The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply awful: Kyle Williams, the punt returner for the 49ers that fumbled in overnight, is getting death threats via his Twitter account: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/23/2726736/kyle-williams-twitter-account-death-threats

Pretty damn sad. I was reading some of the posts on Facebook, from people that were obviously not fans of the Patriots and the Giants. People take this crap too far and too serious. I am embarrassed for them. Kyle Williams is a good player that had a bad day. Hopefully this BS stops and stops quick.

Yesssssssss giants my fav team woo woo

Mad would be an understatement describing the fans here in SF. I was as upset as the next 9ers fan but I wouldn't wish any harm to him or his family. Some people just take things too far.

I've got no rooting interest in either team so this year I'll focus solely on the numbers (block pools), prop bets, and commercials

It will be an exciting Super Bowl. Lots of storylines and matchups. Can't wait for the commercials.

I think what 49er Harbaugh did this year was pretty impressive but whats he doing after that loss is pretty dumb. Yesterday he was complaining about that non fumble call on Bradshaw which I think is pretty dumb for the coach to do. Its time to stop being a meat-head now that youre the head coach dude. Really if theres any blame its Williams. Those two mistakes were huge. Sure the offense had one first down. The WR's were awful. But those two mistakes led to 10 points. Thats game. Time to grow up Harbaugh.

I think what 49er Harbaugh did this year was pretty impressive but whats he doing after that loss is pretty dumb. Yesterday he was complaining about that non fumble call on Bradshaw which I think is pretty dumb for the coach to do. Its time to stop being a meat-head now that youre the head coach dude. Really if theres any blame its Williams. Those two mistakes were huge. Sure the offense had one first down. The WR's were awful. But those two mistakes led to 10 points. Thats game. Time to grow up Harbaugh.

Agreed.

I read he blew off some questions after the game, too. Baby.

Kevin

I read he blew off some questions after the game, too. Baby.

Kevin

I heard the same thing and also heard people were talking handshake again after the Giants won, which I didnt notice.

So after reading THIS article I think Peyton is done in Indy. Its never good when the QB who might be done/retiring/ or injured and the owner start talking through the media. We've seen this before and it usually ends messy. With whats being said, reported and tweeted I just dont think he's going to be back there.

And, who the hell is Dennis Allen?

Last edited:
So after reading THIS article I think Peyton is done in Indy. Its never good when the QB who might be done/retire/ or injured and the owner start talking through the media. We've seen this before and it usually ends messy. With thats being said, reported and tweeted I just dont think he's going to be back there.

Agreed, Kmac. I am just not convinced that he will healthy enough to play again, which would be unfortunate.

So after reading THIS article I think Peyton is done in Indy. Its never good when the QB who might be done/retire/ or injured and the owner start talking through the media. We've seen this before and it usually ends messy. With thats being said, reported and tweeted I just dont think he's going to be back there.

I dont think he will be back there, nor does it seem that he wants to be back there. I have to wonder if all the changes in Indy have put the competitive flame out for Manning, will this possible lead him to retire?

Well, one Manning will be playing one more game in Indy before all is said and done.

As a Patriots fan that has watched my boys duke it out with Manning and his Colts for the better part of the past decade, I hate to see Peyton have to go out this way and the situation that is unfolding in Indiana. Peyton is one of those guys you just can't see putting on another uniform. I hope he has the opportunity to get back out on the field in the blue and white and retire as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, after playing his whole career wearing only one uniform. Those Brady vs Manning meetings are historic and I am going to miss them.

next stop.....NYJ

So after reading THIS article I think Peyton is done in Indy. Its never good when the QB who might be done/retiring/ or injured and the owner start talking through the media. We've seen this before and it usually ends messy. With whats being said, reported and tweeted I just dont think he's going to be back there.

Go Giants.

Steel Tappin'

What? No in-depth pro-bowl discussion yet? :confused2: :D

I'll half watch it in the background or during commercials, maybe. At least you get all the great HD visuals from the second unit of the beaches and volcanos and whales, etc. Like the HI golf tourneys.

So the Colts got a coach.

Kevin

So the Colts got a coach.

Kevin

Couldnt be more excited about this one too. I wanted a defensive coach more than you could ever imagine. I am over this SOFT cover 2 defense. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Now he needs to round out his staff!

With the hiring of the new coach I think we can safely say Peyton Manning has played his last game in Indy...the only question now is does he retire or go somewhere else?

Greg Schiano as the next Head Coach of the Bucs? Wow, umm....not sure what to say about that.

you should be happy with that one.....he's a really good coach. The U wanted him before getting Golden and he was rumored to be JoePa's replacement a couple of years ago. Good young coach who is aggressive and a good motivator. Perfect for the young Bucs

Greg Schiano as the next Head Coach of the Bucs? Wow, umm....not sure what to say about that.

you should be happy with that one.....he's a really good coach. The U wanted him before getting Golden and he was rumored to be JoePa's replacement a couple of years ago. Good young coach who is aggressive and a good motivator. Perfect for the young Bucs
I think he is a great Coach, and what he did at Rutgers a few years back was impressive. However, I think right now Tampa is quite a tough job, and would hate to see him be unsuccessful. Maybe he can get the job done with the young roster the Bucs have? The Bucs need to do something, because the stands are empty, the games arent on TV and they are heading in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back