The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe manning...so glad I got a good QB lmao :D

I believe Manning fell to the 5th round in our league, not sure how your autopick didnt grab him.

Yes, yes it is. You're the perfect candidate as well.

Seriously bridges? You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

In all seriousness, I'm just busting balls. TH is a good sport, as is bridges. Any chance you two are of relation?

I don't think so but you never know. The great state is pretty big

Anyone in any Survivor pools? This week is rough- I'm looking at Houston, Kansas City, San Diego, or even Cleveland.
Definitely no locks this week, even more so than past week 1's.

I just saw this on twitter:

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Official: Sources say Manning had surgery this am - cervical fusion with 2-3 month minimum recovery.No word on whether he will be put on IR.

Official: Sources say Manning had surgery this am - cervical fusion with 2-3 month minimum recovery.No word on whether he will be put on IR.

Ouch! I sure am glad I didn't draft a Colt this year.

Ouch! I sure am glad I didn't draft a Colt this year.

Same here. It's amazing how everyone made it seem like he had some minor neck surgery after the season and it was no big deal, now look at what's happening. I just hope he gets better and can play again, I would hate to see his career end like this.

Same here. It's amazing how everyone made it seem like he had some minor neck surgery after the season and it was no big deal, now look at what's happening. I just hope he gets better and can play again, I would hate to see his career end like this.

This is his 3rd neck surgery within the last 19 months. Even if he's ready to go in 3 months, if the Colts are 4-8 at that time, what's the point of bringing him back for this season? I think that he's probably done for the year.

If there was ever a year for the Texans to win the division, this is the year. Now watch them figure out some way to screw it up, and the Titans win that division.

This is his 3rd neck surgery within the last 19 months. Even if he's ready to go in 3 months, if the Colts are 4-8 at that time, what's the point of bringing him back for this season? I think that he's probably done for the year.

If there was ever a year for the Texans to win the division, this is the year. Now watch them figure out some way to screw it up, and the Titans win that division.

Honestly they shouldn't rush him back. Even more so if their season tanks they might be in a good place to draft his replacement to groom behind him and have no drop off when he can't play anymore

I tapped, I talked.

Wow, just put him on IR already.

Ominous tweet from SI.com's Will Carroll:

@injuryexpert
If reports of cervical fusion are correct, this is potentially career ending.

Ominous tweet from SI.com's Will Carroll:

I just saw that. I really hope this isn't the case. I hope he can get back out there and play again. I would hate to see him end his career like this. I would much rather see him retire because he is ready not because he is physically incapable of playing anymore.

the neck is under a lot of strain supporting that big head of his....bet the Colts are peeved about the lock out that kept Manning from working with team dr's which may have been able to diagnose this sooner rather than later

the neck is under a lot of strain supporting that big head of his....bet the Colts are peeved about the lock out that kept Manning from working with team dr's which may have been able to diagnose this sooner rather than later

I bet fantasy owners are as well. Let me check my contacts..Yeah. We are peeved.

Lookout Cowboy fans, Emmitt just told Colin Cowherd he has the 'boys at 8-8. :cowboy:

I have them 8 - 8 at best and that is if they beat Detroit at home which isn't a lock this year with that defensive line taking the Cowboy OL apart and they have to win at Arizona which might be easier but any road game can be a loss. They could go 6 - 10 easily. The only thing that will save their season from something less than mediocrity is for somebody to step up and play great that is totally unexpected and in their case they need about 5 somebodies to make a difference. Very unlikely.

Wonder if the Colts wish they had drafted a backup in the past couple of drafts? Or, maybe they are satisfied with Collins? Would much rather have had a young QB out of the draft to learn behind Peyton, and if Peyton is going on IR for the year, he would be a heck of a QB Coach to work with someone making their first couple of starts.

I bet fantasy owners are as well. Let me check my contacts..Yeah. We are peeved.

Should've done some more research chunky. You could've had a young stud like Cam Newton bro.

Should've done some more research chunky. You could've had a young stud like Cam Newton bro.

All the research in the world would not have led me down that road big fella:blob:

All the research in the world would not have led me down that road big fella:blob:

I can't wait to make you pay for your terrible selections. I'm going to make it rain when I play team shortstuff.

I can't wait to make you pay for your terrible selections. I'm going to make it rain when I play team shortstuff.

Dude Danny Woodhead is going to outscore your entire team. You are the Al Davis of FF owners:loser:

Dude Danny Woodhead is going to outscore your entire team. You are the Al Davis of FF owners:loser:

hahaha, did you just pull the Danny Woodhead card? You are hurting and desperate right now.

I hope Peyton doesn't have to retire. I hate the way he cheated to win the SB from the Bears but man, is it fun to watch him disect a defense.

Wow, heck of a burn, using Danny Woodhead and Al Davis, impressive CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back