The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Matiss Kivelenieks not looking bad so far tonight in his NHL debut giving Elvis a rest. Hopefully he holds up since his minor league numbers aren't very good.

The NBC panel seems to think Ovechkin will catch Gretzky in goals-scored by the time his career is over. o_O
He's only about 200 away and he probably averages about 40 a year up to this point. If he can remotely hold that pace like Jagr as he gets older he can be there in 5 years. He'll be 39 by then so it's a stretch but if anyone will ever do it, it will be him. I can't see anyone else even coming close in coming years.

Unfortunate that his stick broke there which helped lead to that goal

Bjorkstrand!!!! Jackets take the lead with 26 seconds left

Bjorky with the huge 3rd period and CBJ with another division win!

Hawks Win! Hawks Win! 4 in a row and 11-4 out of the last 15 games.

Wow. The Panthers' white jerseys are fantastic. Very classy.

Wow! Looks like I’ll have to catch up on some highlights tonight!

Avalanche All-Star break update. (Cause I know you were all wondering!)

Avs crushed the DeadWings yesterday to finish a 5 game homestand 3-0-2. How did Detroit get so bad so quick and with little hope for the future?
Little more breathing room from Dallas for the 2nd seed and only 6 pts out from STL. Next game is in 11 days so some much needed rest for the team. Only MacKinnon is in the All-Star game and he has been spectacular keeping this team in position as injuries have slowed all the other stars. Landeskog and Rantanen have been non-factors since returning from their IR time. Hopefully this rest will help them get back to where they were last year. This team would be incredible with a 100% Mikko Rantanen alongside MacMVP.

Avalanche All-Star break update. (Cause I know you were all wondering!)

Avs crushed the DeadWings yesterday to finish a 5 game homestand 3-0-2. How did Detroit get so bad so quick and with little hope for the future?
Little more breathing room from Dallas for the 2nd seed and only 6 pts out from STL. Next game is in 11 days so some much needed rest for the team. Only MacKinnon is in the All-Star game and he has been spectacular keeping this team in position as injuries have slowed all the other stars. Landeskog and Rantanen have been non-factors since returning from their IR time. Hopefully this rest will help them get back to where they were last year. This team would be incredible with a 100% Mikko Rantanen alongside MacMVP.
How about Kadri? He looked pretty good last night too from what I saw! He surpassed his goal total from last year!

CBJ being solidly in the playoff race at the halfway point is a pleasant surprise. Past couple weeks they have been solid, and doing it by committee and with top guys out. This team has some grit.

How about Kadri? He looked pretty good last night too from what I saw! He surpassed his goal total from last year!
He's been the solid 2nd center that they brought him in to be. All the additions have played beyond their previous totals. Helps to have a high powered offense to fuel the stats. But all of them have to do better at defense first before rushing up ice. That's been this teams Achilles heel so far.

CBJ being solidly in the playoff race at the halfway point is a pleasant surprise. Past couple weeks they have been solid, and doing it by committee and with top guys out. This team has some grit.
It’s awesome. My biggest fears; is it sustationable, and can they find a new gear come playoff time.

It’s awesome. My biggest fears; is it sustationable, and can they find a new gear come playoff time.
If the guys who can step it up, do so, I think they can. Maybe bring someone in at the trade deadline? Elvis can be damn good if he gets his confidence level where he needs it, and hell St. Louis did it last year on the back of a new rookie keeper.

If the guys who can step it up, do so, I think they can. Maybe bring someone in at the trade deadline? Elvis can be damn good if he gets his confidence level where he needs it, and hell St. Louis did it last year on the back of a new rookie keeper.
We could, but we already dropped a lot last year doing the same thing. Is it worth what comes from the five year loss?

We could, but we already dropped a lot last year doing the same thing. Is it worth what comes from the five year loss?
Oh I wouldn't say go as loud as we did last year. Just one or two quality guys. Doesn't have to be a Duchene level guy.

6 straight wins, 61 points at the all star break and the Year of the Rat starts Jan 25th Watch out for the Panthers!! Joel Quenneville for Coach of the Year!! #GoCats

Very back and forth here tonight. Gritty crease goal by NyQuist to tie it back up. This game may end like 6-5

Bjorky is FILTHY. What a goal.

Back