The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Saints fan I hate the panthers. But I was absolutely rooting for them as the game went on strictly because of how ODB Jr. was acting out there.

Odell Beckham Jr, first player with 3 personal foul penalties in a game since 2011.

TO think the Browns could have (and most expected them to) have Bridgewater right now instead of Crapziel

TO think the Browns could have (and most expected them to) have Bridgewater right now instead of Crapziel
I'm not sure most expected them to. Taking Johnny seems very Brownsy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dang panthers had me worried. I hate when teams lay back thinking they got it won before time expires.

Funny how people are hating on OBJ when they cheer for Dez...

Baldwin is killing me!

Funny how people are hating on OBJ when they cheer for Dez...

Funny?

OBJ was an absolute ASS all game long. Compare what you will but even Dez hasn't done that. Sure I'm a Cowboys fan but I've NEVER seen this many people (like we saw in this thread today) calling for an ejection.

Funny?

OBJ was an absolute ASS all game long. Compare what you will but even Dez hasn't done that. Sure I'm a Cowboys fan but I've NEVER seen this many people (like we saw in this thread today) calling for an ejection.
I just find it funny that's all, do I agreed he behaved like an idiot, yes. Kid plays with fire and passion and sometime you cross that line and can't find a way back. He will learn and correct it, Giants will handle it correctly I have no doubt.

OBJ should have been ejected. No question about it. He targeted Norman's head on multiple occasions.

I hope Goodell grows a set and suspends him at least next game, if not the rest of the regular season. Major fine as well.

I've never seen Dez, TO, Moss or any other blatantly try to go helmet to helmet like that. He could have seriously injured Norman with his blind shots. But punks will be punks and until the NFL cracks down on them, they'll stay around

I just find it funny that's all, do I agreed he behaved like an idiot, yes. Kid plays with fire and passion and sometime you cross that line and can't find a way back. He will learn and correct it, Giants will handle it correctly I have no doubt.

FWIW, yes I pull for Dez as a Cowboys fan but if I saw him doing what ODB was doing today I would be saying to sit his ass as that was a disgrace to the organization and game.

Dude, I think Dez is a piece of garbage, but what Beckham did today crossed the line multiple times. That hit was so wrong. He acted like an asshole all game long and now the entire media is saying the same thing.

Handling it correctly would have been sitting him today after the helmet hit.
He got 3 personals, and should have got a 4th for the removal of helmet.

FWIW, yes I pull for Dez as a Cowboys fan but if I saw him doing what ODB was doing today I would be saying to sit his ass as that was a disgrace to the organization and game.
I know that it will be addressed by the Giants and will probably happen in house. He is 23 and he will learn from this and really he needs to

Dude, I think Dez is a piece of garbage, but what Beckham did today crossed the line multiple times. That hit was so wrong. He acted like an asshole all game long and now the entire media is saying the same thing.

Handling it correctly would have been sitting him today after the helmet hit.
He got 3 personals, and should have got a 4th for the removal of helmet.
I disagree about sitting the player that's what the refs are for they control the game not the coaches.

No rule as far as I know that if you get 3 personal Fouls you get ejected

I disagree about sitting the player that's what the refs are for they control the game not the coaches.

Nope, a coach must control his own team.

No rule as far as I know that if you get 3 personal Fouls you get ejected

Targeting to the head is an immediate ejection and should have been called

Wait, so you dont care what a player does appropriate or not, if the refs dont do it, the coach should never sit a player? Really?

He purposely tried to injure a player. If that is not a reason for a coach to yank someone, I am not sure what is.

Coaches benching you sends a MUCH stronger message than a ref ejection....and that's what this ass needed today. He was out of control on the field.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

I cheered AND hated on Beckham JR today. I said a few times to my buddies that I was embarrassed watching that display today.

I'll be curious to see what happens. Obviously Coughlin will do nothing--or he would've been benched today--and it'll be interesting to see how John Mara (and his "godfather of doing things RIGHT" in the NFL) responds to what that was out there today.

As for the NFL. I don't think there is any chance that he won't be fined. The real question will be whether they choose to suspend him (the Giants could let them off the hook by doing so). On one hand, he deserves it. On the other, there was so much build-up of the Beckham/Norman battle leading into the game, I almost feel like the NFL got exactly what it was looking for. Press and publicity.

Wait, so you dont care what a player does appropriate or not, if the refs dont do it, the coach should never sit a player? Really?

He purposely tried to injure a player. If that is not a reason for a coach to yank someone, I am not sure what is.
This is the refs job to keep the players safe.

I cheered AND hated on Beckham JR today. I said a few times to my buddies that I was embarrassed watching that display today.

I'll be curious to see what happens. Obviously Coughlin will do nothing--or he would've been benched today--and it'll be interesting to see how John Mara (and his "godfather of doing things RIGHT" in the NFL) responds to what that was out there today.

As for the NFL. I don't think there is any chance that he won't be fined. The real question will be whether they choose to suspend him (the Giants could let them off the hook by doing so). On one hand, he deserves it. On the other, there was so much build-up of Beckham/Norman battle leading into the game, I almost feel like the NFL got exactly what it was looking for. Press and publicity.

And said multiple times I believe that the coach should take him off the field.
Im pretty shocked that any fan despite the blinders that exist, think that this was okay because its passion and he's young and will learn from it. He purposely tried to injure a player, and if it was Suh or anybody else doing it to Manning, these same Giants fans would be calling for their heads.

This is the refs job to keep the players safe.

And its the coaches job to police their players. We both know that if someone did this to Eli, you would be screaming for all to hear.

Way different to compare this situation to Eli if it happened to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back