The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Big win for the Astros! Had to have that one with Cole on the mound

damn that's a huge win for my Stros if tomorrow is a rain out. G Cole is a freaking beast! Of course LSU Tigah Will Harris is great out of the pen!

Big win for the Astros! Had to have that one with Cole on the mound

Can’t afford to lose a game that Cole starts. He is arguably the best pitcher in baseball right now. You know he is going to give you a quality start almost every time he takes the mound.

Nationals sweep. Maybe we’ll see matchups of Scherzer-Cole and Strasberg-Verlander (assuming Houston beats NY). Can’t ask for more as far as pitching matchups.

Les Expos de Montreal would be very proud tonight.

Hoping the Astros join the Nats in the World Series. Nats have been quite impressive over their 6 game playoff winning streak.

Can’t afford to lose a game that Cole starts. He is arguably the best pitcher in baseball right now. You know he is going to give you a quality start almost every time he takes the mound.

I remember the first game I saw him pitch against the tribe. No idea who this guy was and then damn. Dude is good

Great win by the Nationals, good to see them play well.

good for the Nationals. hope the franchise can get the WS win that they deserved in 1994.

Maddon reaches deal to manage the Angels

Who do you think is going to be more affected by tonight’s rainout? If they are potentially going to have to play on 4 consecutive days, I would think that hurts the Yankees given their need of innings from the bullpen in just about every game. Going to be a potential issue for Boone and his bullpen.

Base running by the Astros is on point. Saw that same play 2 games in a row

Keep it up Astros!

Huge bases loaded strikeouts by Pressly!

Wow. Correa with the 3 run dinger. I’m so sad for the Yankees. NOT

Wow. Correa with the 3 run dinger. I’m so sad for the Yankees. NOT

im quietly optimistic that we can let the next game be the bullpen game and Dave Verlander and Cole for the WS.

Ugh knew that was coming

im quietly optimistic that we can let the next game be the bullpen game and Dave Verlander and Cole for the WS.
Verlander can pitch game 5 tomorrow and then game 2 of the WS on normal rest.

My guess is 6 will be the bullpen game if necessary with Cole ready to go on normal rest in game 7.

As a Yankees fan, they lost this series when they lost game 2. Had a chance to win with Verlander starting and didn't. Good pitching beats good hitting everytime.

Dang StrosStros go into Yankee Stadium and do business. They will be hard pressed to win 3 straight....

CC Sabathia looks like someone's bum uncle asking to borrow a 5 spot at the family reunion!

This is the Astros year. They have plenty of talented hitting, plus Verlander, Cole and Greinke is just sick. Nobody is beating them in a 7 game series.

Verlander can pitch game 5 tomorrow and then game 2 of the WS on normal rest.

My guess is 6 will be the bullpen game if necessary with Cole ready to go on normal rest in game 7.

As a Yankees fan, they lost this series when they lost game 2. Had a chance to win with Verlander starting and didn't. Good pitching beats good hitting everytime.

I get that, but going up 3-1 you have the luxury of pushing Verlander back a day and get him some much needed rest right now. Assuming the Astros make the WS a days rest could be huge right now given the usage up until now.

This is the Astros year. They have plenty of talented hitting, plus Verlander, Cole and Greinke is just sick. Nobody is beating them in a 7 game series.

We did a better job of not leaving guys on base, but that Nationals team has some solid pitching and that scares me a little. It will be a great series if we get there and I am guessing its a 7 game WS>

I get that, but going up 3-1 you have the luxury of pushing Verlander back a day and get him some much needed rest right now. Assuming the Astros make the WS a days rest could be huge right now given the usage up until now.

We did a better job of not leaving guys on base, but that Nationals team has some solid pitching and that scares me a little. It will be a great series if we get there and I am guessing its a 7 game WS>

Plus if they won with the bullpen that would be HUGE. Selfishly I would love to see a Verlander/Scherzer battle game one but IF the Astros win tonight I guess I'll settle for Cole/Scherzer :ROFLMAO:

Yankees fans are becoming unhinged - I guess looming first decade in franchise history without a WS appearance has them triggered:

Need a comeback to end this thing tonight Astros.

Back