots will make me sour for the rest of the round, even if I score well overall.

Oh, I have several which have been mentioned by others.

Great drive, but approach is complete dumpster fire. This happens atleast a few times per round it seems.

Wide open fairway and I can't hit it. :ROFLMAO:

Bladed chip that goes across the green, and proceed to do it again.

I agree with quite a few that have said losing a ball that should be in great position - but poof, it's nowhere to be found.

being in the woods having to hit some crazy hook or slice through a tiny gap and execute perfectly putting the ball nicely one the green, but not able to hit a huge green from the middle of the fairway

Hitting a layup and taking too much club. Nothing pisses me off more than that.

Playing smart off the tee and hitting it into trouble.

3 putts

Two chips.

Missing the green from inside of 120 yards.

These would be the ones that really aggravate me.

1. Perfect drive in fairway and hit horrible iron shot
2. Missing short putt due to rushing or trying not to step on someone’s line
3. Chunk/blade chip
4. Laying up into trouble

Having an easy chip into the hole then you proceed to lay sod over like you're preparing for next seasons crops :mad:

Note: That's usually followed by a drive that was piped.

Oh this is easy. I can make the absolute worst putts during a round. I generally putt OK to good, but usually a couple of times per round I roll some absolutely awful putts. Blow past hole from 20 feet. Yank an easy 2-3 footer. Complete misread. Something. It drives me nuts.

Duffing a chip really irritates me. I'd rather hit it all the way across the green and have a 30 foot putt back then to have to take 2 steps and re-chip

Not that I’m not guilty of any of the sins that anybody posted previously, but I don’t get too upset after any bad shot. Now that I rarely keep score there is no reason to get mad. I’m more likely to shake my head and laugh. Playing golf is supposed to be fun. I’ve been doing a good job of limiting the number of blunders and I think that not letting the bad shots bother me has helped.

As much as we like to say it doesn't happen, we all have things on the course that piss us off.

What is the one thing that you can do during a round that gets your blood boiling?

Be honest.

For me, it is losing a ball when there is no reason to lose a ball. A couple of examples would be when you smoke a drive right down the middle, but can't see it land because of a hill or whatever. Only to get up to the landing area and it is nowhere to be found.

Or seeing your ball come to rest in the rough and never being able to find it.

For me it's not the cost of the ball, or anything like that. It's just the "WTF happened here"of the situation.

What gets on your nerves?
For me it's when my partner smokes one down the middle and he spends forever trying to look for his ball. Also, when he loses it in the rough and once again he spends forever looking for his ball. :LOL:
Seriously though, I get angry when people are playing slow and they won't let us play through. Or when the people behind catch up to us then get angry at us because they think we're the slow ones. But really it's because of the slow idiots in front of us.

losing a ball in the great wide open is annoying!

For me it's when my partner smokes one down the middle and he spends forever trying to look for his ball. Also, when he loses it in the rough and once again he spends forever looking for his ball. :LOL:
Seriously though, I get angry when people are playing slow and they won't let us play through. Or when the people behind catch up to us then get angry at us because they think we're the slow ones. But really it's because of the slow idiots in front of us.

I am not a person that gets upset about anything much. I do get frustrated some times over topping or duffing a ball and I may wonder what happened, but I quickly move on as it is already history. Most of the time simply laugh at myself.

Making double bogey where you hit a perfect drive in the fairway.

Leaving realistically makable putts short.

Mishit chip shots.

Missing 6 foot birdie putts. I’ve done that 6 times in the last couple of rounds.

What can get me frustrated is when I try and make a "smart play" and end up completely missing the shot - for whatever reason. I've been getting better at letting those go though and moving my focus to the next shot since there's nothing I can do about what's already done.

Now if we're talking about things that other people do... different story. Top two things that get to me: being hit into and the player not yelling fore, and players who don't fix their divots on the green.

For me, the most frustrating thing that I do on a golf course is play golf.

Eating at the grille is good.
Drinking out on the deck is great.
Reading in a comfortable chair or playing a little low stakes gin is also good.
Checking out the broads at the pool isn't anything that I'm going to do something about, but just looking can be nice too.
I even enjoy picking out a nice shirt in the pro shop once in a while.

Once I'm out on the course with three other senile geriatrics like myself, that's when the frustration begins.
And yet I'm grateful for every year that I can still do it.

Bogey from PW distance in from a scoring position.

Driving one down the middle of the fairway and the ball just vanishes. No sign of it for 40 yards front or back. Just gone.

I’m pretty sure someone complained to the ranger about my son and I playing slow. We were waiting for 5-10 minutes on every tee. Ranger starts pulling up off in the distance. Sees us sitting down. Green wasn’t clear yet, but they’re putting the flag back in. Sees us stand up and pull clubs and start to tee up. Looks over and drives to the next hole. We finish the par 3 and the ranger is driving back to a previous hole. Get to the next tee box and the group is just leaving.

I’m guessing someone got told to hurry after the ranger found the source and he was heading back to let the complainants know the status. I thought it was handled well, but I kept thinking this guy is gonna say something to us and we have nowhere to go.

I'm with the original poster. For me it is losing a ball that I saw stop but the ball just out of nowhere disappeared....Or 3 putts.

Bogey from PW distance in from a scoring position.

Driving one down the middle of the fairway and the ball just vanishes. No sign of it for 40 yards front or back. Just gone.

Same. Losing a ball when you know it should be there is just maddening. As is turning birdies into bogies when you're in a great position.

I think every one of these replies occurred during my round today. Plus one I've never experienced until today.

My push cart has a brake but because it becomes stuck, I don't use it. When taking a shot, I just have to remember to park it perpendicular to any hill. This morning, I thought I'd done that but as I climb up to the tee box and start thinking about my shot, I hear something behind me and turn just in time to see the cart go over a bank and towards a small stream.

The bag had turned upside down but didn't go in the stream. None of the clubs went in either. I just had to fish some tees, balls and my water jug out of the water. To add insult to injury, I'm trying to climb up this muddy bank with a push cart and partially attached bag of clubs and keep slipping in the mud.

I was so pissed! Once I got back on the cart path, I had to look around to make sure no one was watching. Lol.

After hitting a great drive hitting a horrible approach shot.

Back