The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Daaaaaaaaaamn, Kuzy hitting the slopes!!

ZURICH - Washington Capitals centre Evgeny Kuznetsov tested positive for cocaine at the world championship and has been banned from the Russian national team for four years.

Has anyone been to an outdoor game? Is it worth it?

I could have a chance to go to the WPG CGY game in regina, wondering if I make it happen

MPlefty;n8887722 said:

I could have a chance to go to the WPG CGY game in regina, wondering if I make it happen

I've had a few friends go to both Bruins (home) outdoor games. One loved it and the other had fun, but didn't feel like it was worth the money. Both did say its tough because you're not right on top of the ice like you are in a traditional arena.

Canadan;n8886853 said:
Daaaaaaaaaamn, Kuzy hitting the slopes!!

The crazy part is the fact he denied it after he was shown on video near some blow.

MPlefty;n8887722 said:

I didn't make the trip, but had a couple of friends venture down to Boston for the game at Fenway. They said it was amazing, but just a one time thing for them. Sounds like something that is awesome to experience once at least.

Hello gentlemen. Been a busy year. How’s everyone doing lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrap Iron;n8900406 said:
Hello gentlemen. Been a busy year. How’s everyone doing lately?

I miss hockey!

I was walking In the Edmonton mall this morning and stumbled on a Oilers practice, it was fun to watch

MPlefty;n8887722 said:

I'll be going to the Avs/Kings at the Air Force Academy this winter. Should be a fun experience.

Marner finally signed. Let's get this season going!

Golf Ghost;n8907837 said:

Glad they got this done, but aren't they like 15M over the cap?

MPlefty;n8907963 said:
Glad they got this done, but aren't they like 15M over the cap?

13.4 over.

They have 13.4 in available LTIR. So technically they're like right at the cap.

I suspect we'll see one or two small moves to free up 2-3 mill.

Oilers fan, long suffering variety (aren't we all?). McJesus seems good to go. We've turned over 60-75% of the bottom 6, which had all time record low scoring last year. D will have some new pairings (Nurse/Larson as shut down, Klef + ?, Russell Benning, and a young kid will make the team as #7). Tippet will have the team play tighter D, but goaltending is very suspect. New GM Ken Holland seems to be playing it smart given how badly his hands are tied with cap space, patient and no dramatic moves likely to (say it however you like, the non-Chiarelli).

Will/should be a borderline wild card team, I'll say next year more likely to make some sort of a run.

Leafs are trying to do what no team has ever done and win with 4 forwards making half of their cap. Tough with only 1 D signed for 20-21...

Hopefully the Canucks can find a way to sign Boeser. Our GM has completely effed up the cap situation and now is in hot water.

I'm more than happy to see the Leafs out themselves in cap hell, but not when it is screwing with Point negotiations.

I'm more than happy to see the Leafs out themselves in cap hell, but not when it is screwing with Point negotiations.

Fortunately for TBL I think there's a different mindset. Kuch was a huge signing at a great deal. Maybe Point will look around and realize that if he wants to be part of a team that can win now, he may have to hold off being paid.

Still can't believe we're paying Maner over 10. Talk about adding even more pressure, which I didn't think was possible in Toronto.

How many goals you tihnk Matthews gets this season? I'll say 54

Oilers fan, long suffering variety (aren't we all?). McJesus seems good to go. We've turned over 60-75% of the bottom 6, which had all time record low scoring last year. D will have some new pairings (Nurse/Larson as shut down, Klef + ?, Russell Benning, and a young kid will make the team as #7). Tippet will have the team play tighter D, but goaltending is very suspect. New GM Ken Holland seems to be playing it smart given how badly his hands are tied with cap space, patient and no dramatic moves likely to (say it however you like, the non-Chiarelli).

Will/should be a borderline wild card team, I'll say next year more likely to make some sort of a run.

How many points does McDavid put up this season?

Caps vs Chicago in a preseason tilt at 7 pm tonight. Excited to see the local guy that has made it to the farm team, Joe Snively. He grew up locally, played in the youth hockey leagues associated with the Caps, travelled up the ranks & is about to make his debut in the NHL. He has signed a 2 year entry-level contract with the Caps & played in 9 games late last year with Hershey & had 2 goals, along with 7 points. Played at Yale. His parents, who have had season tickets to the Caps, will of course be attending the game. Will be a fun experience for the guy. I hope he does well.

How many goals you tihnk Matthews gets this season? I'll say 54

How many points does McDavid put up this season?

I'm not much of a prognosticator. I'd put him in the top 3 of scoring with 122 pts - he's gone up each year so far at a fairly consistent rate. But the league is getting faster, he's still the quickest at many things (hands, release) for my money, but the rest are catching up on sheer footspeed. Early reports are that his knee is a non-issue, ask me again 10 games in.

I think also Matthews - capable of 50 but mid 40's is where I'll peg him.

Matthews won't get past the 50 goal plateau ??

Matthews won't get past the 50 goal plateau

I believe he will some day.

He's scores at a higher rate 5 on 5 than any other player since he entered the league. Add in that Babs better start giving him more PP time and offensive zone starts or else he'll be fired.

However, I can't see it happening this year.

Damn, that's big scoring.

Could be more. Gretzky set the record (92) in his fourth season. Lemieux put up 85 his fiffifth season No I'm not saying Matthews is Gretzky or Lemieux but typically fourth or fifth season is when greats start doing big things.

Back