The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I would absolutely LOVE some hockey!
Seconded.

1993 Clarence Campbell Quarter Finals are on replay here tonight... Toronto vs Detroit.

I'm about to go YouTube.
Nothing wrong with that! I watched Auston Matthews highlights last night after the THP Live Stream replay...

Nothing wrong with that! I watched Auston Matthews highlights last night after the THP Live Stream replay...
I watched a chat between Gretz and McDavid on GQ Sports today - It was awesome.

Ah right! Thank you, I forgot about that one!! Worth watching?

Ah right! Thank you, I forgot about that one!! Worth watching?
Oh yeah, man! Gretz was practically gushing on McDavid every time a question was asked... For a guy who is revered, it was fun to see.

Oh yeah, man! Gretz was practically gushing on McDavid every time a question was asked... For a guy who is revered, it was fun to see.
Awesome. I’ll have to give it a watch then. I mean, they both recognize how special each player is in their respective eras... cool to see.

Fun watch, and you’re totally right - Gretz was gushing. I love it.

And GREAT dig by the Great One on the Olympics.
McDavid: I’m dying to play, for sure.
Gretzky: I think all the guys are. You hear that everyone?

Two talented players, for sure.

Fun watch, and you’re totally right - Gretz was gushing. I love it.

And GREAT dig by the Great One on the Olympics.
McDavid: I’m dying to play, for sure.
Gretzky: I think all the guys are. You hear that everyone?

Two talented players, for sure.
I love how absolutely sure he is that McDavid will win a Cup. It was awesome to listen to that.

I love how absolutely sure he is that McDavid will win a Cup. It was awesome to listen to that.
Yes! He said it a few times! And McDavid was absolutely hanging on his every word! You can tell he wants to win so bad.

I would absolutely LOVE some hockey!
They have got to figure this out and SOON. July is to late IMO. Teams should be able to have a camp in mid May. Test everyone and monitor their health everyday just like my work does before I clock in. Screw the remaining games and get on with the playoffs in June.

I’ve been watching a lot of Oilerfanatic1 on YouTube. He posts great stuff and it’s not all oilers. Also the five for fighting and 4th line voice are great podcasts.

I’ve been watching a lot of Oilerfanatic1 on YouTube. He posts great stuff and it’s not all oilers. Also the five for fighting and 4th line voice are great podcasts.
The vintage games on Sportsnet have been very enjoyable to watch, I find!

They have got to figure this out and SOON. July is to late IMO. Teams should be able to have a camp in mid May. Test everyone and monitor their health everyday just like my work does before I clock in. Screw the remaining games and get on with the playoffs in June.
I read that the league is still vetting some potential cities to play games without spectators... still hopeful but the window is closing fast.

The vintage games on Sportsnet have been very enjoyable to watch, I find!
Agreed. They are playing the 87 cup final and that is one of the all time great series for me. The losing goalie winning the Conn Smyth against the dynasty oilers is incredible.

I desperately want them to show the 87 Canada cup in its entirety.

I'd be down for some no fan playoffs haha

This is far from anything, but via a friend of a friend who's on the coaching staff of one of the teams. He said we could see playoffs in July and August and it being contained to 3-4 cities that are within busing distance and most likely no fans or at most maybe 20-25% capacity.

This would also result in next year's start being pushed back.

This is far from anything, but via a friend of a friend who's on the coaching staff of one of the teams. He said we could see playoffs in July and August and it being contained to 3-4 cities that are within busing distance and most likely no fans or at most maybe 20-25% capacity.

This would also result in next year's start being pushed back.
If that happens, I’d be happy to watch again! Surprised that they’d let so many people in to watch though.

If that happens, I’d be happy to watch again! Surprised that they’d let so many people in to watch though.

My guess is that's one of the bigger what ifs. Would depend on state laws at that point and what sort of quick test is available. Most rinks that's fewer than 5000 fan and that's if all are even NHL size.

My guess is that's one of the bigger what ifs. Would depend on state laws at that point and what sort of quick test is available. Most rinks that's fewer than 5000 fan and that's if all are even NHL size.
Exactly. Lots of questions about what rinks they’d use if games were played... I wonder what tickets would go for.

Exactly. Lots of questions about what rinks they’d use if games were played... I wonder what tickets would go for.
Definitely. My biggest take away was at least there are rumblings within. Much like the PGA Tour, even if it doesn't happen, just some sort of released plan would be nice.

Back