The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

the players do get the money. its how its spread out. if 1 gets more than he's worth, someone has to get less than they are worth. its a zero sum game for the players. At the end of the day 81mill per team went to the players. A good GM will try to spend wisely, so he can get good players to field his team, as opposed to the scraps on the bottom since he overspent on players that were not worth it.

I get that. Now Suter is in Dallas getting paid....I guess $12 million a year going forward because the Wild overspent (or whatever it is). Or, another way to look at it is, Dallas is getting a heck of a discount on Suter. :(

Correct. But for the Minn fans, for the next 4 years, the team can't get/retain the VG players since they are getting hit with a cap charge upwards of 14mill.

Kraken sign Avs Goalie Phillipp Grubauer to a 6 year deal. Who does that leave in net for the Avs?
They overpaid for Kuemper with a 1st and Timmins who was a former #1. Looks like Joe thought Grub would resign and didn't have a plan B. With the goalie cupboard getting picked clean he had to make a bad move. I dont mind Kuemper but he is only under contract for next season. A lot to give up for potentially only one year.

What did I just walk back into...

Sad to see you go @Canadan but sometimes it's just time ya know.

Rangers get Ryan Reaves. Tom Wilson beware, be afraid.

Rangers get Ryan Reaves. Tom Wilson beware, be afraid.

I would say even money they get into a fight on the first shift of the first game they play this upcoming season.

Back