The MotoCaddy M5 Electric Caddy Review

Does this have gyroscopic straight tracking (stays straight even going over side hill) and rotating front wheel? GPS feature very cool.
Yes to the first, no to the second. The M7 would have the rotating front wheel.

All charged up and ready for the course on Thursday

I don't feel like I would call it a game changer at that price tag. Living next to a country club with a hefty buy in I have seen maybe 4-5 motorized push carts. I think it is just too much of a luxury for most.

I don't feel like I would call it a game changer at that price tag. Living next to a country club with a hefty buy in I have seen maybe 4-5 motorized push carts. I think it is just too much of a luxury for most.

Perhaps. With that said, the price with the Budget discount code is about as much or less than most premium iron sets currently. While one is needed for golf and the other isn't, it very much could change the game for people being able to walk that couldn't previously due to carrying or pushing.

Just added the Motocaddy bag with the lock onto the M5 for tomorrow's round and we will get some video of it in action from the course tomorrow.

Nice video. I'm glad I'm not the only one that missed the slide out drawer of the scorecard holder 😁

Just added the Motocaddy bag with the lock onto the M5 for tomorrow's round and we will get some video of it in action from the course tomorrow.

If you haven't tried the locking system yet, man... It's amazing how that's all it needs to keep the entire bag secure on the bottom half. It's outstanding.

Was looking at Budget site, this has a pretty sweet discount with the THP code.

All charged up and ready for the course this week.
Taking the M5 out on Friday for a quick 9.

I'm still mentally debating the remote vs non-remote models.

As I was walking 18 in the heat and humidity today with my ClicGear, my thoughts were, "In these conditions, I'd like to have the M5 with a huge umbrella." On a hot, sunny day like today, the M5 (or other non-remote model) would have been great because it would a) take the energy-draining push work off of me and b) I would have wanted to be physically connected to the cart and under the umbrella anyway, for added protection from the sun/heat.

I know the M7 (or other remote model) can be used in the same manner. And if our course wasn't so hilly, I'd probably be more comfortable with the remote idea. Sigh ...

As I was walking 18 in the heat and humidity today with my ClicGear, my thoughts were, "In these conditions, I'd like to have the M5 with a huge umbrella." On a hot, sunny day like today, the M5 (or other non-remote model) would have been great because it would a) take the energy-draining push work off of me and b) I would have wanted to be physically connected to the cart and under the umbrella anyway, for added protection from the sun/heat.

I know the M7 (or other remote model) can be used in the same manner. And if our course wasn't so hilly, I'd probably be more comfortable with the remote idea. Sigh ...
It can be a tough decision. Like you mentioned both the M5 and M7 (and other remote model) can be used as an electric non-remote cart. Part of deciding between the M5 and M7 also depends on the other tech being used. If you have a rangefinder or GPS watch that you already really like then a big feature of the M5 (GPS in the handle) might not be needed. If you are someone that doesn't like phones while on the golf course then the connectivity of the M5 probably isn't needed either. But if you like the idea of connecting your phone to your cart for texts/alerts and/or if you like the idea of getting course info right from the cart rather than needing a separate rangefinder/watch the M5 might be a good choice.

As far as the M7, if you always play at the same hilly course and wouldn't feel comfy sending it away from you then the remote of the M7 might not be beneficial. But if you also play other (flatter) courses on cooler and less humid days (no need for constant shade) the remote might come in handy. Keep in mind too that the more you use the cart you'll most likely also get more comfortable with it. A few months after using it you might not mind using the remote over some of those hills you worried about at first.

So yes, I hear ya on it being a tough decision.

It can be a tough decision. Like you mentioned both the M5 and M7 (and other remote model) can be used as an electric non-remote cart. Part of deciding between the M5 and M7 also depends on the other tech being used. If you have a rangefinder or GPS watch that you already really like then a big feature of the M5 (GPS in the handle) might not be needed. If you are someone that doesn't like phones while on the golf course then the connectivity of the M5 probably isn't needed either. But if you like the idea of connecting your phone to your cart for texts/alerts and/or if you like the idea of getting course info right from the cart rather than needing a separate rangefinder/watch the M5 might be a good choice.

As far as the M7, if you always play at the same hilly course and wouldn't feel comfy sending it away from you then the remote of the M7 might not be beneficial. But if you also play other (flatter) courses on cooler and less humid days (no need for constant shade) the remote might come in handy. Keep in mind too that the more you use the cart you'll most likely also get more comfortable with it. A few months after using it you might not mind using the remote over some of those hills you worried about at first.

So yes, I hear ya on it being a tough decision.

Thanks for the reply, you summed it up well.

I feel you on your thinking here, but my thinking is since I don't play many hilly courses other than quite a few with elevated greens I think the ease of just not having to contact the cart other than maybe walking across a bridge is a huge benefit.
Same boat as you and weighing all my options right now, decision will be made this fall/winter time for me.

Enjoy all the input and reviews these guys are throwing up. (y)

I purchased the M5 a couple months ago. I absolutely love it, GPS feature is outstanding. Does everything I need a electric push cart to do. 20210528_225732.jpg

I purchased the M5 a couple months ago. I absolutely love it, GPS feature is outstanding. Does everything I need a electric push cart to do. View attachment 9019852
Im with you. I use mine every time out now and love the GPS feature. I also like how the text messages and stuff come right through the screen. Makes the entire thing easy.

A few thoughts on my first couple of rounds with the M5

First, this thing is absolutely awesome.

While i believe a motocaddy bag with the easilock base is best, I have been testing this with the largest bag I have, a sun mountain c130 and it fits great. No shifting or sliding at all. I've loaded it up with several bottles of water, snacks and tons of balls. I have not noticed any sluggishness or inconsistent speeds because of a loaded down bag. Weight does not seem to be an issue with these things.

The GPS screen is amazing as I mentioned in another thread, I've had ZERO issues reading it in the sun. It is really bright and clear. you can move the pin position on the screen with your finger, which is helpful if youre trying to get a distance to a specific section of that green. I have compared the GPS distances with my garmin and the numbers on the grint, and they are always within a yard or two of each other, so I know I can trust it. Msybe its time to ditch the watch.

Beyond the green view, the screen has distance to hazards, a round timer, and you can keep score right on the unit - though I have not tried it yet. You can also get notifications from your phone right on the screen, which is a really nice feature

As you can tell, this thing is loaded and there are a bunch of features I have not tested yet.

One thing I wish was available as an accessory is a seat attachment. We have to wait between shots sometimes and it would be great to be able to sit and take advantage of some umbrella shade.

I'd be happy to answer any questions for anyone considering upgrading to an M5. Feel free to DM me or just post a question in here.

FYI - motocaddy has a special for a free golf bag with purchase of an m5 that runs through the end of July.

A few thoughts on my first couple of rounds with the M5

First, this thing is absolutely awesome.

While i believe a motocaddy bag with the easilock base is best, I have been testing this with the largest bag I have, a sun mountain c130 and it fits great. No shifting or sliding at all. I've loaded it up with several bottles of water, snacks and tons of balls. I have not noticed any sluggishness or inconsistent speeds because of a loaded down bag. Weight does not seem to be an issue with these things.

The GPS screen is amazing as I mentioned in another thread, I've had ZERO issues reading it in the sun. It is really bright and clear. you can move the pin position on the screen with your finger, which is helpful if youre trying to get a distance to a specific section of that green. I have compared the GPS distances with my garmin and the numbers on the grint, and they are always within a yard or two of each other, so I know I can trust it. Msybe its time to ditch the watch.

Beyond the green view, the screen has distance to hazards, a round timer, and you can keep score right on the unit - though I have not tried it yet. You can also get notifications from your phone right on the screen, which is a really nice feature

As you can tell, this thing is loaded and there are a bunch of features I have not tested yet.

One thing I wish was available as an accessory is a seat attachment. We have to wait between shots sometimes and it would be great to be able to sit and take advantage of some umbrella shade.

I'd be happy to answer any questions for anyone considering upgrading to an M5. Feel free to DM me or just post a question in here.

FYI - motocaddy has a special for a free golf bag with purchase of an m5 that runs through the end of July.
We'll have seats in a few weeks!! Great review!

Back