The OEM Kevin Thread

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
i thought it would be nice to have a thread where kevin could discuss and post pics of all of his newest equipment. he could also share with us what he's adding to his arsenal next.

so kev, what's new?

Well, today UPS brought the Ping G15 23* hybrid with an Aldila shaft, Cleveland BRZ putter and another box of yellow balls. Along with that box of yellow balls I got another free Srixon hat. That makes three now.

The other day I added the Odyssey Backstryke Marxman putter. I gamed this putter yesterday with very good results.

Next- Id love to get one of those Taylor Made SuperTri drivers with a sweet UST Attas shaft. haha

Hey Kevin,

I just picked up the PING G15 23* hybrid tonight. Looking forward to trying it out in the next few days. Would love to hear your insignt/thoughts on it as well.

i'm so proud of you, you're living up to the name my friend. 3 putters in 5 days, that's awesome. the back strike huh? tell me a little about it. what you like, don't like, how it feels, is it awkward at first?

super tri would look great in your bag huh?

Hey Kevin,

I just picked up the PING G15 23* hybrid tonight. Looking forward to trying it out in the next few days. Would love to hear your insignt/thoughts on it as well.

what's up keith? nice pickup on the g15 hybrid. they look funny but they flat out work.

Hey Kevin,

I grabbed the 23* because I already have the 20* with a project X shaft in it and I love it. Im no long bomber by any stretch of your imagination or TC's but I was killing this thing to the end of the range. I figure to the net is probably 225 or so. Thats strong. Its super easy to hit even if it does look a little strange. But at least it doesnt look like a minature toaster like the Machspeed did. I just got the 23* today, hope to get to the range tomorrow and see how she hits. Make sure you report back on yours too! I think you'll love it

Yeah TC, I hit it pretty good during a few visits to the store. Hopefully it will transfer to the course. I now see why they call him OEM Kevin. Very fitting from today's shipments alone. I wonder what tomorrow may bring.

like a mini toaster huh? i love the machspeed, but alas, this thread's all about you and your gear. plus we can talk randomly amongst ourselves.

did you get your contest entries in? i'm nervous about this one. i would love to give the r9's a whirl and i know you would too.

i'm so proud of you, you're living up to the name my friend. 3 putters in 5 days, that's awesome. the back strike huh? tell me a little about it. what you like, don't like, how it feels, is it awkward at first?

super tri would look great in your bag huh?

First time I used that Backstryke I didnt like it. I figured out why. Its got a natural forward press to it. So I was trying to putt it like a SeeMore and that didnt jive. It was a little awkward at first but once you just let it roll its real smooth. I think the forward press type of putting stroke works better for me.

Yeah TC, I hit it pretty good during a few visits to the store. Hopefully it will transfer to the course. I now see why they call him OEM Kevin. Very fitting from today's shipments alone. I wonder what tomorrow may bring.

that's the beauty of this thread, he can just tell us. i just wish i was right handed so i could buy what he didn't want anymore.

Something tells me he wouldnt sell it- "just in case"

that's the beauty of this thread, he can just tell us. i just wish i was right handed so i could buy what he didn't want anymore.

Will do Kevin. It all goes well I will probably pick up the 27* too. What I like about it was the iron set up and feel. The look does not bother me at all because it performs.

haha. Ive decided to start keeping a lot of my time-out gear. I saw a putter in there the other day I forgot about. SWEET! It was like a new day with a new putter!

I feel pretty good about my picks for the contest. Phil, Cabrera, Goydos and D.Johnson. I think I may have the winners!!

Tomorrow? Nothing tomorrow but Friday may be the day.

TGIF! dude, if you need some srixon yellows let me know, i can get them easy. i just charge $100 for shipping

Will do Kevin. It all goes well I will probably pick up the 27* too. What I like about it was the iron set up and feel. The look does not bother me at all because it performs.

Sing it bro!! They hit so easy. I felt the same way keith, love the iron set up and cant argue with the results!

TGIF! dude, if you need some srixon yellows let me know, i can get them easy. i just charge $100 for shipping

Thats it? For that price they came with a Srixon 5W too??

I actually lost one of my driver brush tees last round. :angry:

i use to use the brush tees but only for my 3w. never lost one, you must've hit it fat or something. dude, i made it til midnight, i'm knackered, going to hit the sack.

i'm glad you have your own thread, i can't wait til thanks gets here to play.

you have to post pics of your stuff bro, those are the rules

i use to use the brush tees but only for my 3w. never lost one, you must've hit it fat or something. dude, i made it til midnight, i'm knackered, going to hit the sack.

i'm glad you have your own thread, i can't wait til thanks gets here to play.

you have to post pics of your stuff bro, those are the rules

Way to hang in there bro!! Ive got a few more hours to go lol.

Actually I just left it in the ground and forgot about it. I think I did one of those intraweb bombs about 330 and couldnt stop looking at it fly and left my tee there. LOL

I might put some pics up, if youre nice.

+1 on the pics

Way to hang in there bro!! Ive got a few more hours to go lol.

Actually I just left it in the ground and forgot about it. I think I did one of those intraweb bombs about 330 and couldnt stop looking at it fly and left my tee there. LOL

I might put some pics up, if youre nice.

The perfect internet drive? I'm glad you got your own space here OEM (frankly I was getting tired looking at the what did you buy today thread). I was getting worried that you flaked out on that thread seeing that you didn't post anything for a day and a half. Even though I got to see some of the carnage first hand please post pics for us the viewing public please.

lol ok I'll post some pics tomorrow and if not tomorrow Friday for sure. Hopefully I can remember everything

lol ok I'll post some pics tomorrow and if not tomorrow Friday for sure. Hopefully I can remember everything

Better have enough battery and memory in that camera, bra. You'll need it.

Better have enough battery and memory in that camera, bra. You'll need it.

Should be good. Lots of space and two cameras. But the big boy camera is probably dead.

Back