The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
With pitchers and catchers due to start reporting in a little over a month, probably time to move on from the 2018 thread.

Pardon me while I reminisce on 2018 for a moment....

BoSoxChamps-533x300.png
BoSoxChamps-533x300.png
BoSoxChamps-533x300.png
DqpQhHmU0AAK5p0.jpg

A lot of unsigned talent is still out there in the free agent pool so it will be interesting to see what unfolds with that prior to the beginning of Spring Training.

The Red Sox are currently the odds-on favorite to win the 2019 World Series followed closely by the Astros, Dodgers and Yankees.

Sox and Betts avoid arbitration and agree to a $20M contract, basically doubling his 2018 contract. No end in sight if he keeps playing the way he has since entering the league.

Sox and Betts avoid arbitration and agree to a $20M contract, basically doubling his 2018 contract. No end in sight if he keeps playing the way he has since entering the league.

His contract will be insane.

His contract will be insane.
No doubt. I wish they would just go ahead and bite the bullet and lock him up long-term. The longer it goes, the bigger the $$$ is going to be.

I hope Kansas City stays in double digits for losses. They are at least a few years from resembling 2014 and 2015.

Machado reportedly has an 8-year contract on the table from the White Sox.

Hearing trade rumors that the Indians are looking to get rid of Kluber. I surely hope we do not, some of the earlier trades were questionable but I could see the reasoning behind them as they freed up salary cap space. I feel getting rid of Kluber would be a huge loss for us and really be the point where the majority of fans begin questioing the front office.

Hearing trade rumors that the Indians are looking to get rid of Kluber. I surely hope we do not, some of the earlier trades were questionable but I could see the reasoning behind them as they freed up salary cap space. I feel getting rid of Kluber would be a huge loss for us and really be the point where the majority of fans begin questioing the front office.

Yeah its been the rumor for the last few months, but nothing has come from it. Evidently SD wants him to then flip to the Reds but it doesnt sound like its happening.

I think since they moved Alonso and then Encarnacion their payroll reduction plan should be ok

I just hope we (Redsox) have a good year. We always have a down year or two after winning it all. My hope is we can string consecutive years together and be good. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteSox offer to Machado is $175M over 7 years....a far cry from $300M lol

Yankees sign Adam Ottavino 3 years $27M

Their pen is REDICULOUS

Former Tribe closer Cody Allen signs with ANgels, 1 year $8.5M (plus another $2.5M depending on # of games finished)

Yankees sign Adam Ottavino 3 years $27M

Their pen is REDICULOUS

Sure is. Imagine if Khanle is back to 100% this year? Add his 2017 stuff to this back end.

Green
Ottavino
Betances
Britton
Chapman

Sure is. Imagine if Khanle is back to 100% this year? Add his 2017 stuff to this back end.

Green
Ottavino
Betances
Britton
Chapman

yeah I saw an article showing their pen vs Boston's and it was funny to see

Green
Ottavino
Betances
Britton
Chapman

If all goes according to play all they need is a lead after 5 and it is looking good. Basically what the A's relied on last year except the Yankees have a much more impressive rotation.

Sounds like Yankees are trading Sonny Gray to the reds

yeah I saw an article showing their pen vs Boston's and it was funny to see
It is a no contest. Thought the Sox would step up and sign Ottavino. Hope they don't get desperate and re-sign Kimbrel...

Reds with another trade to pick up Sonny Gray today. Happy to see them at least try and be relevant this year.

Reds with another trade to pick up Sonny Gray today. Happy to see them at least try and be relevant this year.

I hope he does well there. He's got really good stuff, ny just wasn't a fit. Cool that they worked out an extension for him too.

I hope he does well there. He's got really good stuff, ny just wasn't a fit. Cool that they worked out an extension for him too.

Yep, seems like that was the hold up the last couple days. I'm just happy they are trying to be relevant right now. He should do just fine in Cincy without any of that NY pressure.

Well Edgar got in the HOF, kind of shocked personally.

fe5982cffe9d9f1c4481b74e64373f9b.jpg

Back