The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! New coach? You like him?
Tough to tell. He has a lot of clean up to do with the Bucs. Schiano could be the right coach, but it could be one of those situations where it isnt the Coach that's the problem...

Tough to tell. He has a lot of clean up to do with the Bucs. Schiano could be the right coach, but it could be one of those situations where it isnt the Coach that's the problem...

I just saw that Todd McShay has a 2013 Mock draft up already. Hahaha are these guys serious?

Teams do a lot of things wrong, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers agreeing to terms with former Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand is the best sports gesture I have seen in a while.

Agreed, it's a super classy move by the Coach and the organization.

I just saw that Todd McShay has a 2013 Mock draft up already. Hahaha are these guys serious?
Ive shared my thoughts on McShay before.

With that said, for someone that has a wealth of information at his fingertips, he is an idiot.

Ive shared my thoughts on McShay before.

With that said, for someone that has a wealth of information at his fingertips, he is an idiot.

He is a dunce that guy. I hate him.

It is a sad day and may he rest in peace.

The media will turn this into a concussion witch hunt..especially since Ray Easterling killed himself just a few weeks ago and he was one of the first to sue the NFL over the concussion issue. I don't doubt that repeated concussions can have long lasting effects on a person, but the media will turn this into the concussions made both of them committ suicide...just like violent video games cause school shootings and explicit lyrics in music causes good kids to turn into criminals.

I just hate when they start making generalizations, there are plenty of NFL players that suffered plenty of conscussions that are doing just fine....look at Steve Young and Troy Aikman...those 2 were the poster children for "had to retire earlier due to too many concussions" and they seem fine.

It is a horrible loss, he was a hell of a player, I just hope this doesn't turn into the spanish inquistition against the NFL.

I doubt they all had issues with concussions so maybe this will stop the witch hunt before it begins (unless it leads to a roid scandal):

He is the eighth member of the 1994 Chargers team, which reached the Super Bowl, to die before age 45. The others are Chris Mims, David Griggs, Rodney Culver, Lew Bush, Doug Miller, Curtis Whitley and Shawn Lee.

I dont doubt that it does Ary and I would never say that. But I also know that other things cause emotional problems too. Athletes (a generalization) live very fast lives and when those lives change, many of them dont deal with that all that well. There is a certain rush that is gone. A certain euphoric feeling is gone and many times these guys were not all that emotionally sound before any head trauma that they might garner playing the sport.

I will keep my thoughts on Junior specifically out of this one, but some people are not that stable throughout their lives and certain things make them appear to be.

And as the military is learning now TBI exacerbates any type of personality issue. Repeated exposure destroys reasoning and long term decision making. I think the most telling example is Chris Henry, he was 25 I believe with the brain of an elderly person.

Between this and bounties I am definitely starting to agree with Kurt Warner.

And as the military is learning now TBI exacerbates any type of personality issue. Repeated exposure destroys reasoning and long term decision making. I think the most telling example is Chris Henry, he was 25 I believe with the brain of an elderly person.

Between this and bounties I am definitely starting to agree with Kurt Warner.

So if a person was suicidal before they played football and got hit in the head and had concussions numerous times during a football career, the concussions are at fault? Not saying Seau was, but trying to understand.

So if a person was suicidal before they played football and got hit in the head and had concussions numerous times during a football career, the concussions are at fault? Not saying Seau was, but trying to understand.

No, but the concussions are more likely to cause a person to perform extreme actions due to the decreased mental function caused by the TBI.

No, but the concussions are more likely to cause a person to perform extreme actions due to the decreased mental function caused by the TBI.

How can one say that? Without knowing a person, how can one say the concussion caused this than depression, health problems, financial problems, family problems or anything else.

How can one say that? Without knowing a person, how can one say the concussion caused this than depression, health problems, financial problems, family problems or anything else.

Whoops, meant to also put in there "that already has a personality disorder".

I'm not saying the concussion caused this. What I am saying is that a person that suffers from repeated TBI or concussions will experience a net loss in cognitive function. Due to that loss all functions of the brain are diminished, if a person already has a personality issue/disorder then that is more likely to push them to the extremes.

Sounds like those lutefisk eaters in Minnsota have finally decided to build a stadium for the Vikings. I'm glad they're sticking around.

You might be from Minnsota if you think Catsup is too spicy.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back