The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am not saying that the Saints will win or the Packers are not great, but if anybody (even Packers fans) think that teams should fear Ryan Grant, they are mistaken.
Look at Grant's stats. When he is healthy he is one of the best RBs in the NFL. He simply has low numbers because he has been injured a lot. I hope the rest of the league has your opinion and doesnt give him a 2nd thought. We could use a good running game for when teams think all they have to worry about is Rodgers throwing the ball.

Look at Grant's yards per game. When he is healthy he is one of the best RBs in the NFL.

Could not disagree more. Good back, not one of the best in the NFL. Not even close.

In 2008, he had 1200 yards and averaged less than 4 yards per carry.
In 2009, he had more yards and got it over 4 yards a carry (4.4)
In 2010 he was hurt early.

Im not sure what you consider the best in the NFL, but there are a whole lot of great RBs with better numbers than that, are more versatile and are better blockers as well.

Look at Grant's stats. When he is healthy he is one of the best RBs in the NFL. He simply has low numbers because he has been injured a lot. I hope the rest of the league has your opinion and doesnt give him a 2nd thought. We could use a good running game for when teams think all they have to worry about is Rodgers throwing the ball.

Now, I am a Packers fan, BUT, I wouldnt say that Grant is one of the best in the league.

I'm going to settle the BBQ discussion from a few pages back. I have eaten BBQ at famous and not so famous places in TX, KC, TN, OH, GA, and now FL.

It's all good. Like pizza. Thank the lord above for all the variety. Thank him too for the pig and the steer. Without those two fine animals I would rather not be alive.

TC, tell your lady I said a real man would cook for her so she could enjoy the game. I just got finished finely dicing up some pork steaks. The tiny cubes are marinating right now to later become pork tacos. In honor of my deluded Bears fan scramble partner, the mighty Yoccos.

My prediction for tonight's game and this is purely objective. Packers 311 Saints 6. Rodgers with a QB rating of 291. Matthews with 17 sacks.

Here's a shout out to Double D. Donald Driver's wife gave birth to a baby girl last night. He needs 42 yards to break James Lofton's Packers all time receiving yards record. You can have your TOs, your Randy Moss's, and the like. I'll take DD. Class act and a damn fine player.

I support DD.

Kevin

I'm going to settle the BBQ discussion from a few pages back. I have eaten BBQ at famous and not so famous places in TX, KC, TN, OH, GA, and now FL.

It's all good. Like pizza. Thank the lord above for all the variety. Thank him too for the pig and the steer. Without those two fine animals I would rather not be alive.

TC, tell your lady I said a real man would cook for her so she could enjoy the game. I just got finished finely dicing up some pork steaks. The tiny cubes are marinating right now to later become pork tacos. In honor of my deluded Bears fan scramble partner, the mighty Yoccos.

My prediction for tonight's game and this is purely objective. Packers 311 Saints 6. Rodgers with a QB rating of 291. Matthews with 17 sacks.

Here's a shout out to Double D. Donald Driver's wife gave birth to a baby girl last night. He needs 42 yards to break James Lofton's Packers all time receiving yards record. You can have your TOs, your Randy Moss's, and the like. I'll take DD. Class act and a damn fine player.

I support DD.

Kevin

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I am delusional but you see it so well lol.

Now I am not saying that the Saints will win or the Packers are not great, but if anybody (even Packers fans) think that teams should fear Ryan Grant, they are mistaken.

Oh, man. I have to be one of the biggest Packers fans there is, but in no way is Grant a top of the league back. Good at the end of games when healthy. Good enough to keep teams honest when healthy. But scary? I think not.

Kevin

I guess I dont see the problem. Who cares if there are white RBs, or purple RBs or anything else.

I might have problems if there was a purple running back!

Oh, man. I have to be one of the biggest Packers fans there is, but in no way is Grant a top of the league back. Good at the end of games when healthy. Good enough to keep teams honest when healthy. But scary? I think not.

Kevin
Exactly my thoughts. Hoping Grant can stay healthy, and hopefully Starks will play well enough to spell Grant and having a nice RB by Committee.

saints will win and i will own tadashi's avatar for a week :)

Exactly my thoughts. Hoping Grant can stay healthy, and hopefully Starks will play well enough to spell Grant and having a nice RB by Committee.

That is correct. Lets not forget that most report that Grand was in a position battle (albeit his to lose) just 45 days ago. "One of the best in the league" do not go through those in training camp.

I guess I dont see the problem. Who cares if there are white RBs, or purple RBs or anything else.

edit..

That is correct. Lets not forget that most report that Grand was in a position battle (albeit his to lose) just 45 days ago. "One of the best in the league" do not go through those in training camp.

You're right, they dont. Grant is not a top RB in the NFL, but he is a serviceable back and does have good skills. For me, I hope he has a breakout year, stays healthy, and proves all of this wrong (at least get me some good fantasy points...).

It's just in my opinion things have changed in the NFL a ton in recent years...
Top 3 QBs(no order and just an opinion):
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers

Top 3 Rbs(same thing):
Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Lesean Mccoy

I'm simply just saying that the landscape on NFL has changed. Not trying to come off in a wrong way just telling my opinion and how it is. A white QB wins super bowls.The last black QB to win the big game isn't even in the past 15 years.(Couldn't really find one..stopped looking after favre got hit last ring)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I don't even want to touch this. But wow.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers

Top 3 Rbs(same thing):
Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Lesean Mccoy

I'm simply just saying that the landscape on NFL has changed. Not trying to come off in a wrong way just telling my opinion and how it is. A white QB wins super bowls.The last black QB to win the big game isn't even in the past 15 years.(Couldn't really find one..stopped looking after favre got hit last ring)

Let's not do this.

I support DD.

Kevin

But I am at work dude. And a woman belongs in the kitchen :alien:

FF aside, I am rooting for the Packers. I like to support my lady and she loves them. I don't know much about Donald Driver but he seems like a nice guy. My favorite Packer is Charles Woodson. He is pretty good.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers

Top 3 Rbs(same thing):
Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Lesean Mccoy

Holy stereotype! Wowzers!

Am I saying something wrong? Maybe I am ethically but I'm just saying what everyone thinks. I don't know how else to say it...

Am I saying something wrong? Maybe I am ethically but I'm just saying what everyone thinks. I don't know how else to say it...

I'm not thinking that dude. Please don't do that.

Wrong? Nevermind, not gonna touch it. Let's just drop it.

I'm going to pretend I never read it.

Grant had to take a $1M pay cut just to make the team. He doesn't catch the ball that well, is not a great blitz picker upper, a must for a Packers RB, and nobody in the league gets tripped up at the ankles when he runs through a big hole. He's the master of the 6 yard gain through a giant hole.

Kevin

I'm going to pretend I never read it.

Grant had to take a $1M pay cut just to make the team. He doesn't catch the ball that well, is not a great blitz picker upper, a must for a Packers RB, and nobody in the league gets tripped up at the ankles when he runs through a big hole. He's the master of the 6 yard gain through a giant hole.

Kevin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This really made me laugh.

Let's not bring race into the equation, nothing good ever comes from that. If you want to talk about that, please start a thread in the Debate Room.

Could not disagree more. Good back, not one of the best in the NFL. Not even close.

In 2008, he had 1200 yards and averaged less than 4 yards per carry.
In 2009, he had more yards and got it over 4 yards a carry (4.4)
In 2010 he was hurt early.

Im not sure what you consider the best in the NFL, but there are a whole lot of great RBs with better numbers than that, are more versatile and are better blockers as well.

Sweet I guess that makes the Colts Addai one of the best, he averaged 4.3 last year. With those stats the colts have nothing to worry about without manning

Let's not bring race into the equation, nothing good ever comes from that. If you want to talk about that, please start a thread in the Debate Room.

Never meant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back