The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Ohhhhh gawd...nnooooo. going back to NY can't be good for Stros.

While this is irrelevant now... you do know game 7 would have been in Houston right?

Just freakin turned on it. Mad respect for that cat, cause he put every pound into that sucker haha

Just freakin turned on it. Mad respect for that cat, cause he put every pound into that sucker haha

Little guy hit ball far.

While this is irrelevant now... you do know game 7 would have been in Houston right?

I guess my mind was stuck on 2-2-1-1-1 or something. Lol

PoUnPound for pound Altuve is a great ballplayer. He is a dangerous hitter.

Guess I should have stayed up another 15 or so minutes. Oh well, just happy the Yankees are out.

That 9th inning was insane!

Yanks had a fantastic year and they were fun to follow along with. Nobody could have predicted all the injury stuff they went through and the surprises that popped up along the way. Seems like the last couple of trips to the postseason I hear they need starting pitching over and over again, but when you really look at this series it was their bats and lack of converting opportunities to runs that did them in. If German is cleared and able to come back, I actually don't think they need to blow up that rotation. There are some interesting moves they could make in the off-season. Bring back Didi? Shift Andujar to 1B? Where does Clint Frazier play? Bring on the hot stove season.

Does everyone here like the 2-3-2 format? Do you think perhaps a 2-2-1-1-1 format would be better, or more fair?

Does everyone here like the 2-3-2 format? Do you think perhaps a 2-2-1-1-1 format would be better, or more fair?

My issue with that would be travel days. See how long it takes for NBA series to go from start to finish? 2-3-2 feels more like baseball.

Yanks had a fantastic year and they were fun to follow along with. Nobody could have predicted all the injury stuff they went through and the surprises that popped up along the way. Seems like the last couple of trips to the postseason I hear they need starting pitching over and over again, but when you really look at this series it was their bats and lack of converting opportunities to runs that did them in. If German is cleared and able to come back, I actually don't think they need to blow up that rotation. There are some interesting moves they could make in the off-season. Bring back Didi? Shift Andujar to 1B? Where does Clint Frazier play? Bring on the hot stove season.

Yankees had a starting pitching concern, at least for Boone. When they got to the playoffs, it seemed
that he only trusted Tanaka. Severino being hurt this year didn’t help.

My issue with that would be travel days. See how long it takes for NBA series to go from start to finish? 2-3-2 feels more like baseball.
I can understand the travel issue.

Big game tonight boys! Only better matchup would have been Scherzer/Verlander haha. Either way I’m expecting a low scoring game and double digit strikeouts! Hard to root against Scherzer but I’ve been an Astros fan since 2017 when Verlander was traded there. Let’s go Astros!!

Huge 2 run 2 out hit!!

Astros draw first blood in the World Series with a 2 run 1st inning.

Zimmerman got his pitch and didn’t waste it.

I don’t like how the Astros chased some pitches so hopefully they settle in.

Ugh tie ball game. Not quite what I was expecting tonight from these pitchers

Nats teeing off on Cole tonight. Wow definitely didn’t see this coming

Nationals continuing their hot play. Hitting Cole pretty hard tonight. Soto in beast mode.

Nationals continuing their hot play. Hitting Cole pretty hard tonight. Soto in beast mode.

For someone who is soon to turn 21, Soto is a professional hitter. Terrific on base percentage because of a great eye at the plate.

Astros have had plenty of chances tonight but just can’t get that hit with runners on. Bregman needs to wake the eff up.

Springer is becoming the new Mr. October

Hoping for a Nats sweep in World Series, especially after the Astros front office debacle after the ALCS victory.

On a side note, Juan Soto...

Back