The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I’m going nuts with out any live sports to watch, still in shock that the whole season is in jeopardy when the Oilers were most likely back in the playoffs!

I could see dumping the rest of the season. Top two from each division play a shortened playoff series. There NHL playoffs go on forever anyhow. Otherwise they will be forced to compress the playoff schedule. Back to back games with only one travel day. Doesn't need to take three months to crown a champ.

With the CDC requesting no more than 50 people gatherings for the next two months, the NHL season is likely over.

The Wild had a snowball's chance in Hell at making a run at it, so I'm not as pissed as probably Bruins fans or some other fanbases. I mean there were a few teams that were legitimately looking to make a run at the Cup.

It will be interesting if the season is scrapped how the draft will go forward down the road.

AHL. has cancelled their season. NHL probably next..

Season is over. If possible the will have one week training camp and playoffs. Teams not in playoffs as of now are out. (TThis according to Joe Buck whose daughter is dating NHLer)

The Draft has been postponed.

This has been a tough few weeks with no sports. I'm not as die hard as most but a lot of people, myself included, looked at sports as a way to escape the stresses of life. Sitting down for a game or even a few minutes and just getting to watch something you love and escape the stresses of the world. I'm really interested in seeing the aftershocks of COVID-19 on sports. I mean sports are coming back no matter what but NHL specific, does this delay Seattle a year? Its crazy that those who collect cards, the majority of the leagues are going to have an asterisk next to the 2020 Season.

It is honestly like we're approaching the Twilight Zone.

I'd imagine this has completely destroyed any chance the XFL had at restarting their league.

This also plays minimally into Ovechkin's run at 99's records.

I think I heard the KHL might have shut down for a month or something like that - I'd settle for just about any sports on TV at this point.

I'm a sports junkie and there's nothing to watch. I'm not a fan of rerun sports events so that's out. I try to follow as much Sabres info as I can but even that is lacking. They signed there 2nd round pick from 2018 but that's about it. One fun thing I have been watching is SVP's Sportscenter show and his #Seniornight segments. At least he's giving props to kids that are missing their Senior seasons at the HS or College level.

Today is the anniversary of the infamous Wings/Avalanche fight. I really wish they were showing a replay of it today I'd love to watch it again in its entirety.

Today is the anniversary of the infamous Wings/Avalanche fight. I really wish they were showing a replay of it today I'd love to watch it again in its entirety.

That I would watch. I'd also watch old Rob Ray/Tie Domi scuffles. Those 2 cracked me up when they fought.

7bff126e-ed53-4222-9b66-99a6196d771a-jpeg.340002

Toronto has cancelled all public events through to the end of June. I wonder how that would effect the NBA and NHL if they were to get going before that date.

Going to be no fans if they return to finish out the playoffs?

Toronto has cancelled all public events through to the end of June. I wonder how that would effect the NBA and NHL if they were to get going before that date.

Going to be no fans if they return to finish out the playoffs?
fair assumption. If all the guys in the NHL could adequately isolate to the point where playing each other is not a danger, I would absolutely LOVE to watch some games with no crowd noise. I feel like it would be surreal.

fair assumption. If all the guys in the NHL could adequately isolate to the point where playing each other is not a danger, I would absolutely LOVE to watch some games with no crowd noise. I feel like it would be surreal.

I wonder about the 15 min testing kits. Maybe it's unrealistic, but is it possible to produce enough that players are tested before arriving to a game?

I wonder about the 15 min testing kits. Maybe it's unrealistic, but is it possible to produce enough that players are tested before arriving to a game?
sounds like it could work, honestly.

sounds like it could work, honestly.

I'm assuming it would just be manufacturing numbers. Countries are ordering those things by the hundreds of thousands and even millions. How do sport corporations get their mitts (no pun intended) on them in large numbers?

I'm assuming it would just be manufacturing numbers. Countries are ordering those things by the hundreds of thousands and even millions. How do sport corporations get their mitts (no pun intended) on them in large numbers?
I feel like at some point here, we're going to see demand be lower than supply, and it'll level off a bit.

If it's not within the next two months, we've got bigger problems I think.

I feel like at some point here, we're going to see demand be lower than supply, and it'll level off a bit.

If it's not within the next two months, we've got bigger problems I think.

Agreed. There's also a lot of companies bringing them to market. So I'll allow for wishful thinking.

Almost instant test kits are being approved right now. I'm talking less than 30 minutes. It is hard to argue though that these should be used on athletes when they could be used at health care facilities first. Now if there are plenty of these kits, give every player a test when they show up and play in empty stadiums.

But I see pro sports not being the priority in society now. Or should it be. It will be June before any sport is played if ALL GOES PERFECT. That would mean no more regular season and likely a reduced playoff schedule.

Almost instant test kits are being approved right now. I'm talking less than 30 minutes. It is hard to argue though that these should be used on athletes when they could be used at health care facilities first. Now if there are plenty of these kits, give every player a test when they show up and play in empty stadiums.

But I see pro sports not being the priority in society now. Or should it be. It will be June before any sport is played if ALL GOES PERFECT. That would mean no more regular season and likely a reduced playoff schedule.

Wimbledon has just been canceled.

Honestly I don't foresee any sport of any kind in our futures at this point.

Nor should they be, agree 100%. However give it another two months for social distancing and manufacturing and demand wont be as high. I think it's extremely unrealistic that we're going to 10's of thousands at an event any time soon.

From a 'we need the season to be complete' perspective I agree.
To promote a bit of normalcy in our lives for mental health? Maybe.

I do agree that this is appropriate only when there is a surplus of testing kits.

Back