No. 17 at TPC Sawgrass

Ready...GO!

If I had to choose between those, I would probably say Pebble due to the views

Wow tough to put them in order.

But I will say

No 12
No 17
No 7

When I saw the title the 12th at Augusta and 7th at Pebble immediately came to mind, in that order. Sawgrass 17 didn't. The 16th at Cypress was the next hole that popped into my head.

Last edited:
Very tough to put them in order.

I put Sawgrass ahead of pebble because I think it's the most mimicked design out of the three.

17 at Sawgrass
12 at Augusta
7 at Pebble

Everyone knows "the island green".

I think it's going to depend on the person picking. All three are extremely iconic to the sport. I think the most iconic, that you would pick up on immediately from any picture, is 17 at Sawgrass though.

When I saw the title the 12th at Augusta and 7th at Pebble immediately came to mind, in that order. Sawgrass 17 didn't. The 16th at Cypress was the next hole that popped into my head.
This is honestly baffling to me. I had to google what the 16th at Cypress even was. 17 at Sawgrass is mentioned almost any time there is an island green anywhere, and it's played every year during one of the biggest tournaments of the year. Have you played Cypress before? Just trying to figure this out haha

17 and 12 get played and seen every year in huge tournaments.
12 might be even behind 16 at the same course - because that tiger chip and the skipping the pond.

17 is likely more recognizable. and can actually be played by joe schmoe.

Golfers know 7

16 at scottsdale and 14 at CDA are the only other ones that came to mind.

Last edited:
Reading the topic before clicking it, 12 instantly came to mind. Then 17 and the floating green at Coeur d'Alene.

Has to be 17 at Sawgrass.

I'll take #12 for the win. Just imagine all 3 of those on the same course though...

No. 7 at Pebble Beach

No. 12 at Augusta

No. 17 at TPC Sawgrass

Ready...GO!

17 at Sawgrass

17 at Sawgrass
7 at Pebble
12 at Augusta

17 at sawgrass for sure.

17 and 12 get played and seen every year in huge tournaments.
12 might be even behind 16 at the same course - because that tiger chip and the skipping the pond.

17 is likely more recognizable. and can actually be played by joe schmoe.

Golfers know 7

16 at scottsdale and 14 at CDA are the only other ones that came to mind.
I like 16 as well, I just find it to be an easier shot with a deeper green than 12.

Back