The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just heard this crazy bit about Matt Schaub's contract. $10mil base with a $1mil per game played bonus. If he plays a full season, he's set to make $26 million this season. Insane
How much guaranteed?

That's just the guaranteed. Another $4mjl in incentives

I feel like he still has something left in the tank just not at that cost. He could be a serviceable stopgap for a team with a young qb I think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

How much guaranteed?
If they cut him then only 3 million is guaranteed I think. His cap number for this year is crazy and that's why they want him traded vs cutting him, but cutting him will happen if no takers it if he doesn't restructure. Even "captain pick6" can see restricting is in his best interests.

I feel like he still has something left in the tank just not at that cost. He could be a serviceable stopgap for a team with a young qb I think.

can teach the art of the pick 6!

That may be the case. But $26 mil a year better be 2002 Tom Brady

Its funny hearing fans say "we dont want this guy" when their team that started Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden in a single season.

Schaub had one bad year and he's automatically a horrible QB. He could be a great stop gap while their rookie learns the ropes.

Schaub had one bad year and he's automatically a horrible QB. He could be a great stop gap while their rookie learns the ropes.

Reminds me of Philip Rivers going into last season then he had a pretty darn good season although I am still not a huge fan of his

Its funny hearing fans say "we dont want this guy" when their team that started Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden in a single season.

Not saying I don't want him. Never have. Just saying his contract makes him extremely non desirable right now. If he gets cut or traded with the willing to restructure, that's a different story

I'll take him just not with that contract

This years free agency has blown me away as far as the contracts go. Two years ago I never would have thought that a 25 year old rb who is the best available in free agency would get 1/3 the money of a 32 year old pass rusher....

This years free agency has blown me away as far as the contracts go. Two years ago I never would have thought that a 25 year old rb who is the best available in free agency would get 1/3 the money of a 32 year old pass rusher....

I have been saying for the last few years rbs just don't hold up due to the hits they take. Everyone talks about the hits they take on the NFL but let's remember these guys are taking hits from pop Warner on up. Usually the younger you are the more running takes place as well. That takes a toll on the body.

I actually adjusted my fantasy drafting strategy away from running backs a few seasons ago and have been winning my leagues since. I still take a rb decently high but they are no longer my locked in 1 and 2 picks. People are amazed that I keep winning with pieced together running backs week after week but what they don't realize is far to often their #1 pick is either hurt most of the year or has a huge drop in production . Some exceptions to this of course.

Houston media is reporting a possible trade brewing between the Texans and Raiders for Schaub and that Bridgewater didn't have the best pro day today. I really hope that they don't then target Manziel #1 overall.

I think Schaub has something left in the tank just not here. He is snakebit and mentally I think a change if scenery is needed, but he has to restructure the contract to even get any interest.

I think Schaub has something left in the tank just not here. He is snakebit and mentally I think a change if scenery is needed, but he has to restructure the contract to even get any interest.

Part of what I heard was the Oakland has like $55 million they have to spend because of the minimum salary cap but never heard what Houston would get in return

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Part of what I heard was the Oakland has like $55 million they have to spend because of the minimum salary cap but never heard what Houston would get in return

At this point I would take a 3rd or 4th rounder to get that contract off the books.

Also don't worry about Manziel, looks like Clowney or trade down will be the pick from the local radio and blogs I'm reading. Which is fine by me bc I want Garoppolo or Murray over any of he top QB's

schaub isnt getting traded....just like revis wasnt getting traded. no one wanted either of them with the contract they had in place. the texans arent going to pay schaub 10 mil a year to be the 2nd string QB and every GM in the NFL knows that.

schaub isnt getting traded....just like revis wasnt getting traded. no one wanted either of them with the contract they had in place. the texans arent going to pay schaub 10 mil a year to be the 2nd string QB and every GM in the NFL knows that.

The biggest difference between Schaub & Revis is that Schaub knows he has to restructure whether in Houston or elsewhere. Revis knew he could still command $$ where Schaub can't.

The biggest difference between Schaub & Revis is that Schaub knows he has to restructure whether in Houston or elsewhere. Revis knew he could still command $$ where Schaub can't.
Agreed, Schaub can't command the $$$ Revis did!

Cam Newton is having ankle surgery and will be out 4 months. Maybe thats why they dont care that their 6 receivers on the roster have a total of 5 catches.

Should still be back in time for preseason/training camp?

Wow. The Ben Tate signing gets even better for the browns. Details were just released. 2 years $6.5M with a $1.5M signing bonus, $2.5M guaranteed, salaries are $1.2M then $2M with yards incentives of $500K each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back