The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...google met with nfl this week...part of discussions were the rights to the nfl ticket package which expires with direct tv after 2014.

I love the sound of this

I read somewhere that the yearly access would cost Google the same amount they paid for YouTube. Nuts!

I read somewhere that the yearly access would cost Google the same amount they paid for YouTube. Nuts!

Well direct tv paid a billion for the rights...this bodes well for nfl
..bidding war

Well direct tv paid a billion for the rights...this bodes well for nfl
..bidding war
It would be interesting to see what Google would charge. I remember hearing that the NFL had so much leverage in the DirecTV deal that DTV actually loses money on every Sunday Ticket subscription. Obviously, they make it back with all of their other charges. In fact, it probably kept them in business.

Sports in general, and especially the NFL are a big factor in keeping people from cord-cutting. DTV definitely won't give up without a fight, but pockets don't get much deeper than Google's.

Google is taking over the world. I love it, and it scares me.

Hmm...google met with nfl this week...part of discussions were the rights to the nfl ticket package which expires with direct tv after 2014.

I love the sound of this

Watching nfl games on live YouTube would be interesting. Especially for those without smart tvs or streaming devices.

Watching nfl games on live YouTube would be interesting. Especially for those without smart tvs or streaming devices.

Perhaps they would have another avenue to pull this off?

Let's hope Google changes things up and allows just purchasing your team's games.

Well, this is my first foray into this thread and I look forward to talking football with you guys this year. I'm a die-hard Detroit Lions fan and I'm excited for this season to get under way.

Giants vs. Jets tonight hoping the Giants can have a better showing than last Sunday.

Banged up his knee but must not be to bad he is back in the game. Kolb on the other hand is in the locker room getting looked at with a possible concussion

Ugh that sucks for the Bills they just have horrible luck it seems. Not sure I have faith in Kolb just my gut feeling.

Ugh that sucks for the Bills they just have horrible luck it seems. Not sure I have faith in Kolb just my gut feeling.

I think it may be a good thing honestly. Dont get me wrong I hate seeing any player hurt but if EJ is ready to go for week 1 this may force the coaches hand. If Kolb was healthy I could have seen letting EJ sit for a bit. Our 3rd stringer has shown some good things so it will be good to see what he does the rest of this game.

Best thing I read today. "Matt Flynn is so bad that he could lose his starting job to a hot dog vendor in the stands. Who may or may not be JaMarcuss Russel"

Haha....Matt Flynn. Holder of that Green Bay record.

I think it may be a good thing honestly. Dont get me wrong I hate seeing any player hurt but if EJ is ready to go for week 1 this may force the coaches hand. If Kolb was healthy I could have seen letting EJ sit for a bit. Our 3rd stringer has shown some good things so it will be good to see what he does the rest of this game.

Yeah I hear ya it is tough to sit a rookie if he gives your team a better chance to win now. EJ could be good but then again he could need time to sit. Not an easy decision either way

Pat White is playing some darn good ball. No reason to think he replaces Cousins in the QB2 spot on the depth chart, but he's putting together some decent drives.

Pat White is playing some darn good ball. No reason to think he replaces Cousins in the QB2 spot on the depth chart, but he's putting together some decent drives.

Yeah he is just a little too small IMO. One bad hit and career over

Yeah he is just a little too small IMO. One bad hit and career over

Griffin's tall but certainly not a heavy dude, Russ Wilson is another smaller guy. White's lack of size affects his effective throwing distance for certain, but being able to play from a similar playbook as RGIII helps the rest of the offense, I think.

Like I said, he's not about to move Cousins out of his spot, but right now I don't see why you'd keep Grossman around if you've got Pat White, IMO.

Griffin's tall but certainly not a heavy dude, Russ Wilson is another smaller guy. White's lack of size affects his effective throwing distance for certain, but being able to play from a similar playbook as RGIII helps the rest of the offense, I think.

Like I said, he's not about to move Cousins out of his spot, but right now I don't see why you'd keep Grossman around if you've got Pat White, IMO.

Realistically if white could be a serviceable backup the Redskins may be able to get something very good for Cousins in a trade. He has played well when he has had the chance and if it fills another hole on the team to trade the backup QB I think you do it.

Was just looking at total playoff wins for different QB's. I was shocked to see that Rothelisburger had more wins than Peyton Manning, Flacco had just as many and Eli had just one less. Peyton is also the only player to have more than 5 wins while still having a overall losing record in the playoffs.

Was just looking at total playoff wins for different QB's. I was shocked to see that Rothelisburger had more wins than Peyton Manning, Flacco had just as many and Eli had just one less. Peyton is also the only player to have more than 5 wins while still having a overall losing record in the playoffs.

I really think Peyton gets a bad rap in the playoffs though. Some of those Colts teams were just awful other than him and Harrison.

I really think Peyton gets a bad rap in the playoffs though. Some of those Colts teams were just awful other than him and Harrison.

Some of Peyton's games in the playoffs were just awful, too.

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rashad Johnson of the Arizona Cardinals just did everything possible to get himself off the 53-man roster.

3u6yqeje.jpg

Great movie.

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back