The Official 2019 MLB Thread

The poor matress guy isn't gonna win all those millions he had bet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hedging his bets. He may have been on the hook for more on refunds than he lost in bets.

This one will sting for a bit. Not because the Nationals won (they earned this world series championship), but because the Astros were built and reliant on pitching and offense. The pitching showed up last night with Greinke pitching the game of his life, but once again the bats went cold when it mattered. Stranding 10 on base you deserve to lose.

I also think Greinke was pulled too soon after the HR. He deserved to try and finish out that inning given how much usage Harris has had the last couple of games. If you do pull him Urquidy should have been the guy to come in not Harris.

Either way I'm proud of this team regardless of how small they came up in the WS when it mattered. The worse part is watching those guys celebrate on our field. You work so hard all year for the home field advantage and pissed it away.
Hitters going cold after mashing all year and your manager making questionable moves with the pitching staff to lose a WS you coulda shoulda won....I literally have felt your pain.

Teams not wasting any time denying options. Encarnicion and Kipnis are out there for the taking.
The Yanks have a lot of bats but Encarnacion had a good year and would put up huge numbers in the middle of that lineup. A little strange they’d dump him.

The Yanks have a lot of bats but Encarnacion had a good year and would put up huge numbers in the middle of that lineup. A little strange they’d dump him.
Too expensive I’m guessing. More of a need for pitching

Red Sox will likely be in the market for a DH. If his price is right, his bat would likely play well in Fenway.

I want to know who will pick up G Cole, pretty sure the Astros will be out on that one, but you never know. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Madden's Angels.

Happy the Nats won, Harper delivered on his promise

According to reports, JD Martinez is NOT opting out of his contract with the Red Sox. Really suprised by this and honestly kind of disappointed. The way I see it, this greatly lessens the possibility of them being able to sign Mookie Betts to a long-term deal. Would much rather have Mookie than JD in a Red Sox uniform...

Looks Baldelli. Got manager of the year. Personally I would have given it to Cash. (LLowest payroll anand great run)

Looks Baldelli. Got manager of the year. Personally I would have given it to Cash. (LLowest payroll anand great run)

I would have gone cash or boone.

Mike Trout...third MVP and should have really had a few more

Reports of cheating by the Astros and Red Sox has me agitated as my Dodgers lost to both of them in the WS.

So this houston cheating scandal isn't going away and now the commish is trying to find out how far up the organization it goes. Wonder what they will do it anything

And now their are emails from Astros execs requesting using video to steal signs lol

So this houston cheating scandal isn't going away and now the commish is trying to find out how far up the organization it goes. Wonder what they will do it anything

They need to come down hard on Houston once the investigation is completed. Having a runner on second stealing signs or a guy tipping his pitches is one thing, but having a former player on the record discussing video and banging on garbage cans, along with these emails (smoking gun?) is something entirely different.

They need to come down hard on Houston once the investigation is completed. Having a runner on second stealing signs or a guy tipping his pitches is one thing, but having a former player on the record discussing video and banging on garbage cans, along with these emails (smoking gun?) is something entirely different.
100% agree.

Any penalty needs to be more than fines. I've read some speculation regarding lengthy suspensions including AJ Hinch or loss of draft picks (multiple).

Agree 100%. This is cheating plane and simple

I"m a hard ass when it comes to the HOF...think it should be for the elite of the elite. I can't get past the steroid stuff so Bonds and Sosa are DTM (dead to me). I can't remember if Clemens was implicated in that. If so, he's also DTM. If not, he and Jeter are the only two I'd vote for. Some others had really really nice careers but that's not quite good enough in my book.

Last edited:
Any penalty needs to be more than fines. I've read some speculation regarding lengthy suspensions including AJ Hinch or loss of draft picks (multiple).
Again, 100% agree. Fines aren't nearly enough. Clubs spend hundreds of millions of dollars on payroll each year trying to win a Series. Any one of them would happily pay another 1-5m in additional payroll just to try to improve their odds of winning. Any of them would gladly pay that much to guarantee it. So the penalty has to be much more harsh. Substantial draft picks and substantial suspensions is a start.

I"m a hard ass when it comes to the HOF...think it should be for the elite of the elite. I can't get past the steroid stuff so Bonds and Sosa are DTM (dead to me). I can't remember is Clemens was implicated in that. If so, he's also DTM. If not, he and Jeter are the only two I'd vote for. Some others had really really nice careers but that's not quite good enough in my book.
I wouldn't feel guilty checking only Jeter's name on that list.

Back