The Movie Review Thread

Do it, it's outstanding!

Stark Trek is AWESOME!!! I finally returned it back to Netflix after a month of having it haa haa haa

Stark Trek is AWESOME!!! I finally returned it back to Netflix after a month of having it haa haa haa
My wife was worried when we saw it in the the theatre that you would need to be a "trekkie" to get the film and I told her to give it a chance.

She had never seen anything "Star Trek" related before we saw it together and she LOVED it. In fact she bought me the movie for Christmas and watched with me again at home and again loved it. It's a well done film with great characters and if you know and expect some of their famous catch phrases, it's even better.

Comparatively, we both watched "Watchmen" not knowing anything about the back story and we both hated it. Although the movie was well made, the story was not easy to follow, making it a train wreck for us.

My wife was worried when we saw it in the the theatre that you would need to be a "trekkie" to get the film and I told her to give it a chance.

She had never seen anything "Star Trek" related before we saw it together and she LOVED it. In fact she bought me the movie for Christmas and watched with me again at home and again loved it. It's a well done film with great characters and if you know and expect some of their famous catch phrases, it's even better.

Comparatively, we both watched "Watchmen" not knowing anything about the back story and we both hated it. Although the movie was well made, the story was not easy to follow, making it a train wreck for us.

That's what I thought too, I couldn't stand the TV show haa haa, but absolutely LOVED the movie!! Watchmen, another comic book turned into a movie? This isn't the one with Jennifer Gardner is it?

That's what I thought too, I couldn't stand the TV show haa haa, but absolutely LOVED the movie!! Watchmen, another comic book turned into a movie? This isn't the one with Jennifer Gardner is it?
No, you might be thinking of Electra and Daredevil.

Watchmen had Malin Ackerman in it, but she is not a big name movie draw in my opinion. The best part of the film for me was Jackie Earle Haley who played Rorschach. It's a far fetched movie.

My wife and I recently watch "Blind Side" and "Four Christmas'". Both movies were pretty good. I enjoyed "Blind Side" even though I knew the outcome of the movie. I'd recommend it for sure. The other movie, it had some pretty funny parts. For a "chick flick" it was ok. Any reason to stare at Reese Witherspoon for 2 hours I'm ok with. :drool:

Went to the movies the other night and saw Avatar in three d...funky, I can't remember ever going to a movie that was three d...

Movie was spectacular special effects wise...that wore off after an hour, I got bored and fell asleep halfway through...my wife liked it...

Horrible wretched movie.

Agreed, Watchmen was terrible. Youd have to be a die hard fan to enjoy that train wreck. I watched Public Enemies on the plane coming back from TX. It was pretty good. Nothing great nothing terrible.

The only reason I liked Public Enemies was because a lot of it was shot in & around my area. Kind of cool seeing buildings in a movie that I drive past almost everyday.

The only reason I liked Public Enemies was because a lot of it was shot in & around my area. Kind of cool seeing buildings in a movie that I drive past almost everyday.

Many portions of that movie was filmed on my street. In fact, for a split second, you can see a building that I lived in prior to my current building down the street. I live very close to the Biograph theater, where Dillinger was shot in the alley.

On another note, I just watched Blind Side. I thought it was a great feel-good movie and perfect for the holidays.

Many portions of that movie was filmed on my street. In fact, for a split second, you can see a building that I lived in prior to my current building down the street. I live very close to the Biograph theater, where Dillinger was shot in the alley.

On another note, I just watched Blind Side. I thought it was a great feel-good movie and perfect for the holidays.

The Blind side is quite an awesome, very moving movie :good:

No, you might be thinking of Electra and Daredevil.

Watchmen had Malin Ackerman in it, but she is not a big name movie draw in my opinion. The best part of the film for me was Jackie Earle Haley who played Rorschach. It's a far fetched movie.

Too much of the blue dude...I didn't need to know his entire anatomy.

Another thumbs up on Star Trek....Watched it the other night and really enjoyed it. Am trying to talk my wife into watching it.

"every f---ing day of my life" the wendy maldonado story

Re: The Movie Review Thread

Saw Avatar at the IMAX in 3d. One of the best films overall I've ever seen and the best technologically.

Go out and see it, it's a wonderful piece of filmmaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Sherlock Holmes yesterday. Good flick.. Downey Jr. and Jude Law play well off each other.

Went to the movies the other night and saw Avatar in three d...funky, I can't remember ever going to a movie that was three d...

Movie was spectacular special effects wise...that wore off after an hour, I got bored and fell asleep halfway through...my wife liked it...

Is it better to see Avatar in 3-D Imax or does it really matter if you see it in 3-D or not?? I can't believe its made gobs of money already!! And I must say, I was a little hesitant to see it, but now that everyone says its good and there are no negatives about it, I may think about seeing it :)

avatar in imax 3d is basically ferngully on steroids

I completely disagree. Avatar in 3D was amazing. Its really a big step forward in the film industry and very much worth seeing in the theater. You will never get that same experience at home when it comes to DVD or Blu-Ray even. It was just an amazing visual feast for the eyes and the story wasnt that bad either. We thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend to anyone that you should go see it. If you do go see it make sure you see it in 3D as it was truely breathtaking.

Anybody looking forward to The Book of Eli. Looks good to me.

Kevin

Yes Book of Eli does look good... I enjoy Denzel Washington as an actor so I to am looking forward to it

Yes Book of Eli does look good... I enjoy Denzel Washington as an actor so I to am looking forward to it

Post apocalypse, Denzel, and Gary Oldman. Certainly shows promise.

Kevin

It does look interesting. Not sure exactly what its about but thats probably the idea huh

Back