The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

You'd think. Crazy how different the shoot out is vs game situation for some of the shooters.
Absolutely! But when you can shoot like some of those guys... let it rip.

Derek Grant Wheel Snipe Celly Shortie Boys

He would love to have that record but I"m not sure he has that many years left in him
I don't think there's any chance he doesn't make it. He will have about 710 at the end of the season and be 34 years old. Gretzky scored about 80 after that age, but he had already dropped down a lot from his peak goal scoring years. He never got 50 in a season after age 28. Ovechkin has already done it 4 times, with this year probably being the 5th. Averaging 30 for the next six seasons puts him right there. Since he shows no sign of slowing down yet, figure 40-45 for the next two years, then 20-25 (which he could do in his sleep) each year beyond that.

I don't think there's any chance he doesn't make it. He will have about 710 at the end of the season and be 34 years old. Gretzky scored about 80 after that age, but he had already dropped down a lot from his peak goal scoring years. He never got 50 in a season after age 28. Ovechkin has already done it 4 times, with this year probably being the 5th. Averaging 30 for the next six seasons puts him right there. Since he shows no sign of slowing down yet, figure 40-45 for the next two years, then 20-25 (which he could do in his sleep) each year beyond that.
He could do it, but I don’t think it’s happening. He will get some close though! My hesitation is about how many years he has left.

Hell of a breakaway goal by Steel
In OT 4 points on the road to finish a long trip before the break.

Caps vs Isles in an afternoon tilt. 2 - 1 Isles late in the 1st. Lucky bounce gets Isles ahead
Ovi has yet another goal to get to 3rd in goals with 32 (y)

Ovechkin with another goal to move passed Mario Lemieux into the Top 10 of Most Goals scored All time (y)

Caps Caps Caps!! C A P S .... Caps Caps Caps!
Caps were down 4 - 1 entering the 3rd period... shuffle the lines & win 6 - 4!
Ovi ... 2nd straight game with a Hat Trick!!
Awesome way to enter the All Star Break (y)

Good news Avs chase Billington. Bad news they roll out Allen. Up 4-2 going to third. 1 minute of PP to start. Let's finish strong!

I happened to watch only the end of the 2nd period. I was watching the Islanders TV and their announcers were quite pleased.

IMG_20200118_153835333.jpg

Yep. He’s pretty good at scoring goals!

Live look at Martin Marincin:

Not a good start in Toronto... nice little wrister from Towes though.

Oh! And Timothy Liljegren with his first NHL game tonight! Playing with Sandin on his first shift!

It's tough to watch when the Jackets can't even get the power play set up

Just saw this too:

Not a good start in Toronto... nice little wrister from Towes though.
Man, I'm not home yet so have only seen notifications on my phone.

What the frig is happening?

Back