The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Ducks are apparently one of the final three in on PLD with Winnipeg and Montreal. Concerned about what it would end up costing but we never make big trades like this. So as long as it's not Zegras, Drysdale or Gibson, I'd say go for it.

Avs grind one out against Ducks. If you think Makar is good, look at the bigger version of him in Byram. His first NHL point is something to see. 19 year old kid in his second game looked solid. Imagine him as a 22 year old man.

Well, no PLD for the Ducks. How you liking this trade @Canadan? Think Laine sticks around after this year with his contract being up? Looks like he will still be a RFA

Last edited:

Well, no PLD for the Ducks. How you liking this trade @Canadan? Think Laine sticks around after this year with his contract being up? Looks like he will still be a RFA

We'll see how he does once he gets here. They've said they've already spoken at a high level about a long term extension. It's not an ideal scenario but if we can't do a long term deal we can still deal him for something of value since he is still RFA. I think he'll be a good fit here since he gets to be the guy and not stuck in a logjam of top 6 talent. It seems like that is what he wanted.

How is Laine going to respond to Torts yelling at him?

How is Laine going to respond to Torts yelling at him?
Well, he'll only get yelled after if he puts in a half assed effort like PLD was prone to do. Dubois only really became a dominant player when he had a foot up his ass. He's just one of those guys that needs someone to do the motivating for him.

By all accounts, it sounds like Laine has improved quite a bit defensively.

I think I may as well just cheer for Toronto for a while.

Thanks to the Red Wings this weekend the Blackhawks have their first two wins of the season.

Goalies are superheroes.

I think I may as well just cheer for Toronto for a while.
Game tonight at 8pm MST against Edmonton. Plenty of room for a Leafs fan convert!

I keep forgetting that hockey is a thing again.

That's bad.
It felt weird a couple weeks ago, but I’m right back into the swing of things now! Winter = hockey season!

It felt weird a couple weeks ago, but I’m right back into the swing of things now! Winter = hockey season!
Part of me wants to get back on the center ice bandwagon and go all in.

The other part of me just shrugs and does something else lmao

I got the package again this year. Very happy I did - this Canadian division is a lot of fun!

I have NHL.TV streaming. It’s $99 for the full regular season. I’m out of market for every team, so I can watch any game live except nationally televised games which are blacked out.

Never had Center Ice, but from what I hear, NHL.TV is better.

I have NHL.TV streaming. It’s $99 for the full regular season. I’m out of market for every team, so I can watch any game live except nationally televised games which are blacked out.

Mine is NHL Live. I think it’s just different iterations of the same product, really.

yeah, I meant to say NHL.com streaming, which I had last year, but the blackout is a huge turnoff as someone who lives in market for CBJ and doesn't have cable. Very lame.

yeah, I meant to say NHL.com streaming, which I had last year, but the blackout is a huge turnoff as someone who lives in market for CBJ and doesn't have cable. Very lame.

You can get around that with a VPN, but then you’re pretty much watching from a computer connected to a TV which is less than convenient. That’s what I did when I lived in SoCal to watch the Kings though.

I’m really curious what’s going to happen with me and the Kraken next season. I’m only 2.5 hours from Seattle, but the RSN that will be broadcasting them is not available in my area. I should be out of market since the RSN literally isn’t available in my market, but I have a feeling I‘ll be blacked out anyway due to geographic proximity.

Game time! Go Leafs Go!

Back